Paranoia (Editted Ch. 1-3 and Ch. 4-6)

by Vandria

I editted my first three chapters, and wrote more to it. I hope you guys like it! :D

I need a lot of critisism please. And don;t worry, I won't flip out on you. :wink:

I sat up in bed, stretching my long arms. They spread out on either side of me like two leaves on a flower, and I smiled. I flapped them a little, pretending they were leaves in the wind, but stopped, feeling foolish. Looking around, I noticed nobody saw my childish ways of waking up, and for that I am glad.

I pulled myself out of bed and walked courageously to the kitchen, my chest puffed out and my chin thrown high into the air. I wasn't sure why, but I felt as if today was going to be, as the movies called it, 'a new day'. I was the first one up as usual, so I set a frying pan on the black oven and dropped a sliver of butter on the pan. I watched it melt slowly and finally turn to a dull yellow liquid. I strutted over to the fridge and got out three white eggs. I cracked them gently on the side of the pearl white marble counter, and cleaned up the clear goop they left behind.

The eggs sizzled loudly on the frying pan when I dropped them on. They sloshed around quickly as if not sure what to do or where to go. I smiled and put my face too close to the frying pan, almost burning my poor nose. I pulled my face back and nearly laughed out loud. Why? I don’t know, but it felt necessary.

I got out a spatula and poked at the raw eggs that were slowly cooking in the butter. I poked one too hard and the yoke split open. Groaning, I poked the others open and proceeded to make an omelet instead of sunny-side-ups.

"Come on little unborn chicks. Cook up for me to eat!" I encouraged quietly, not wanting anyone to see me talking to inanimate objects.

As I waited for the eggs to cook, I thought about what I could do today, but nothing came to mind. I might be able to go to the park, but all my friends were at college, which I no longer attended due to the fact that I had too many absences. But in my opinion, one hundred or so absences are not that bad for only half a year.

I could smell the finished eggs before I saw then. The rich and buttery smell filled my lungs and I had to force myself to breath out. Skipping over to the eggs, I scooped them off the frying pan and onto a shiny white plate. I catered to myself and set them on the dining table.

"Here is your food, handsome sir." I said in a low, gruff voice and standing in perfect posture.

"Why thank you, good sir." I said in my high-pitched voice as soon as I set down. I picked up a silver fork that seemed to glow it was so clean. It better be, for I spent a long time polishing them every day. The eggs tasted as good as they smelled, and the fluffy omelet nearly melted in my mouth.

"Mmmm." I couldn’t help but say it out loud, for they were too good. I hear a slight rustle behind me and fly up, turning towards the sound. It came from a green and leafy plant and my face was full of worry.

"I.... I--" I was cut off by my cat, Tom, stepping out into the open. His bright green eyes focused on my face, and he meowed quietly. His thick gray coat was matted and wet, so I could tell he had been in the toilet again. "Now, Tom, what have I told you about the toilet?" I asked, but got no response. Of course I won't get a response, I never do. Sitting back down, I noticed Tom stalking closer to me. Finally, he hopped up onto my lap and curls into a tight ball.

"Oh Tom. The strangest thing happened to me this morning." I said, my mouth full of egg. I swallowed. "I woke up and felt like today will be different. And I have the strangest feeling. As if someone is going to pop out of nowhere and get me. I don’t know what they'll do, but they'll do something." I took another bite and let my mind wander. "What do you suppose it means?"

It means you're paranoid, Lelio. You always have been, and you always will. The voices in my head said politely. I know they're just trying to help, but it doesn't make me feel at all better about myself.

"I'm not paranoid you guys! I'm just nervous. I need a bit of fresh air." I say, then stand up. Tom falls out of my lap and hops onto the table to eat my leftovers. I allowed him this, and went to the door. On my coat rack, I snatched my black top hat with a white silk ribbon in the middle. I bought it because, well, because it was silly. I placed the silly hat on my head and walked out the door.

I still remember when I bought my hat... Or rather, won my hat. I was visiting the circus, because it only came once a year. There had been colorful clowns, lions and tigers and bears... Oh my. I had gone to the stadium, too. I remember looking out onto the stage and seeing the ringmaster. He held a whip in one hand, and his hat in the other. Oh, what a marvelous hat it was. Black with a silk, clean ribbon on it.

The ringmaster’s voice boomed around the stadium, clear as day. And all I can recall doing, is staring at the wonderful top hat. After the show, I followed the ringmaster. I found him at the stand with funnel cakes and proceeded to talk to him. We had a small conversation, and then all I can remember is him betting against me in an eating competition. The first to finish three funnel cakes wins.

We ate, and ate, and ate some more. He only got through two plates until he barfed right on the floor. Needless to say, I got the hat fare and square.

Walking down the streets, I saw an open bench. Those were rare, for people were usually filling them all up. I sat down on the bench, which happened to be green, and looked around. I wanted to make sure nobody was following me. Oh, how I loathe being followed.

Paranoid... They repeated.

"You're wrong, I swear."

After a few minutes, the bright sun started blistering my skin. The feeling was as if someone was holding a lighter to my flesh. Not too bad, but enough to feel funny. I stood up and peeked around my shoulder. Did I just hear a rustle? I think I did.

A very large man came out of a store and headed my way. His large and chunky legs made him walk with more of a wobbly step, but it was enough to send me back a few paces. He kept coming towards me, a gruff and disappointed look on his face.

My mind was buzzing on what to do. Or better, what this fat man could do... to me. He would probably cook me up, the pain would be much worse than the sun. Then he'd eat me ne limb by limb. Oh, the horror. I could feel my limb shaking as he barreled slowly to me, and the fear gripped my insides. I couldn't run. I couldn't even breathe.

He walked right in front of me, and looked me up and down. I was far taller than him, possibly by three feet. Of course, I was taller than everyone around, but still. And I was much skinnier and paler, possibly by 300 pounds or so. He got to my face and scoffed. He then abruptly walked around me politely and when I looked over at him, he smiled at me and dipped his head.

Did I just imagine him looking me up and down? No... I couldn't have. It was right there! The fat man was about to fight me... Or eat me. Whichever came first.

Lelio you moron, he was being polite and stepping around you. Open your eyes fool! They mocked me, the voices. They never knew how much this hurt, or rather they did and that's why they kept doing it.

"That man was going to assault me! I know it." I defended, and they didn't reply back. Smiling smugly, I walked into a store. It was an antique shop. My favorite actually. Small trinkets here and there were so mouth watering. I mean that as a figure of speech of course.

One caught my eye. I walked up to it and peered closely. It was a silver statue about the size of my fist, but so mighty it should be as big as the world itself. The statue was that of a pirate. With an eyepatch golden and a sword the same. I picked him up gently and took him to the checkout counter. The woman looked strangely at the piece and smiled.

"Will that be all?" She asked in a sweet voice.

All? What else is there? What are you not telling me woman! Maybe she's just trying to trick me... Yeah, that's all. Goodness me, that woman is strange.

"Yep, that's it." I finally replied after a moment of silence. She packed up the statue for me, and I payed her in crisp bills.

"Thank you!" She called as I left with the pirate in my palm, to show to the world.

The small figurine reflected off the bright sun that was now slipping out from underneath the clouds. The golden eyepatch kept shining the light into my eye, annoying me slightly. The golden sword was pointed straight to my nose as I held it to my face. It was pointed slightly at the tip, yet not nearly sharp enough to break skin. Good thing, for I can be very clumsy.

I sat down at the same bench I was at earlier. Still nobody was there. Peculiar. Why wouldn't anyone enjoy sitting here today, yet sat there any other time? Is there something wrong with the bench? Let's hope not, for I am sitting and there is no going back.

The pirate seemed to stare straight through me as I searched it for other details I didn't spot before. The beard was molded to look as if he had curly hair down to his chest. He wore old fashioned clothes you'd see in a children's story book, and his large boots were chipped a bit at the heels, as if he'd been dropped the same way far too many times. Once again, the golden eyepatch blared sunlight into my eyes. I took a closer look, and realized how neat the eyepatch was. Although plain and quite average looking, something about it made me attached somewhat.

A woman and her child walked swiftly past me, and I swear that child almost took my pirate. His hand reached out and nearly touched his silver head. He would have swiped it clear from my hand, taking it with him. His mother would never know, that's for sure. she was speaking on her cell phone to someone name Steve I think.

"Steve, Steve. Steve! Calm down! I'll get it on my way home." She said to him. Or her. I see girls with guy names everywhere, and I don't judge. she continued on her way, and the child peered back at me. His hazel eyes appearing filled with tears. He was young, so I assume he's still in the stage where he throws fits. Boy, will his mother be happy when he starts crying for a silver pirate.

