Danger Mouse

by WWombat

Danger Mouse comes in a little container

He who thieves will be a kitchen boxer!

Danger Mouse spices up many a jungle

And eats quavers until he splits an ankle

Rats! Rats! Rats! Rats!

Rats! Rats! Rats! Rats!

Danger Mouse has got rats! Rats!

Rats! Rats! Rats! Rats!

Danger Mouse pushes an axolotl into lava

It’s like hiding a tentacle in a chess heathen

Danger Mouse is a binge drinking fart face

Stencils are knives if he says so

Rats! Rats! Rats! Rats!

Rats! Rats! Rats! Rats!

Danger Mouse has got rats! Rats!

Rats! Rats! Rats! Rats!

All caves into the hundred acre woods

Where Christopher Throbbin’ is robbin’ all bitches in da hood

The light is a flumaxed snowman with a sausage roll for a brain!

Rats! Rats! Rats! Rats!

Rats! Rats! Rats! Rats!

Danger Mouse has got rats! Rats!

Rats! Rats! Rats! Rats!

Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:34 am
Lumi wrote a review...

So I'm a big fan of nonsensical songs--I am! But I have a couple of major qualms with this song because it just...leaves me with big question marks in my eyes. You know, like the emoticon: ?_? Anyway, the first thing I want to talk about is the debate over author's intention.

See, you as the writer know what you're cranking out when you produce poetry, songs, fiction, but if it comes across as nonsensical and leaves the reader with nothing, then what was the point? There are two frequent responses, and honestly I don't think either hold up very well in court. Firstly, the writer may say: "You need to read it a few more times before you get it, ya feel me?" And to that, I typically say, "Okay, I'll go read it a few more times." But if it remains nonsensical after that point, then it is no longer on the reader to make sense of it. It is the author's job to produce a level of accessibility by which the reader may climb through the remaining puzzle of the work.

The second response that often comes up is that the piece is art for the sake of art. Then you have to define art, you have to defend your stance on what is art and what is garbage, and you just enter this awkward place of Ugh people just don't get me--which leads to burnout and generally unfortunate things.

But I'll stop that for now because that's not review material. My major point is that you jump from nonsensical verse to nonsensical chorus and it just never makes sense. Honestly, the chorus just makes me think of the song Shots by LMFAO...which is probably not a good thing. In fact, I think the only clever thing I find here is the play on Christopher Robin's name, which is still a little childhood-ruining.

Finally, a note on your verses because songwriting is particular unless you're very intentional about your execution: be meticulous with your rhythm or it'll get the best of you. I'm sure if you sang it properly, you could pull off a slip of one syllable, but really in songwriting, precision is something I admire and standardize.

Keep writing, and happy #RevMo !

elitemaster030 wrote a review...

This song is rather confusing to me. Its good, but I am rather confused as to what you were trying to get across.

The song itself is clearly about a Mouse, that I can gather. The mouse binge eats, drinks and has rats.. But the rest of the song is rather confusing to me.

As a first time reader of any of your pieces, this is just an enigma of confusion.

My advice in the future is just to try and make what you are writing either easier for the reader to understand, or simply to add a footnote.

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian