Dream

by Dossereana

Authors Note: You all wanted to hear me sing so here we are  https://vocaroo.com/4bDg8In7zXi in joy:

Breathe your deepest breath, let your thoughts drift away, to a place that is unimaginable, to an island that is nothing like earth.

Oh

Dream under the ocean, were the fish roam, and the dolphins sing there song, because the water is clean.

Oh

Dream under the trees, were leaves fall down onto your head, and there roots are firmly twisted under the ground.

Oh

Dream under the nest, were birds chirp with there many songs, and there eggs grow up to be mighty adults.

Oh

Dream under the stars, they shine down on us, and they bring a little light into the night.

Oh

Dream under the sun, its heat radiates through are skin, and it brings so much light on to the world.

Oh

Dream under the rain, let the water flow through your veins, and it will slide down you until it stops.

Oh

Dream under the rocks, there stronger than ever not to be broken, and they are different shapes and sizes.

Oh

Dream about the wishes, that never came true, but now there here right in front of you, wish your biggest wish.

Oh

Dream under the spotlight, were you are the popular celebrity, and people want to know you form all around.

Oh

Dream about the things that you want to be, there are so many options, but it’s so hard to choose, which one is right for you.

Oh

So Dream far away on to an island, that is full of your deepest wishes, hopes and dreams.

Oh, Oh, Oh

One day you’re dreaming, on top of the clouds, one day you’re sleeping on top of the moon just in your tiny room.

Oh Dream

Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:18 am
Vex3330 wrote a review...

Heya!! I'm a musician so am probably going to take this review in a different direction than most. My first thought when listening to the recording was that their is not a massive amount of rhythm in the singing.
'Dream under the ocean' in the recording feels slightly out of time. I would advise maybe finding a one syllable word for this, as lyrics like 'Dream under the rocks' and the like works far more comfortably.

'Firmly twisted under the ground' is also a little too long to work comfortably while being sung in time.

The same goes for, 'And there eggs grow up to be mighty adults'. Just feels a tiny bit rushed.

Would probably choose not to have the word 'light' in two adjacent paragraphs (The one about the stars and the one about the sun) but that is just personal preference.

'And it will slide down you until it stops', is a not brilliant end to a really great paragraph. Maybe try think of something a little more climactic for that.

I liked 'Stronger than ever, not to be broken', even though it's out of time, it just felt like it worked a little more. I would say keep this in as a fun vocal quirk. However I would say, 'And they are different shapes and sizes', doesn't quite work as well and feels more rushed, so I would suggest shortening this.

'Dream about the wishes, that never came true, but now there here right in front of you, wish your biggest wish'. This is a great paragraph! I would however suggest that you remove 'wish your biggest wish' as it feels like you're over extending the paragraph and making it a little longer than it needs to be.

'Dream about the things that you want to be, there are so many options, but it’s so hard to choose, which one is right for you.' I also really like this but think you could remove 'there are so many options' as it makes the paragraph feel too long again.

'So Dream far away on to an island, that is full of your deepest wishes, hopes and dreams.'. I think I personally would change, 'So dream far away on to an island' to something like, 'So dream yourself away to an island' to give it a bit more flow. Also remove 'wishes' from 'wishes, hopes and dreams', to make it a bit smoother to sing.

The 'Oh, oh, oh' part could have a really lovely harmony in.

You start off the paragraph that goes 'One day you’re dreaming, on top of the clouds, one day you’re sleeping on top of the moon just in your tiny room.', really well, and it makes me feel like you're going to keep going strong but after 'One day you're dreaming, on top of the clouds', you go quiet again for the rest of the paragraph. I think it would work really well in you changed that paragraph to, 'One day you're dreaming, on top of the clouds, one day you're sleeping on top of the moon, one day you wake up back in your bed', just to continue the theme of sleeping. Then you finish off the song with one big harmony and a long single note on 'Oh dreammmm'

I hope this review helped! It's been really nice having an audio snippet to work with as I feel I work much better with music than words :)
Also, I really loved this song and was wondering whether you would want to work with me to turn it into an actual piece of music, complete with instruments and backing voices? If you are, please send me a private message or drop me a comment saying you're interested and we can get to work! :))

Well done on this!!! It was really brilliant and you have an awesome voice!!!

Have an amazing day and keep on writing!! Your stuff is great :D

~ Vex

Dossereana says...

Thanks so much for the review, I really helped me, I will keep this in mind for future songs that I write.
Also I am quit interested, I would love to turn it into something more, with real music, I would like it if you explain it on PM of how were going to do it, or even on a pad.

Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:48 pm
BlackThorne wrote a review...

Grammar
1.

"were" should be spelled "where" and "there" should be spelled "there". this misspelling is in a couple other spots as well:

2.

"are" should be "our".

Word Choice and Flow
1.

"mighty adults" is slightly jarring and doesn't really fit with the dreamy mood. I would suggest this wording:
Dream under the nest, where robins (or whatever kind of birds these are) chirp with their many songs, and their eggs grow up to be birds.

2.

"radiates" sounds technical, I would suggest a softer word like "pulses", "glows" or "shines".

3.

I might switch "on top of the moon" and "in your tiny room" but it doesn't matter too much.

Neat song :)

Dossereana says...

Thanks for the review it was quit helpful, I will think of all of this in future poems, and i will fix the spelling era's as soon as I get to it. Thanks again. :D

BlackThorne says...

no problem! :)

Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:00 pm
dissonance wrote a review...

'Ello Vulcanite! Haven't seen you around, so it's nice to meet you!

I write a lot of songs, so this is right up my alley. The thing is that it doesn't really have a format. Most songs have choruses and verses, but this is quite free. If you don't want a structured thing, that's cool, but I don't really know if that would be a song. What you have right now sounds like one big refrain (or chorus) to me.

The repetition is something that I can't exactly hate. Yes, it is overused in areas, but I really like how simple it is. It sounds nice in your vocaroo too, so it works with everything, which is great if you want a song to be consistent. (Also, I have to mention that your voice is lovely.)

Not much to say, but I hope this helped - Hopefully, not rude though.

Axi

Dossereana says...

It was helpful thank you, also I will think of doing this in future songs that I write. :D

penngreen4776 says...

This is nice. A pleasant dream that almost makes me feel like falling asleep. Of course, that might also be what you're going for.

You also have a nice voice, just want to put that out there.

Dossereana says...

Thank you so much, I'm glad that you liked it all.

oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos