z

Young Writers Society


12+

Rainy days

by ThatOneGuy2002


An empty swing, on a grey rainy day.

A reminder of the things I had a chance to say.

Events that cant be changed, no matter how hard I try.

My head tilted up, to face the falling sky.

|

Laying in my bed, no reason to get up.

No reason to keep going, no reason to give up.

Searching for a reason, for a meaning in my life.

In the face of the beast, searching for a knife.

|

Quiet whispers in my mind, not all of them good.

Repeating memories of what ive done, not many things I should.

But deep inside a candle, it shines a glow of hope.

Hope of a better tomorrow, an ending to the downward slope.

|

A stronger voice within me, one I thought was gone.

Reminds me that good things can come, from those who correct their wrongs.

Perhaps I am searching, but in the wrong place.

I look into the mirror, and stare face to face.

|

Face to face with anger, at all the things ive done.

Face to face with sadness, he and I are one.

Face to face with doubt, can I really change through this?

One by one I let them out, parts of me I will not miss.

|

I look into those eyes, ones I forgot were just windows.

Of which show glimpses into the soul, the truth that matters most.

There is time, I remember, and so much left to do.

You cannot fix yourself by going over or under, merely by going through.

|

Suddenly the sky seems brighter.

Still grey, but filled with a glow.

Like a blanket covering a lighter,

There is only vapor inbetween me and my destiny.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
99 Reviews


Points: 13
Reviews: 99

Donate
Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:46 pm
smile wrote a review...



hello there

first of all i want to say this piece is just AMAZING!
i loved the idea of this poem it's very unique and i kind of find it touchy, because of the feeling of finding yourself and facing the bad things in life and in YOU.


"I look into those eyes, ones I forgot were just windows."

i loved how you used the saying " eyes are windows to the soul", it captured the feelling in a good way.


my fav line is "One by one I let them out, parts of me I will not miss." i totally loved it, it is quite catchy and describes how you have your''bad'' things that you want to get rid of.

this part
"A stronger voice within me, one I thought was gone.

Reminds me that good things can come, from those who correct their wrongs."

this one confused me at first, i thought it's a bad voice or an evil one but then i got it.
it's the good angelic voice that gives you hope even after doing bad stuff and make you realise you still have a chance.

i'm sorry if this didn't help or seem as a review ..it's because i loved your poem that i didn't find any flaws.

i wish you write more ...keep it up






Thanks, im glad you liked it! I will definitely be writing more. Sorry if the structure was a bit rough, I didnt spend much time on corrections.



User avatar
38 Reviews


Points: 102
Reviews: 38

Donate
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:12 am
ElvenJedi wrote a review...



Heya, this is ElvenJedi, here to review your work!

First off, this poem is amazing! I could literally feel the hope emanating from the words as the mood changed throughout the piece. Incredible! Anyway, onto some critique!

I noticed every single line ends with a period, besides one question mark and then one comma at the end. I recommend you read through this and try to change things up a bit and fix some grammar mistakes- the first line, for example, should end in a comma, not a period.

I also noticed that you had a really nice simple rhyme scheme going in the first stanza, but it got interrupted in the second stanza when you rhymed "give up" with "get up", which since the emphasis is on "up," it's really just rhyming two of the same words with each other. I definitely recommend you change the wording there! Also, while we're talking about rhyme schemes, the last stanza abandons the previews A-A-B-B rhyme scheme, but I think it sort of fits, it gives it some emphasis and strength, makes it sound more conclusive.

And lastly, the rhythm in a few stanzas is super consistent and nice, but it will be interrupted by a line that is unnecessarily long. Just a suggestion, but maybe get rid of a few words in the longer sentences to even up the syllable count?

Aside from that, this poem was very powerful, and you totally succeeded in changing the mood gradually but surely. Great job! I hope you find this review helpful, and I look forward to reading more of your works in the future!






Thanks for the review, it was kinda just a quick thing, so I didnt pay too much attention to much, but ill look into what you corrected me on.



ElvenJedi says...


No problem!




If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket