z

Young Writers Society



DEAD INSIDE (completely rough)

by Sweetness


Weakening smile,
dulling eyes,
There's the girl who's dead inside.

She mopes, she shouts,
she cries, she pouts,
shes immune to the lies
'cos shes the girl who's dead inside.

You can tease and stare,
laugh at her hair,
'cos shes the girl who's dead inside.

Snigger at her friends and what she wears,
she won't care..
'Cos shes dead inside

You called her names,
you played mean games
and now shes dead inside.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35774
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:17 am
niteowl wrote a review...



I thought this poem was as dead as she is inside. Nothing about this moved me. Like xanthan said, the rhythm worked, but it didn't strike me as being particularly original. Perhaps take one or two of the stanzas in this version and try to capture more of hte emotion in between them. I kind of liked the last stanza, but I think it would work better as an intro and then go into more detail. I'm sure you've got better work than this, I just haven't read it (or can't remember reading it) or it has yet to be posted.




User avatar
688 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 688

Donate
Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:45 pm
xanthan gum wrote a review...



though the rhythm and rhyme all worked out, it was not something that internally struck me. i understand the view, which was actually sort of interesting, but the poetic language was absent, if not just severely lacking.

fix "shes" to "she's"
and fix "'cos" i don't care how, but just fix it. it's informal, i understand, but it doesn't add any affect, but simply takes it away. i'd rather you write "cause".





cron
Remember, a stranger once told you that the breeze here is something worth writing poems about.
— Shinji Moon