I'm not safe here. Too many tragedies could happen to my poor, tiny pirate friend. Standing up, I began walking back home. Now my pirate was in my pocket, safe from any wandering hands that may like knick-knacks. A few people passed, and they looked weirdly at me. At first, I thought it was because they wanted my pirate. Then I realized it was because every time I passed a person, I was hissing to them quietly.

Lelio, don't make a fool of yourself. Get home and calm down. Good idea, for once. I took large gulps of breath, which usually calmed me down.

My house was not ten yards away, when I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. I hesitated before whirling around to face a woman about half my size. She was old and looked quite frail, so I told myself she wouldn't hurt me. But you can never be sure there isn't a big, bulky man underneath an old woman suit...it could happen.

"Is this yours, young man?" She asked, holding up my hat. How did she get that?! She probably stole it right off my head, that little witch! I snatched it from her and took a step back, placing the top hat gently on my fiery red hair. My hair isn't the average orange color, for I dyed it years ago. It’s a bright red color that pops out from under my hat like flames flickering from a candle.

"I saw it fall of your head while you were sitting on the bench.' She continued, smiling now. Her teeth were yellow. Ew. She can't take a couple minutes to brush her teeth?

I walked away without replying, hurrying into my house. There's no way I let my hat fall off. I think she stole it from me, then the guilt made her take it back. I walked to my kitchen where the empty plate from before sat, no more omelet left.

I sat down, pushing the plate away and placed the pirate in its spot.

The eyepatch. It jumped out at me again. Okay, that's about four times now its jumped out at me. I know what I have to do.

I have to go out and buy an eyepatch for myself.

I stood up out of my chair harshly, tipping it over and sending it falling onto Tom. He darted light lightning to hide behind my red velvet couch. I could hear his loud hissing even from there and tried hard not to let a giggle escape my lips. the last thing I need is a cat out to get revenge on me.

"My apologies, Tom." I said, bowing quietly to show respect. It took a few minutes, but eventually Tom came out and rubbed his furry head on my shin. I knew I was forgiven.

Turning away, I went to my room. I quickly changed, wanting my appearance to be perfect for some reason. I put on a formal white button-up with black dress pants and matching shoes. The outfit matched my hat well, so that was good. I looked in the mirror at myself. My bright green eyes stared back at me with intensity as always. They looked so determined, you could swear I was out to do something terrible and get away with it.

My bright red hair curled gracefully around my ears on either side of my head, the black tips seeming to disappear somewhere in my earlobe. My long bangs were shoved over to the left of my face by my long and lanky fingers. They were bony and almost looked like those of a skeleton.

Standing back, I gave myself one last look in the mirror before trodding off to my living room. Tom meowed quietly, and I took that as a goodbye. I waved to him silently and left my house, walking down the street once again.

Every time a person walked by me, I paused until their stomping feet faded away into the distance. I do not want anyone following me today. Even that old lady I met earlier had given me a fright, and who knows what other freaky people could follow me home and steal my hat. or worse, my new eyepatch when I retrieve it.

As I walked along the gray sidewalk, I made sure not to step on a crack. Even though me and my mother never talk, I still do not want her poor delicate back to break.

I was never close to my mother. Yes, we lived together after father died in a car crash, but we never spoke. It was as if our house was a lonely hole, not allowing anyone to speak or even make eye contact with each other. But no matter, I lived through the dark, empty days of no voice for a while, and I turned out okay.

A teenager walked by, an I-pod blaring in his ear. He was staring at the bright white screen, so he didn't see me as I passed him. His should, which by the way was rock hard, hit mine. Mine gave a loud crack, and I had to rub it before the pain went away. He didn't say anything to me, for he probably didn't feel it as I did. I walked on though, sure he would follow me. But there is no way he'd be able to keep himself hidden. I could hear his rock music from fifteen feet away.

I kept moving, taking gulps of breath and peering around my shoulder every twenty seconds to make sure the music boy was still gone.

He's gone, and there is no reason to fear. He was probably deafened by the music and numb from having it in too long. He most likely couldn't feel the impact, Lelio. The voices soothes me, calming my heart rate by a lot. I nodded in response to them, and they quieted to let me be on my way.

Calm. Calm. I can do that. It won’t be that hard.

A small squirrel scurried up the tree beside me, causing me to jump behind a trash can. I’m sure my heart stopped as I saw the squirrel climb higher. My breathing came in quick, tiny gasps as if I had just seen a ghost. Looking around, I realized nobody saw me.

Phew. That was close. But where was I? Oh yes, calm. Calm.

I continued down the sidewalk again, my strides becoming longer and faster as I went. Then, I realized something. Where in the world can I buy an eye patch? There isn’t a store here that supplies them, unless the antique shop would have them.

That’s it! The antique shop! They had never failed me before, so they must have something to my liking. So I walked into the old shop, dust covering my nostrils and causing me to give off a loud, echoing sneeze.

I looked around frightfully, and noticed a couple staring at me. Their big brown eyes were skeptical and mocking. A pathetic, whining noise escaped my lips and I hid behind a large, white dresser. On the dresser top lay a long, gold chain with a glowing pearl on the end. I piddled with it for a moment, rolling the soft jewelry in my hands.

I faintly remember my mother having a necklace slightly like this one. She wore it with everything, and wore it proud. Her face was aglow whenever she had it dangling around her neck. The light pearl would show up on all of her dark clothes, almost drawing peoples eyes to it by force. And mother knew that, which was why she would always wear black. She loved when people would compliment her beautiful jewelry.

“May I help you?” I heard the voice and dropped the necklace back on the table. A lean, young looking man was staring at me with little eyes. They were the color of the sky just as the sun goes down. Soft blues faded into a dark, sharp looking blues. He cleared his throat, looking at me for an answer.

“Uh... No.” I replied. Then, just as he started walking away, I snapped back into the real world. “Um, actually, yes.” I muttered tentatively. He turned back around, his shaggy black hair swishing slightly. He smiled up at me nicely, looking pleased with my answer.

“Great. What can I help you with.” He asked, placing his hands behind his back. I wondered for a moment whether or not he’d pull something from behind him out in the open. Like a present or a cat with rabies. I’d rather have the first one.

I looked around me, wondering if someone was listening in on our conversations. It was then that I realized I was having a conversation. A conversation with a person. A real person. “Um, I’m looking for an eye patch. Nothing fancy, just a classic eye patch.” I rocked back and forth on my feet, watching him contemplate what I had said. After what seemed like forever in silence, he smiled again.

“I believe I have just what you’re looking for, sir.” He said, turning quickly on his heels.

“Please, call me Lelio.” I murmured, not even sure if he’d heard me. The man led me around several booths and other shelves, until he came to a complete halt in front of a small shelf. He leaned down and drummed his fingers on a glass case. After another moment, he picked it up and turned to me.

“Here you are, Lelio. In this box there are many things from an old man that died a few years back. I think you’ll find it to your liking.” He handed me the fragile box and walked away swiftly as if nothing had happened. It dawned on me that I was holding a dead man’s belongings. I dusted off the box and slowly opened the box. Inside sat a large wooden pipe with a black mouth piece, a silver, dented compass, and under a faded maroon tie, sat a single, plain black eyepatch.

I picked the eye patch out of the box and felt it with my fingers. I set the box down gently and put the eye patch on. A smile came to my lips when I felt how natural having it on felt. I walked to a mirror that dangled from a chandelier and looked in at myself. The black eyepatch really brought out the green in my other eye.

I turned and walked slowly up to the cash register, and saw the same man standing behind it. He smiled at me and I saw his name tag on the black jacket he was wearing. Felix.

Felix looked at the eye patch for a moment, grinning happily. His blue eyes were seemingly gleaming with what almost looked like jealousy. I took out my wallet and he looked appalled for a second.

“No, no! That was meant for you. I can tell.” He said, his face beginning to looked normal again as I put away my money. “You can have it for free, I insist.” He said, then winked. I smiled at him and turned away, walking out the door. But his words kept replaying in my head.

It was meant for you. I can tell. And no matter how much as I tried, I couldn’t get Felix out of my head.

The eye patch fit snugly on my eye, blocking out any sight from it. It was an odd feeling, not being able to see. But, I suppose I could get used to it just like a person would get used to being blind after twenty years of perfect vision.

I placed the small pirate on the shelf right above the fireplace, and placed him on a book so he could tower above all of the living room. The book was a very large, thick Dictionary. Since I often used the Dictionary, I replaced it with the Thesaurus. I didn’t ever use the Thesaurus, so placing it under the pirate wouldn’t affect my free time.

