z

Young Writers Society



I am a Poet

by WanderingCloud


It is not that simple
all I did was for all.
May you be inspired
after our minds collide.

Painters of the world
ought to bring brilliance.
Every word that unfurled

to all be the guidance.

I am a Poet.

============

A/N: Nurufufufu... First letters. It is like a mnemonic.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 1912
Reviews: 30

Donate
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:54 pm
ardentlyThieving wrote a review...



Hey hey, Ardently here for a review!! (totally out of the goodness of my heart and not at all because it's review month or you mentioned reviews for reviews, what're you talking about I'm wonderful and selfless individual)

First off, the format is interesting. It's sort of an acrostic, with each line starting with a word of the title, but at the same time I'm not sure if it really counts as one. Acrostic or not, it took me far too long to catch onto the little trick, but that's on me not you. Concisely, I'm trying to say that I thought it was quite cool and I liked it. Poems are always harder when you limit yourself by needing rhyme, or alliteration, or in this case for each line to start with a certain letter.

Which brings me to word choice. Despite the limitation of each line needing to start with a letter from the title I don't think your word choice suffered. The whole thing flows well, and the words sound good together. Maybe not the most helpful comment, but they do. Although I agree with Ripple that the narrator seems a bit pretentious, I disagree that the change from rhyme to no rhyme has a negative effect. Personal taste and subjectivity and all that jazz.

And speaking of subjectivity, I feel like maybe you could say poets instead of painters. Not really a big complaint or anything, it just felt a little strange. Also yeah, a third stanza might've been quite nice. Nothing wrong with the two you do have, but elaboration doesn't hurt. Usually.

Overall yeah, I did enjoy this poem that I read for totally selfless reasons. Have a great RevMo!

~ Ardently! <3 ~






Thanks~



Random avatar

Points: 12
Reviews: 3

Donate
Wed May 10, 2017 3:42 pm
draolatch says...



I like the simplicity, but I think this would be more interesting if you stretched it out a bit.
I'd focus on the painter part, that could be stretched out to a couple stanzas






Thank you for the comment.



User avatar
120 Reviews


Points: 4842
Reviews: 120

Donate
Wed May 10, 2017 12:44 pm
RippleGylf wrote a review...



Hello! RippleGylf here. :D

You cover a rather commonplace topic, as far as poetry is concerned. While I completely understand the motivation behind it (obviously, poetry is very important to, you know, poets), you don't explore any new facets of it. For a piece on this subject, having a more original interpretation is necessary.

In the first stanza, the narrator comes across as being rather pretentious, and I don't think that was the intended tone of the piece. It's entirely up to you, but I would recommend experimenting with other wordings that convey the same meaning, but with a different tone, if that makes sense.

The rhyme scheme is also confusing. You have none in the first stanza, while the second has an ABAB pattern. It throws off the flow once you the reader gets to the second stanza.

I know I've been pretty critical, but I did enjoy reading this poem. As far as structure is concerned, it works really well. You obviously love being a poet, and I would love to read more of your works in the future.

This review courtesy of
Image






Hehe. Thanks for the review. But you know, I am kind of a 'stray' poet(not really though. I just make some if I am on the mood.)

F*ck the rules. I don't focus on aesthetic beauty here and there. Blablabla. What's the use of a piece if it can't touch the readers' feelings.

Anyways, Its just my experiment. I like to fiddle here and there to test the waters. Thank you for the review, again.



User avatar
80 Reviews


Points: 4
Reviews: 80

Donate
Wed May 10, 2017 12:39 pm
VegasLights wrote a review...



Hey, WanderingCloud! VegasLights here to give you a review! I see you are a new member, so welcome to the greatest website you will possibly use.

Like Nikayla said, I have no clue what you are saying in the author's note, so I will just leave that out. I also agree that I thought you were a humorous writer, but you proved me wrong. I liked your poem, but I wish it had more of an explanation to why you are a poet. People make poems like this all the time, so I want to see what makes you, you! Now, onto the actual poem.

There wasn't really much you could mess up in this short, but sweet poem. Your fourth line seems to be lost at the moment because it looks like it is a line down. Nikayla also mentioned that everything on here is pretty much what Nikayla said. I agree with her because she wrote what I was going to say. However, I feel like your word choice is good. I don't think that is a thing that needs to be fixed. Your structure is really good because your poem is short and sweet. The flow doesn't seem off, and your imagery is great.

Overall, I think this is a pretty good poem. I would just explain it more but not tell it. Basically, do what you were already doing just add onto it.

xo. VegasLights






Thank you.



VegasLights says...


No problem!



User avatar
1081 Reviews


Points: 220
Reviews: 1081

Donate
Wed May 10, 2017 12:21 pm
Virgil wrote a review...



This is Nikayla here dropping in for a review!

I'm a little confused as to what you're saying in your Author's Note, so I'll just leave that part of the poem alone if you're even saying anything. This is different from the other work that you did, and it's interesting. I assumed from the first two poems that you published on the site that you were primarily a humorous poet, but you've proven me wrong. What I do have to say about this is that while I didn't dislike it, I would have liked to see more originality on this topic. We often see these poems that relate to the author being a poet and to me, they're all on a similar wavelength in that they don't do much new.

At the same time, this piece has brevity in that it's short and to the point with the theme that you're trying to get across. I wanted to note that with the second stanza, there's the fourth line drifting out in space, which is a simple fix. The poem is too short to anything really wrong, per say, but instead, it just isn't all that great. There's no spectacular elements about it or anything that goes above and beyond here.

Focus on your word choice and how you choose to execute the subject matter since it's such a common one, to make it have more features that are new. The ending could be stronger since it's just the title, and it doesn't have a lasting effect, so I suggest that you experiment around with that aspect if you decide to revise or edit this poem.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I hope I helped and have a great day.

Image

This review courtesy of
Image






It was from an Anime character. Koro-sensei~
Nurufufu.. Give it some time to watch. It's great.




Never use your shield as a dinner plate, for that is when the enemy is most likely to attack.
— The KotGR Commander