The Official Pact Episode 2- The Official Accident

by Sylar

The Official Accident (Episode Two)

copyright 2013

FADE IN-

EXT. LOCAL POOL. DAY.

ISABETH, and HUNTER are swimming and splashing each other while JILLIAN is carefully testing the water.

HUNTER (Sing-song):

Come on in! The water is fine!

HUNTER splashes JILLIAN in the face.

JILLIAN:

Ew! Millions of people could’ve gotten their disgusting feet in that water . . . what if someone has foot fungus?

ISABETH:

Well when ya’ put it that way . . .

ISABETH slowly climbs out the water. JILLIAN helps her up.

HUNTER (Annoyed):

Oh really, it’s-it’s not that bad, see, I’m , I’m-

HUNTER’S face turn white as a piece of green fuzz floats past her.

HUNTER:

Oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God! WHAT IS THAT?

JILLIAN:

See? I told you something was wrong with the molecular leveling of people’s feet! Take my hand.

JILLIAN pulls HUNTER out of the water.

HUNTER:

Thanks. Hey, does it count if a tackle a boy and he’s like (in a deep voice) “Wow, you totally changed the life of others. Great job, yeah, totally . . .”

ISABETH:

You know you should shut up about this tackling thing, but fine.

JILLIAN (Sarcastic):

Big personality change there Izzy, I can’t believe this! You haven’t given in to Hunter’s ideas in years!

ISABETH (Annoyed):

Yeah, yeah, whoohoo. You know that “fungus” was just a piece of fuzz from Hunter’s swimsuit, okay? I’ll get.

HUNTER:

Fine. Dive off the diving board and get it, it’s in that area.

ISABETH (Trying to hide how afraid she is):

Okay!

ISABETH gulps.

CUT TO-

EXT. POOL DIVING BOARD. DAY.

ISABETH steps onto the diving board. The diving board has no handles on the sides.

ISABETH (To herself):

Why am I doing this? I know I’m afraid of heights! Okay, I’m going to do this.

ISABETH runs up to the end of the board, but being to scared, she runs backwards, trips, and falls of the diving board. She hits the concrete, motionless.

HUNTER (Yelling):

ISABETH!

CUT TO-

Credit sequence.

FADE IN-

EXT. POOL DIVING BOARD. DAY.

JILLIAN:

I’ll call 911, Flora, and Isabeth’s parents.

CUT TO-

INT. FLORA’S BEDROOM. DAY.

FLORA is sitting on her bed reading. She has her hair in a towel. Her phone rings.

FLORA:

What? I just got out of the shower!

CUT TO-

INT. AMBULANCE. DAY.

ISABETH is unconscious in the middle, JILLIAN and HUNTER are on the left side of her.

JILLIAN:

I;m sorry, this couldn’t wait. When Isabeth, Hunter, and I were at the swim club, Isabeth fell off the diving board, onto the concrete! get over to the ER and wait for us, we’re coming in the ambulance.

FLORA (O.S.):

Okay, I’ll be right there!

CUT TO-

INT. HOSPITAL INFORMATION DESK. DAY.

It is three days later. FLORA, JILLIAN, and HUNTER are standing around the desk.

DESK CLERK:

Who do you want to see?

HUNTER:

We’ve been coming to see Isabeth Jyung for two days now! I bet you know pur names by now!

DESK CLERK:

No, I don’t, but Isabeth is in room 302, and (in a sing-song tone) I bet you know by now!

JILLIAN:

Sorry about Hunter, she has anger issu-

HUNTER drags her away from the desk by her hair.

JILLIAN:

OWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

CUT TO-

INT. ISABETH’S HOSPITAL ROOM. DAY.

ISABETH is sitting in a hospital bed, listening to her iPod. FLORA, JILLIAN, and HUTER walk in.

FLORA:

Hey, I’m glad you’re feeling better, at least conscious!

ISABETH:

I mean . . .it’s not that bed, I guess. I broke a rib, and I have a black eye! It;s fine really! I’m glad you guys came.

JILLIAN:

When are you getting out?

ISABETH:

In two days!

JILLIAN:

Good because school starts in four!

CUT TO-

THE GIRLS are talking and laughing.

HUNTER:

It’s 5:00, I gots to gozozos. See you tomorrow!

HUNTER leaves.

JILLIAN:

I think we’ll go to. Bye!

JILLIAN and FLORA leave. ISABETH goes bak to listening to her iPod.

ISABETH (singing):

DON’T STOP BELIEVING!

FADE IN-

INT. JILLIAN’S LIVING ROOM. DAY.

THE GIRLS are sitting in front of the computer, talking to SIENNA.

SIENNA:

I’m so sorry about your accident, Isabeth! Once, in the Third Grade, I broke my arm and my leg while ice skating. I was doing a camel and BOOM! I fell.

HUNTER:

Ouch! But really? You’re into ice-skating? Huh, you never know things from a fan site!

ISABETH:

Were you unconscious? I was unconscious for three hours when I fell!

SIENNA:

No, but I’m glad you’re recovering. Remember, Middle School is fun! You get lockers, you’re more independent, and you usually have different people in each class!

ISABETH:

I guess I needed to know that, thanks!

JILLIAN:

Yeah, school does start in two days!

FLORA HUNTER ISABETH, AND SIENNA (In usison):

SCHOOL STARTS IN TWO DAYS!

CUT TO-

CREDITS.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:09 am
ninjafangirl wrote a review...

HELLO

So. I think the main thing that didn't really make sense was the medical part. Isabeth fell off a diving board, hit the concrete, and was unconscious for three hours. Wouldn't that kind of mean she fell on her head? For her to be unconscious, I'm pretty sure the problem would be brain damage. Ok, maybe I'm wrong, but that's what seems to make sense.

Also, the girls see Isabeth, in the hospital. She was previously unconscious. Don't you think they might be more worried? Instead they just sort of chat, like it's a completely normal day. You know, just talking with my friend, who's in the hospital, and I previously had to call 911 for. Like you do.

Blah

And they're just trying to make her feel better, nit bringing up the topic of OW

Elinor wrote a review...

Hi!

So, in a lot of ways, this chapter is better than the first. I think the short scene at the pool is well-executed and suspenseful. However, there is still a lot of work that you can do with this and future chapters. A few quick technical things: firstly, you only need to write a character's name in all caps the first time you introduce them ever. After that, it's all lower case. Secondly, the switching back and forth between Flora and Hunter is confusing. Chose one name that she will be called and stick with it.

I still don't think you're using the medium fully to your advantage. A lot of your description is still really bare and I don't get much of a sense of setting. I would recommend searching for a few of your favorite movies and TV show episodes on this website. There's a lot of free scripts you can look at and read to see how it's done professionally. If you have a script that doesn't describe enough, it's going to be hard for a director to bring it to life.

I'll echo BlackNether's comment about the dialogue. It's not really all that realistic. When we write, it's easy to type whatever for dialogue and make it work. But you have to think to yourself: is this realistic? Would a real person say this? If not, it loses it's credibility. Read it out loud to yourself: does it make sense? If not, then you probably should revise it. Pay attention to conversations you have other conversations you hear and think about patterns and certain things people say in speech.

Hope to see more!

Flora and Hunter are different people. But thanks for the comment, I've written 4 more episodes to date.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:02 am
StoneHeart wrote a review...

Hey thar! Black here for a review. Forgive me if I'm incomprehensible (I'm working on my NUMEROUS issues). . .

So, yes, my thoughts on this piece! First thought: Really, really, really good formatting and easy-to-read style! I really love that! It worked quite nicely. I can see something like this being played out in my head! Great visualizations. My second thought? It's got issues -but it's still quite good! I love the character's already, and I like the idea behind it all (challenge, fail, but not break).

But those issues; ouch! Oddly enough, as good as this piece is, you have SPELLING problems! I can't believe that myself . . . those definitely need working on. The other thing is that your plot is REALLY simplistic (and if you continue it then I bet I can predict things fairly well). The final and most serious problem is that your dialogue is unrealistic. It's better than most script dialogue that I've read; but it's still not right at all. Sorry.

I'll work on all three of these problems with you, but you MUST remember to put yourself to work when the time comes, and really get these problems done and taken care of! Otherwise I might as well have not reviewed you at all . . . and that would be downright sad :(> Oh, and forgive me if you don't take negative criticism. You're doing REALLY good. This is some of the best script that I've ever read on this site!

So, what first? I'm going to go for spelling first. Now, usually I'd give you a bunch of examples of your problems and fix them for you . . . but I find that there's better ways to do things. Today I'm going to explain the problem, show you that you really do have it, and then I'm going to give you a GENERAL solution to them. Not specific: General. Hopefully that'll help more than just fixing the problem for you! Here goes!

Most of your problem seems to be that you're typing REALLY fast and just mis-spell words -and forget to fix them. Here're a couple examples.

I think we’ll go to. Bye!

'back' isn't spelled 'bak'- you missed the 'c'.

So this is what I see: You were typing really fast and missing your apostrophe hit the semi-colon.

I might note that these are not your only problems, you've got plenty more! My solution? Well; I advise you to type a bit more carefully, get a spell checker, and review your own work before you post it. If you do ALL three of those then I guarantee you that next time I review a piece of yours . . . this piece of the review won't be there. Try them out! They really do work!

For your dialogue problem. This is really a quite serious problem for a script . . . what I want you to do here is just read this piece out to yourself. Sounds pretty good, right? Did you happen to notice that some of the things that these character's say are things that you yourself would NEVER say in ANY situation? Well, if you didn't then re-read with that in your mind.

Why don't you try this crazy idea: Put yourself in your character's shoes and ask what they would ask. Say what they would say. Really though: try it. It works really well when you're trying to make your dialogue realistic (NOTE: you really do have a problem here. Think of the number of times that Isabeth (I might also note that that's not a name -though Elisabeth is) said 'ohgod'. Too many. FIX THIS! It really needs to take priority.

Now finally for your simplistic plot. Okay, yes, this is a script, and the rules are different here . . . but the principle that an original, interesting idea will do better than a not-so-interesting idea still does hold! I personally did not like the plot you have going. It's too simple. It's too normal! Why don't you try to spice it up a bit! Throw in something unexpected and REALLY interesting! . . . But that's your choice. I shut up now.

Okay that's it for this review. I really appreciate your style and your formatting! Be sure to keep them up! Remember: Work on that dialogue realisticness, your spelling, and your plot! But most important: KEEP WRITING! Don't forget that part!

P.s. If you want to follow up on this review then please do so via PM. If you wanna be really nice then tell me what you thought of this review, and rate it for me on a scale of one to twenty! What would you like in it? What didn't you like? I need this information . . . so please. Also, if you want another review I do have a Review for Food thread! Or you could just PM me! THANKS!

~Black~

Thank you so much! I feel so embarrassed about the spelling mistakes. :P But I've been working on more episodes, and I think I've gotten better with dialogue.

Good ^^

You're doing great!

Thanks again!!!!!

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:36 am
Noelle wrote a review...

Hi there!

Another great addition to this script. I'm guessing that you're going for a television show here and each of these is an episode, right? Seems pretty cool to me.

Now, I've seen a lot of television shows throw in an episode where a character gets hurt and has to go to the hospital. It makes for dramatic effect and they do it especially for comedies me thinks because they want to have people still take the show seriously. Now obviously this injury to Isabelle isn't going to effect the rest of the story because she's fine and will be getting out of the hospital soon. (Did I have a point here? Oh yeah) I think the hospital scene is a bit cliche because it seems like every show does one now, but that's what makes it work and makes for a good show. So for once
I will be giving props for someone using a cliche :)

Your dialogue is great once again. You did a good job staying true to your characters and creating dialogue that not only fit them but the story as well. The part I like the most was when Isabelle didn't want to get into the pool because it was all gross and germy. It reminded me of my best friend who is pretty much exactly the same way. She is completely afraid of germs like everywhere. I think it's hilarious.

I don't really have anything negative to say. I do wish that this episode could've been a little longer. I was really wrapped up in it and didn't want to stop reading. Good job with keeping me hooked! Please let me know when the next episode is up. I can't wait to read it!

keep writing!
**Noelle**

Thanks so much! I'm really sorry to say, but I'll be gone until September, with no Wi-fi! So, I plan to finish revising 5 more episodes and work on writing another. Today I'm doing lots of reviews so I can post a lot when I get back. Thanks again!

while she was studying the ways of pasta he was studying the ways of the sword
— soundofmind