Bard's Story

by Torpid

The bard leaned in over the table, eager for the tale, everseeking stories of adventure for his retelling. The elder gnome patiently sipped his mead, playing off the excitement of the eager man opposite him. "The story goes back twenty years," He sighed, "When Sehtril Camuine ruled the thieves guild. It had reached its peak of power, back in those days, and had its hand in the entire cities pocket. Their were two thieves, man and woman, named Adoror and Frey, partners in crime and nearly Camuines equals if you ask me. They knew of their growing power and between the two of them they controlled over half the guild. And when they murdered the guildmaster and took his place, no one argued. That is the way of thieves, the murderous lot. But you see, i suppose it was fate. What goes around comes around you see and a year later, Camuines son that had gone into hiding assassinated them both. He goes by the name of 'shadowmender', and it would be wise to avoid him. Now though the guild has fallen from its once lofty position in the cities hierarchy, it is riotus and though this 'Shadowmender' still governs it, he is trying to grasp at the unraveling thread that is his father's legacy." The Bard leaned back in his chair and sighed. It was a good story, but had no ending.

"That is no the end, my friend." The Gnome stated with a chuckle, "Ney, the offspring of Adoror Darkeyes and Frey Faldiren shall not be forgotten so easily." He sighed, "Though i dare say it has." He mumbled and finished his mead. "The baby boy, Thavyr, he was named if i remember correctley. Raised on the streets but watched over to those loyal to the dead thieves. He will reclaim the guild, make order of it, and be the end of this damned 'Shadowmender', mark my words."

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:12 am
Torpid says...

Thanks for the facinating remark and wanting to read, zelithon, the well done, jigsaw, and the good overall, ladydark

Bard 2 iz out. it is about another character that will hook up w/ Thavyr (that orphan kid)

~Torpid

Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:06 am
Jiggity says...

In that case it was really well done. Congrats, laddie.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:54 pm
Torpid says...

JigSaw wrote:Is this a prologue, a first chapter, or the entire story? Until i know this I will reserve my judgement.
otherwise, here are some suggestions:
It had reached its peak of power

It had reached the peak of its power.

had its hand in the entire cities pocket

something about this bit doesnt sit right with me, maybe you restructure that part.

Their were two thieves

There were two theives

nearly Camuines equals

Camuine's

.And when they murdered the guildmaster and took his place, no one argued

,so when they murdered the guildmaster and took his place, no one argued

What goes around comes around you see and a year later

"you see" is not necessary. Cut it out.

Camuines son that had gone into hiding assassinated them both

Camuine's son, emerged from hiding and assassinated them both.

"That is no the end, my friend."

"That is not the end, my friend"--if it was intentional the "no' "

p.s--i just saw that someone else has made the same corrections. sorry. :oops: :oops:

I htink it would work well as a prologue or the very beginning of the book. It's really just a lil piece of info for the reader.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:49 am
zelithon says...

I want to read the rest. By the way i will now call you Young t. It has potental fot a simply facinating story.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:23 am
Jiggity wrote a review...

Is this a prologue, a first chapter, or the entire story? Until i know this I will reserve my judgement.
otherwise, here are some suggestions:

It had reached its peak of power

It had reached the peak of its power.

Their were two thieves

There were two theives

nearly Camuines equals

Camuine's

"you see" is not necessary. Cut it out.

"That is no the end, my friend."

Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:50 am
ladydark wrote a review...

dododo, nice story... I know I know... I shouldn't be editing much since I myself am lame buuut if you want it, here it is...

Their were two thieves, man and woman, named Adoror and Frey, partners in crime and nearly Camuines equals if you ask me.

There, not their, their means like it was Their snowball, there is like... there are two ducks

man and woman, a man and a woman

named Adoror and Frey. Partners in crime and nearly Caminues equals, if you ask me.

They knew of their growing power and between the two of them they controlled over half the guild. And when they murdered the guildmaster and took his place, no one argued.

They knew of their growing power, and between the two of them, they controlled over half the guild. When they murdered the guildmaster and took his place, no one argued.

What goes around comes around you see and a year later, Camuines son that had gone into hiding assassinated them both.

What goes around comes around, you see. A year later, Carmuines' son, who had gone into hiding, assassinated them both.

He goes by the name of 'shadowmender', shadowmender should be capped... Shadowmender

Now though the guild has fallen from its once lofty position in the cities hierarchy, it is riotus and though this 'Shadowmender' still governs it, he is trying to grasp at the unraveling thread that is his father's legacy."

weee, long sentence...
Even though the guild has fallen from its once lofty position in the cities hierachy, it is riotus. Though this 'Shadowmender' still governs it. He is trying to grasp at the unraveling thread that is his father's legacy.

correctley --> correctly

and be the end of this damned 'Shadowmender', mark my words."
and be the end of this damned 'Shadowmender'. Mark my words."

very good overall, just a few minor adjustments...

Seeing is believing, but feeling is the truth.
— Thomas Fuller