z

Young Writers Society


12+

"Birthday Make-over" a scene from SMILE

by Sylar


Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxlkaGVj2itcZVFIa2pkdXlHX00/edit?usp=drive_web


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 1200
Reviews: 9

Donate
Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:26 am
ninjafangirl wrote a review...



I can't believe I'm doing this. I have school tomorrow! I can't stay up all night reviewing your work!

*sigh* here goes...

How am I supposed to review something based on a book? You didn't even write most of this. Grammar errors, I guess...

"And rainbow looms. Lot of 'em"

*Lots of 'em."

"There other girls burst out laughing."

*The other girls

So much for detailed. Ok, if I'm going to review all your pieces, my reviews won't be perfect. But they are reviews. How about, I'll give you a really really good review if it's still in the Green Room. K?






K, um thanks.



User avatar
66 Reviews


Points: 94
Reviews: 66

Donate
Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:41 am
Storybraniac wrote a review...



The Story was fantastic. But I didn't actually understand the concept at the beginning. Then I found out that the girls were lying. And don't you tHink your story is a bit too girlish. Maybe I feel that because I am a boy. But the story was nice. Could have been better and longer. And I need more points so please donate some points. Keep writing stories but try to write it in the website. Thanks.






Thanks, I guess. You realize you have over 1,000 points, right?



Storybraniac says...


Yeh now i've got some after lots of hard work.



User avatar
46 Reviews


Points: 467
Reviews: 46

Donate
Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:10 am
View Likes
Astronaut wrote a review...



Hello!
Huge shot in the dark here, do you like screenplays? :)
Anyway, I liked your script. It's pretty short, so there's not too much to review on, but I'll do as much as I can.
I saw two grammatical errors. First, Girl #4 said "Lot of 'em." It should be "Lots of 'em."
Second, you said "There other girls burst out laughing." This should say, "The other girls burst out laughing."
Also, I understand that the other girls were doing this to Raina to mock her, but you could have made this a little more clear. Perhaps the girls could've whispered to each other at some point, saying what they were planning to do.
This is really nitpicking, but Girl #1 says, "Great. And how short are your shortest shorts? And you need to start conditioning those 'bangs' of yours."
Using and twice like that just sounds awkward. Next time, try substituting also instead.
That's really all I have. Hope this helped!

-Dominusatramentum






Thanks! One question: Did you watch the scene on Youtube? Cuzzz you should :)





I did! Looks great! :D





Thanks so much!





Welcome!





Oh yeah, and to answer your question from before, yes, I love screenplays.




It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain