Home » Literary works » Lyrics » Fantasy

Stretch My Wings

by Vulcanite

Authors Note: You all wanted to hear me sing again so here we are https://vocaroo.com/1nJicF0BBqUY in joy:

I want to feel the air

Wiz past my face

Like I'm not even there,

I want to feel my feet lift

Off of the ground

Like I hadn't even left.

Oh, oh,

And I'll stretch my wings

And learn how to fly

Above all things,

I will rise

High up

Into the sky's

Let the sun

Follow me

Until I'm done

Because eventually

I will need to land

But I will still be happy

Because you let me stretch my wings

Oh, Oh,

So let the clouds depart,

So I can see the clear blue sky

But there’s a lot

So I might just have to fly threw them

I will see everything

I will reach heaven,

So just let me stretch my wings

Above all things.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:28 am
Denizen wrote a review...

I love the motif of flying. I sounds angelic. I can read a lot of meaning from this-and I quite like the message, of freedom, of longing, of having the confidence to remain strong in the face of adversity. At least, thats how I read it. Also, your singing voice is lovely!
Criticism wise, there are a few minor spelling errors, and some varied punctuation might add to the feel of the lyrics. Overall though, I love it.

Vulcanite says...

Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it, also yeah this was one of my later songs so my spelling and and punctuation is a little all over the place.
Thanks again for the review. :)

Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:44 am
Vil wrote a review...

Hello there, @Vulcanite, it's Vilnius here with a review! <3

First off, you have an AMAZING voice, I just loved it! :)

Second off, I think that you have a neat little set of lyrics here. Because you use commas, I think that you also need to use periods for consistency, though.

One spelling mistake-- "threw" should be "through." To be honest, I keep forgetting about "threw" because I normally use "tossed" or something similar. XD

Have a nice [*insert time of day here*]!!!

Vulcanite says...

Thanks so much I'm glad that you liked it, also this was one of my later songs so its lay out and spelling is a little all over the place.
Thanks again for the review. :)

Mr. Scorpio says productivity is up 2%, and it's all because of my motivational techniques -- like donuts and the possibility of more donuts to come.
— Homer Simpson