The Georgia Nicolson Confessions

by Tessitore

Familiar or unfamiliar? Self-centered and boy-crazy Georgia Nicolson books include:

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snoggings

On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God

Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nunga's

Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants

Away Laughing On A Fast Camel

And it's not done yet.

Usually I don't fall for Young Adult books (since about a year ago), but I picked this series up at the insistance of a few friends (holding pointy objects), and found it very enjoyable.

All these books are written in first-person from the perspective of Georgia Nicolson, a 14/15 year old girl growing up in the U.K. who is full of the need for an uber-sexy boyfriend (who generally come in the form of lead singers for a band called The Stiff Dylans), and a great dislike for most of her family, generally her Vati (father). She also own a half Scottish wild cat named Angus who strangely enough likes to chew on her knickers, attack anything that moves, and leave random presents of half-chewed bat, vole and mouse lying around the house for the first family member to stumbe upon it.

But, really, these books are most amusing (if you can get past the fact that she's going to yabber on about make-up for ever and ever and ever, which you can get past, once you develope the habit of it). I couldn't put one down without picking up the next one and am very, very sad that there aren't more books available. I look forward to them in the future.

I give the Georgia Nicolson books (written by Louise Rennison) 8/10, for the fact that I'm now going to be speaking London slang for another few weeks. Feel sorry for my close friends and relatives.

~*Guinevere*~ wrote a review...

I'm a big fan of the Georgia Nicolson series. Have all the books i'm currently reading the latest ' ...then he ate my boy entrancers.' deffinantly a must :D

Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:40 am
Sam wrote a review...

OOh..I read the third one...prolly not the best to start with but I loved it!

Hehe. Love Sven. Especially when they go to Rosie's house and he's wearing a condom on his head going 'Welcome to the fish party!' Awww, that was great.

And sounds like something I would do :P

Muse wrote a review...

The books have different names In the UK.

It's ok, I'm wearing really big knickers!
Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nunga's
Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants
And that's when it fell off in my hand
and...
Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers

I frickin love these books!! They are the funniest books i have ever read.

Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Rei wrote a review...

The fact that it's making you talk like a brit shows just how good that book was. I only read the first one, but it was really very funny. Maybe it's not a great piece of literature, but who cares. It's a very realistic portrayal of an ENglish teen.

Tessitore says...

Oh, Sven is just one of my favorite characters. "I am Sven and these are my chicks". His pants are awesome, too. =)

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:20 am

I love those books! they're hilarious! WARNING: If you're easily amused like I am, don't read this books in public. People will stare.

And you want to hear something weird? Last year, I had this camp counselor who looked just like how I pictured Sven, Rosie's Scandinavian really loopy boyfriend. LOL

Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:12 am
Tessitore says...

Remarkably, yes. Except for the last one. There were no camels harmed in the making of that book... or something...

Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:57 am

Hmmm, never heard of her, but the titles do sound very interesting...at least some of them. Are they actually about what the title states?

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.