The reason I used the Dictionary so often, though, is not because I had bad spelling errors. I often would take the Dictionary, and sit and read it. I would learn dozens of words every single day, so I had a large vocabulary.

My mother never approved of me reading the dictionary, but mostly because she had a phobia and some words I learned frightened her out of her wits. You see, she has hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, which is, ironically, the fear of long words. I don’t know why she has this phobia, but it is indeed a real thing. Even though it is satire at its finest.

I stepped back and observed the pirate, standing bravely on my old Thesaurus. He held his sword out, pointing to me directly. A grin spread across my face.

“Please, Black Beard, do not jab your tiny, metal sword into my soft skin. For I am delicate and fragile.” I pondered what I had said in my mind. “Wait... Those are the same things. Never mind, fine gentleman. Do carry on with your mindless posing.” I said to the pirate, then whacked myself in the forehead. Why do I speak to inanimate objects? Oh, why must I be so eccentric?

Because, you were born weird, and you shall stay weird your entire life, Lelio. It’s who you are, and you cannot change a thing. Thank you once again, voices. You’re always a pleasure to have around. Sarcasm intended in that reply, of course.

For once, I tried to ignore the voices and let myself be distracted. So, I began to clean my house. I started at the living room and dusted every inch of it, making sure to even dust in the small crevices between the bricks on my fireplace. I vacuumed until my carpet glowed white, and then vacuumed one more time to ensure cleanliness.

I walked into my room and began straightening everything. From books to clothes to old cd’s. I stopped on one cd. Good News For People Who Love Bad News it was titled. I laughed. Oh, Modest Mouse, your witty titles amuse me so. I picked up the cd, cleaned it off, and put the cd in the cd player. I skipped a couple songs and listened to Float On. In fact, I even danced along. No, I am not a good dancer, but for once I did not care. For once, I wasn’t afraid that someone would pop out of nowhere and laugh in my face.

I had that feeling constantly. The feeling that people were watching me and judging my every move. That they scoffed at me every second. That they didn’t understand the way I lived. But as I danced happily to Modest Mouse, I wasn’t getting that feeling. And for once, I didn’t care what people thought of me.

Of course, it only lasted for one song. Once the next song came on, my face blushed a bright shade of pink and I continued cleaning, more urgent than before. I straightened all my cd’s and put away the one I was listening to. I made my bed at least four times before I thought it was even slightly decent.

After cleaning for over three good hours, I headed out to go to the grocery store. Most likely, shopping for food could keep me busy. So I made sure my top hat was firmly on my head and stepped outside, making positive my door was firmly locked. I headed out onto the sidewalk and began heading to the store. Good old Wal-Mart fails me as much as the thrift store: never.

I was greeted the moment I stepped into Wal-Mart. A man with graying hair and a handlebar moustache said hello, wearing a bright blue vest with the smiley-face logo on the back. He also wore the most fake smiled I had ever seen. His lips were pulled back, obviously forced. He didn’t even bother to show his teeth. I can almost see his boss telling him he had to work this shift or he was fired.

I nodded in reply to the man and walked on, pushing a silver cart in front of me. The wheels squeaked every few seconds, and gave me a slight headache. I suppose it wouldn’t have bothered me very much, but every cart around me was doing the same. Squeak, squeak, squeak. Goodness, can’t they afford to buy new, non-squeaky carts?

I stopped in front of some vegetables. I picked up a green pepper and rolled it around in my hands. A small, blackish bruise mocked my right smack dab in the middle of one side of the green pepper. Well, I couldn’t buy it then. Or any around it, for that matter. Bruises meant that it wasn’t fresh, and it wasn’t healthy. I set the vegetable down and continued on in my shopping.

I pushed the cart to the bread section and picked up a packaged loaf of un-cut bread. It was whole wheat and there wasn’t a single scratch on it. I placed the bread gently in my basket, and grabbed the handle to continue. But a voice stopped me clear in my tracks, and I had no option but to turn around.

“Well, Lelio! Small world, isn’t it?” Felix called quietly, pushing his cart up beside mine. He smiled at me, but it wasn’t a fake smile like the greeter’s was. It was genuine and didn’t look forced at all.

“Uh... I suppose it is, Felix. Nice to see you again.” I replied stupidly. Had I not just seen him a few hours ago? Perhaps he’s a stalker, and he’s after me. Oh, my. I have a stalker! Just what I need.

“You too. And I see you’re getting good wear out of the eye patch. You know, it was my grandfather’s eye patch. He was such a kind and gentle old man. Never rose his voice to anyone, that’s for sure.” he said, still grinning. His blue eyes bore into my green one happily. Was this man really glad to see me again? I don’t see why he would be. I was just a customer, wasn’t I?

“Really? He sounds like a great man. You’ll have to tell me more sometime.” I insisted, grinning back at him. Wait. Did I just imply that we should hang out sometime. Have I gone mad?!

Felix didn’t look offended, nor did he seem angry at the offer. In fact, he seemed rather pleased with it. “I’d love to. Say, tomorrow at noon? The nice book store down the street? I heard they had a nice atmosphere inside the store.” He said, tilting his head.

I think I had been to the bookstore he spoke of before. And he was right, the atmosphere was great. They played classical music in the background, and everything was clean and tidy. They had shaggy, soft carpet and tall, wooden shelves filled entirely with books of all kinds. The store was very inviting, and many people just went there to have a nice place to chat.

I didn’t have any clue why, but this invitation didn’t scare me at all. In fact, I found myself nodding in agreement. “Tomorrow it is, Felix. I’ll see you then.’ I walked away, pushing my cart ahead of me at full speed. I had made plans. Me, Lelio Stephens had made plans with a real, living human being. Well, there’s always time for something new, I suppose.

I finished my shopping and went to the checkout counter. An old woman with a rather large mole on her cheek stared at me when she was done ringing up my items. I ended up buying the bread, some toothpaste, a new pair of white socks, and some breath mints that were supposedly ‘winter fresh.’ Why is winter fresh? I thought spring was fresh. Winter is full of stuffy noses, coughs, and bad flues. I don’t really think winter is fresh at all. Yet, I still love the mints.

Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:07 am
Vandria says...

Thank you very much, everyone. Your comments helped me. And yes... I suppose it is a bit boring in the beginning. xDD Sorry about that.
And thank you about the vocabulary thing. My mother always told me I had a large vocabulary. :D Thanks again!

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:39 am
napalmerski wrote a review...

Yo,
just read the thing.
First - you have a well stocked vocabulary, and attention to detail.
Second - if there is a plot, which will unfold concerning Felix's gradnpa and his belongings, don't overdo the 'eccentric pansy' traits of the main character, or you will have your work cut out later maintaing these traits in various situations. Or - you will be forced to reduce his eccentricity, and that will necessitate re-writing the beginning.
Third - I think the beginning is fine. Real literature is about nothing hapening. Us amateurs can only hope to put convincing oasises of nothing happening amids various action.
Fourth - There certianly is a vacuum in these first chapters. They are about 70% full. I suggest, when you have the inclination, to fill up this vacuum with more well-written descriptions, which you have shown that you can do, and perhap more thoughts of the young man.
Fifth, if he is a young man, be careful to not project too many schollgirl characteristics on him, like saying 'yeew' (or whatever he said disgusted by yellow teeth), and contemplating about Felix, as if he was a contemplating a potential suitor.
Sixth and final - take care concerning how you phraze some of your descriptions. Like he bit about the heat being like the flame of a lighter - and that being quite a tolerable sensation. (unless later we learn harrowing stories of childhood abuse). And the smell of eggs filling up his lungs. Lets take a step back here, he's not being hosed by egg gass haha.
All in all - a splendid effort, keep doing it, and good luck!

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:37 am
Lena.Wooldridge wrote a review...

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Prok here. It was so boring. You have to make your reader care about your character. As we don't know anything about the character - we don't even know their name or gender! - we don't care about them. As a result, the story is boring to us. You basically just describe what the character goes through on a daily basis *yawn*

PM for questions,
cheers,
-Lena

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:18 am
Prokaryote wrote a review...

The first chapter is one of the most boring things I have ever read -- and as a consequence, I stopped there. Nothing at all happens. Nothing. If you're going to write a story, at least have something of significance occur. Cooking breakfast doesn't count.

Don't waste the reader's time. It's not polite.

Prokaryote

I send you buckets full of stars, the prettiest rainbow I've ever seen and a really adorable unicorn
— Zenith