z

Young Writers Society


12+

I Smile as I Cry

by WolfyAlex


I smile as I cry,

though my tears are not happy.

I still feel joy within my smile,

for I know that I am not alone,

and that there will always be,


Support, Love, and Strength


between me and a few in my family.

I will always have those who will take care of me,

who stand by my choices,

and understand why I want to cry.


So even though these are tears of sadness,

I smile because I know that I will, always

have those few that are my true family.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate

Random avatar

Points: 390
Reviews: 17

Donate
Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:01 am
sanju wrote a review...



The poem is highly emotive. This was expected as it talks about love, tears, happiness, family support etc.

It is a joy to read it, especially the way you have expressed the melancholy lurking in it. And what makes it more appealing is its rhyming.

The different ways in which the poet brings out his/her feelings is praiseworthy.

Looking forward to read more of your works.

Thanks




User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 433
Reviews: 37

Donate
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:59 am
Jcsmooth wrote a review...



Thanks for your review ^_^

I love the way this poem makes me feel
The ones we love will always be near
Family is the most important thing we have
No matter how many times we take them for granted

I am a fan of poem with little to no punctuation, I see it for the words.
For what it truly is, the meaning
I feel as long as a poem is spelled correctly there can be no other mistakes as it is truly the words that make the poem
People may argue that commas and periods help the ready know when to stop or slow down
If there are no punctuation marks then the reader is truly free to read and interpret it in a different way each time they read it.

All in all write however you wish don't let anyone bring you down

Awesome Poem ^_^

JC




User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 747
Reviews: 103

Donate
Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:42 am
anshira wrote a review...



Great poem. You have achieved depth as well as rhyming. A very nice emotional poem. I agree with the last review that you should try to replace unnecessary punctuations with words. I totally love the virtues you have based this poem on and how you have expressed it. Starting was great but your ending could do with a bit of work. I reall liked your poem and look forward to reading more of your work.
-Anshira




User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 1337
Reviews: 7

Donate
Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:40 am
vitamere wrote a review...



I think it's interesting how "Support, Love, & Strength" seem to stand out in the poem - it makes sense, because those are what keeps you and your loved ones together.

I do feel as though you could use more vivid imagery in the poem - the concept is beautiful and incredibly relatable, but it would be even more beautiful with metaphors and colorful vocabulary.

Briefly, grammar wise, you should probably use "and" instead of the symbol, and the comma in the last stanza "always, have those few that are my true family" is unnecessary.

All the best to your future pieces!




WolfyAlex says...


Thank you, and I will try to use more imagery it will probably be on my next poem though.



User avatar


Points: 344
Reviews: 3

Donate
Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 am
AbbyW says...



This was really cool quite deep and sad. I loved how many way you showed the way you were feeling and what is making you feel that way. I hope you will write more pomes you have a real knack for them.




WolfyAlex says...


Thank you! I have a few more poems of mine in my blog but I'll be writing more. ^-^



AbbyW says...


Awesome I can wait to read them



User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 603
Reviews: 12

Donate
Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:22 am
LilMissPanic wrote a review...



Hi there! LilMissPanic here with a friendly review! :] First off let me me say I love your poem! I felt like I could deeply connect! I've always had a big respect for poems, to me they always seemed like stories the heart wished to tell and I've always admired people who could write good poetry[[ I was never really great at it ^^; ]] . Right, so enough of my ranting and onto the review.

Right off the bat I noticed this line,
"I still feel joy with in my smile" Within should be one word. Also I'm not sure if its just a matter of opinion or not but I always felt the need to add a comma after each line to signal the pause that was created there. Though again, not being a well versed poet I'm not sure if that's just a matter of what you like or not.

Next, I notice there are no periods? Are these lines all suppose to run into each other or are there certain places where you want the reader to take a breath?

Other than that I don't see major errors. Good job and keep up the writing!

~Sincerely your fellow YWS writer! :]




WolfyAlex says...


Thank you, I'm glad you like it and I should probably add in commas and periods. {...Im just so bad at grammer XD} I will go fix the within too.




Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
— Helen Keller