z

Young Writers Society



Dawn Reports 1

by Way2Dawn


The modern intellectual and analytical teenage mind is often met with inequalities and dissimilarities of his/her peers. With that said how can one flourish philosophically given their environment without becoming socially isolated? To those of greater wisdom and higher thinking such a question would seem trivial. That those who excel in such qualities should not burden themselves with the presence, friendship, or association of those who chose not to think as deeply and immensely as they do. Regardless, I believe that every question needs an answer. Thus I find myself pondering on how to solve such a enigma nearly everyday. I wish to hear thoughts and comments as well. Dawn Reports 1 end.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
111 Reviews


Points: 10691
Reviews: 111

Donate
Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:29 pm
Way2Dawn says...



Thanks for everyone how has read this report overall I think it is my finest.
And a very special thanks to those who have reviewed and commented on this topic it is something very near to.
If you did enjoy this piece be sure to check out my other reports and comment/review should you feel the need!
-Dawn




User avatar
146 Reviews


Points: 2365
Reviews: 146

Donate
Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:07 pm
SeleneForeverDream wrote a review...



Okay, it seems everyone has given his/her opinion on the matter, and don't get me wrong it's very intriguing. Let's just go through mechanics first, though. ;) Then on to fun stuff.

Nit-Picks:

With that said how can one flourish philosophically given their environment without becoming socially isolated?

Comma after "said".

To those of greater wisdom and higher thinking such a question would seem trivial.

Starting a sentence with "to" is questionable, so I would just take it out.

Thus I find myself pondering on how to solve such a enigma nearly everyday.

"a" should be 'an' in front of "enigma".

Overall:

I love ranting in this sort of style, but there's one problem that seems to emerge each time I do it- thesaurus rape. I'm kind of surprised no one mentioned it. Sure, you have your thoughts in perfect order in the beginning, but towards the end it gets a bit sketchy. You and I just have to watch out for that! ;)

The thought itself was interesting because I was just having a similar conversation with my stepfather not too long ago. Being surrounded by surrounded by people of lower thinking can be exasperating, but also enlightening. If you have friends of all kinds you learn that most people of lower thinking have much more life experience than those of higher thinking. Life experience can't be taught in books, because you have to gain it in the outside world. My point is though it can be exasperating, some things aren't learned in words. They are simply learned in life.

~Selene




User avatar


Points: 1772
Reviews: 3

Donate
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:25 pm
AkiKerosin wrote a review...



-recruited-
I love your word choicing here. It seems sort of like the opening words of an important experiment or adventure. It has that certain almost hungering voice to it.

Now onto the question at hand . . .
I'll be the first to admit: when it comes to other people, I'm a bit jaded. I do talk to many people at my school and elsewhere, but I usually won't bother to carry out any intellectual conversation, as I don't expect much in return (all right, call me arrogant too DX). Most of said intellectual conversations take place on the Internet for me, of course . . . like right now.
Honestly, I see it as all about a person's drive and goals. What they pursue the most often, from what I have witnessed, determines what SORT of intellect they have. You have your A-student whizz kid, who obviously pursues knowledge (okay, or money). But if they were to speak to someone who pursues, say . . . true love or something of the sort, the intellect "levels" wouldn't match up. One would understand scientific theories dramatically more, and one would understand emotional cues dramatically more. While this isn't ALWAYS the case and this example IS horribly stereotypical . . . it's sort of what I noticed. On a simpler level, take the person with a high drive for knowledge and one with a low drive. Who do you think is more of the intellectual?
So I suppose if you want to find someone on your level, you would want to find someone with similar aim in their path? It's one guess. =p But then again, people are hard to pin down. Sometimes, they surprise you.




Random avatar

Points: 4867
Reviews: 35

Donate
Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:26 am
babygirl12 wrote a review...



I agree that there are some people who act stupid and not as "intelligent" as you are, but if you think about it, they have just not encountered the same knowledge as you. That doesn't exactly mean that they are stupid....or idiots, just that they are uninformed. Though I do think that there are some who avoid knowledge, those ones just don't know what's put in front of them. But to find someone who can keep up with you and your "intelligence", would be nice. Because then they could speak your language...right? Right.
As for your choice of style in your writing, it reminds me of the letters Abigail Adams sent to her friends. She talked like that along with the other people in that time period. Accidentally, I wrote like that one day. I noticed it after I already started writing. So I just continued. Its fun to write like that, but a whole different thing to talk like that. I think I'd get a lot of people confused. :P I don't understand all of the words in that fashion, but I can understand a lot.....I think.
Anyways....I think I got your point in your report....I think. Ha, not bad...

-BG-




User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 4977
Reviews: 34

Donate
Sun May 16, 2010 1:35 am
Amylith wrote a review...



I agree with you that there are a lot of stupid people out there (and, if they're too stupid, I can't stand to have to listen to them talk for more than twenty seconds) but I do have friends who aren't as smart as me. In most cases, I think the amount of knowledge you have about a wide range of topics, and, therefore, the ability to talk about a wide variety of things, is what makes a person easier to talk to, and not just intelligence. Also, I have found a group of friends at school who are of the same "intelligence" as me, so I don't feel isolated, but I do feel as though I am "flourishing philosophically."

So there is your answer. Find a group of friends that you can talk about whatever you feel like you need to, from particle physics to politics, and you can "flourish philosophically without becoming socially isolated." Unless, of course, your definition of socially isolated is different from mine.




User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 11486
Reviews: 25

Donate
Thu May 13, 2010 1:53 am
callmeLily73 wrote a review...



I really love this piece of art you created. You speak the truth and you can inspire many great people with your words. I was inspired and moved by the way you weaved your statement of truth. Keep on writing!!
-Lily <3




User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 2016
Reviews: 11

Donate
Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:32 pm
studious samus wrote a review...



very true. Personally, I find it annoying to have to spend quanities of time with idiots :p it is very hard to be intelligent and social at the same time because it is just hard to find other intelligent people! Where I am, i am surrounded by idiots. I wonder if you will ever get a satisfactory answer...




User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:14 am
julide says...



You make very valid points. I myself do not socalize with people I consider under my intelect. This seems very interesting, and I will continue reading.





Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
— Pablo Picasso