Harry Potter Plot for RPG Forum

by Swires

Over one thousand years ago four of the greatest Witches and Wizards of the age put their qualities together to form a school of magic so all could learn the art…perfect isn’t it?

Guess again. Beyond the fairy tale is an ancient tale, a tale of deceit and murder, deception and prejudice. In the stone and mortar of Hogwarts lies the blood of Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin.

Their fate occurred when they campaigned against their partners to keep wizards pure, to keep magic only to the pure bloods. As soon as the debate started they were dead men. Both were tortured and silenced with the first ever use of the Avada curse. Both were humiliated and dragged through the streets whilst the people of the age laughed and mocked their stupidity.

Slytherin house was given a snake, a symbol of cruelty and slyness, Hufflepuff were given the badger, the stupidest woodland animal. Green, the colour of the most shameful curse was awarded to the house. Godric ensured that no one ever forgot that his own and Ravenclaw house were the ones who fought back by giving them the noblest creatures: Lion and Eagle.

The Hogwarts motto was formed: sileo spurcamen ut labor lapsus quod repo. Rest the filth that slides and crawls.

For the next 8 and ½ centuries Gryffindor and Ravenclaw were honoured as superiors by the wizarding world while the others were tortured, humiliated and murdered without remorse. Slytherins and Hufflepuffs were forced to bow in the presence of their superiors; they were forced to kneel before adults of ex- Gryffindor and Ravenclaw origin. Their lives were ruined because the sorting hat had placed them in the houses that were founded by those who wanted pure bloods.

When the year hit 1901 and the new Hogwarts intake entered the hall the first person to be sorted was a hufflepuff. The headmaster laughed and tortured the boy infront of the whole school and finally killed him. There was uproar amongst the world. Ex hufflepuff and slytherins fought back, they thought this was too far. They gained the support of the ministry who admitted this had gone on long enough. The headmaster was replaced with Armando Dippet, after the incedent.

The houses were now on an equal plateu but it didn’t stop there. For 4 decades the rivalry continued, the school was a war zone. The students nearly killed each other, but the teachers said nothing. Hufflepuff and Slytherin had been persecuted enough to be silenced now.

When the Dark Lord Grindelwald assumed power he massacred thousands, after his defeat by Albus Dumbledore the Ministry blamed it on the house feud in Hogwarts. Hufflepuff agreed that it was enough, they stopped the fight and got on. Slytherin did not and to this day they still hate all other houses but the reason has been lost in time.

The end of the rivalry caused all the information to be hidden away for ever. No one else would rise like Grindelwald and the age old war would never start again. The crest was redesigned making all houses nobler animals. The motto was rethought to create a pleasant atmosphere: Never tickle a sleeping dragon. All the other information was stored and placed in a secret, dark and remote location: Under the black lake. The room was sealed with ancient magic and guarded by the merfolk.

Amando Dippet thought that no dark lord would cause destruction again because of the archive of information.

Meanwhile, in modern day Blaze Grimes, a 90 odd year old ex-hufflepuff that lived through the rivalry is working at Hogwarts as a teacher of history. His friend, Coldstone Harshing finds a key. Blaze tells him what it might before They both agree to take some students down there to investigate. The things are so shocking, horrific and terrible that they may even resurface the rivalry and split Hogwarts in two once again.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:19 am
Chirantha wrote a review...

Hmm, thoughtful plot. But I thought that the rivalry between Slythering and Griffindor. But this is more better.

And the Hufflepuff's sign is an eagle.

This was really well written, well done. :D

the-rainbow-dreamer wrote a review...

I suppose it is possible that it could have happened.

Well thought about I thought.

I think Ravenclaw was a Eagel, not a raven.

Just watch out for capital letters on the names of people and well even though it does not follow through with the books I rather enjoyed it and there has to be some kind of war between the houses then we were shown in the books.

I thought your retorical question at the beggining was good start and the motto you came up with.

What does it mean?

Xx

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:59 am
Swires says...

Who did the sorting hat belong to? - Gryffindor!

He changed the real story.

ITS A CONSPIRACY! A CONSPIRACY!

Two gunmen on the grassy knoll, three on the texas book depository ...*continues to mutter out the theory*

Lilyy03 wrote a review...

Hmm... I'm not so sure about your portrayal of Hufflepuff. The Sorting Hat's song in OotP mentions that, after the other three had picked out the qualities they wanted in their students, Helga Hufflepuff took on the rest. ('Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot/And treat them just the same... Good Hufflepuff, she took the rest/and taught them all she knew.') Before that it mentions Slytherin's preference of pure-blooded wizards.
It seems to indicate that Hufflepuff was the most accepting of the four, and the one least likely to take issue with ancestry.

Though, as this is an alternate history thing, you might not need to worry that much about canon...

I do think it's an inventive and quite well thought-out plot.

Swires says...

Its an invisionfree forum which I ascended to admin through, however my baby in which I created and host myself that has a money, shop and loads of other stuff is:

http://witherwings.uni.cc

Ego says...

Which RPG forum? One you created...or what? I'm intrigued.

Swires says...

Leonheart wrote:thanks for the credit!

yeah, this was a joint plot idea between the two of us, that really never got used, but as far as im concerned, we re-wrote the history of one of the most loved franchises in the world... and it still works for the "present day"

Yeah - But I wrote this piece lol.

But story wise it was a joint effort.

Leonheart wrote a review...

thanks for the credit!

Swires says...

Ravenclaw symbol is an eagle, not a Raven.

Thanks for the comments.

Btw - Leonheart on here thought of the plot with me for this, I just typed it up.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:06 am
Loose wrote a review...

oooo, impressive. never wouldve thought of any of that. but isnt the Ravenclaw symbol a raven? and also, just near the end it says before when it should say be for. ;) other than that its awesome

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare