z

Young Writers Society


12+

Collection of old poetry I wrote

by Vryog


Choices

Choices are capricious

beware of consequences

that aren’t conspicuous

Your actions are a domicile

for doleful distend

To brood over brevity is

an ailment to transcend 

Clearance Section

"How do you know what to say,

when the context of the world isn't explained?"

This perspective promotes one to abdicate,

abhorring to the concept of perseverance,

absconding to the reality of your appearance,

makes it harder to commend societies' convalesce

too many besought to cede and call life

a clearance


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
26 Reviews


Points: 1321
Reviews: 26

Donate
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:43 am
SoullessGinger wrote a review...



Okay, I don't know why, but the first poem made me laugh. I didn't know a few of the words, and so I looked them up, right? And " to brood over brevity" when I figured out what it meant, I just loved it, because at that moment I was literally brooding over brevity. I interpreted Choices, as both a warning to be aware that what you do and say has consequences that you don't necessarily see, and that the things you say, when dwelled upon, created a home for melancholy to grow.

And the lines "To brood over brevity is an ailment to transcend" I also loved it so much because I see it as a contradiction and irony, but on purpose, if that makes sense. Like when an author uses difficult words it can stop the reader from understanding a really important or profound theme, but also when a pretentious reader tries to nitpick at the use of some words and ends up missing the point of the poem itself.

And Clearance Section, I also really like. It puts into words a really confusing concept that I appreciate. Also, Sorry, my reviews are convoluted, so I hope you can decipher what I'm trying to say.




Vryog says...


haha thank you that was my intention. I was trying to confuse out of irony. I'm glad you laughed thank you for your interpretation :)



User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 350
Reviews: 11

Donate
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:03 pm
Grimmwolf wrote a review...



Heya! Still getting adjusted to reviewing, so forgive me if I mess up.

Let's tackle your first poem - I like it. It's on the shorter side, which works for what you are trying to say, I believe. I like the way it flows when I read it aloud. Feels familiar there, and it's relatively easy not to slip anything up.

Not sure about the usage of -brevity- though. There are a few meanings, but the one I keep coming to is {concise and exact use of words in writing or speech}, and I don't think someone would easily be able to -brood- over correct grammar and vocabulary.

I feel the same way about -ailment- paired with -transcend- because I don't think {get over an ailment} when I first read that word, especially in the poem's context. I do believe -ailment- works there, though.

This is slightly my preference here, I think, but {domicile
for doleful distend} is a lot of uses of that -d- sound. I actually love assonance in poetry, but that, for some reason, doesn't sit as well as other usages do.

Now, onto the last one -

{How do you know what to say, / when the context of the world isn't explained?} is a good question, and it seems like a good starter too. Something about basing a poem on a question feels easy to mess up, though, so this is a bit risky. *There's also passive voice in there, so a heads up because passive voice makes writing seem weaker than it is*

I don't have anything else to say about this one. I liked how it felt as if challenging humanity in a way? That might be off because I'm not great at finding the meaning of things. I enjoyed it, though.

wolfy ^^

*favorite lines -

Your actions are a domicile

for doleful distend

"How do you know what to say,

when the context of the world isn't explained?"




Vryog says...


thank you and yeah I know the first poem didn't make a lot of sense but at the time I wrote it the reason I used those words was that they were relating to speech and communication in a way. I have social anxiety so when I speak I mess up how I want to say things and sometimes say it backwards and then I can't stop thinking about it afterwards. My poems are vague because I like to think that people can think whatever they want about them. You're definitely right about the second poem; it was about people hiding and when things feel too much they give up. I was merely challenging that point of view.




fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow