Unnamed

by Sunny

Eddie sat up in bed; he was just awoken from the deepest sleep he’d ever been in. The room was pitch-black; it was the middle of the night. The weirdest thing was he was full awake, not one hint of sleep left. There was nothing that he could see that would have awaked him.

His eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness that seemed to swallow him for some time until he noticed a soft glowing that covered the walls and his bed. He looked around the room to find the source of the soft glow; he couldn’t find anything that would be the source.

Then he noticed something just as strange as the no-source-glow. One corner of his room was dark, even with the glow it was the darkest. He got up out of bed and walked to the corner. Most people would be afraid and run away but Eddie didn’t, he was just curious.

It felt weird, getting up. It was like he was loosing something very important. He gasped and looked back at the bed. His body lay there, cold and silent and not breathing. He looked away from his dead body and started towards the corner.

The glow followed him and he noticed that he was the source of the glow. How could he have not of noticed it before? That’s just creepy, Eddie though, but then again, isn’t everything?

He stopped a few inches in front of the darkness. Slowly he put his arm out as if he would touch the darkness. Something grabbed his wrist. What he saw sent a shot of adrenaline through him. A skeleton hand that was pallor had taken a hold of him.

His eyes went wide and panic went through him. The hand had come off of it’s embracer and now clung to this wrist. He backed away from the darkness, fearing for his life…if he had a life to fear for.

_____

I know it's really short and really not the best (as usual). I'm also not sure if this belonged in other or fantasy. Anways critiques greatly appreciated! Thanks!

A dark cloaked figure walked up to him, the only features that really stood out was it’s face and hands, which were as pale as the hand that still clung to him, and they eyes which were a beady green.

“Let me take that back,” it said. It didn’t really seem to actually say it; it just was in Eddie’s head.

He…or she, Eddie was tired of calling it ‘it’, came closer and held Eddie’s arm which the hand was still attached to. One by one, the…creature pried a finger off. Once he had the hand back, he stuck it back in its place where it belonged; on his left arm.

Sunny says...

I've written more I just haven't posted it yet. I was thinking about posting more soon.

:D

Sunny

Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:22 am
leahhh says...

Hi, (:

Sounds like fantasy to me, but thats my opinion.
It's pretty good. I think I'd have to read more.

I get the basic concept, but I have no idea where its going..
Hope to read more though!!

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
— Honore de Balzac