z

Young Writers Society



Off the Edge of the Rainbow / Chapter 1

by Twit


*DELETED*


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1176 Reviews


Points: 1979
Reviews: 1176

Donate
Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:18 pm
Twit says...



Thank you for reviewing, Crysi!




User avatar
594 Reviews


Points: 6831
Reviews: 594

Donate
Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:58 pm
Crysi wrote a review...



I liked it, although you stole a line from Pirates. ;)

I was sort of confused on the Raven's form, however... I know she's half-elven, and perhaps you described her as a dog because of the way the queen treats her, but you might want to make it a little clearer. Also, I was surprised that the Raven was allowed to speak up in such a disrespectful manner. I wouldn't think that would be tolerated.

All in all, however, I'm really liking the story. Your dialogue is excellent, and your plot seems sound.

As for flashbacks... as long as you make it clear that it's a flashback (i.e. you could have your character dreaming about the past and you could explicitly state that), I think it would be okay. I suppose I'd have to see it in order to give you a good answer, though.




User avatar
1176 Reviews


Points: 1979
Reviews: 1176

Donate


Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver