Home » Literary works » Other » Lyrical

Pause...Listen To Me

by StuckOnEarth

Dear you...

Yes, you. Right there. 

I have something to say.

Breathe. 

I'm going to take your hand, and I'm going to tell you to breathe. 

We will wade through pools of warm, soothing gold, you will drag your hands through threads of milky, breathy blue, and you will feel the life. The life that pumps in your veins, that pulls at your delicate, rose-red heartstrings. Look at you. Lucky you. Breathing, living, being. I have never seen one that looks quite like you, that smiles the way you do. Rare, unique.

I will give you the world. I will wrap you in warm blankets and soft songs, I will thread you crowns of buttercups and morning glory's, and you will bathe in the moonlight until your skin glows and your smile turns radiant.

I will love you until you realize that you are alive, more alive then you have ever been, you are here and you are breathing and being and you breathe this air. And no matter how much it can goddamn hurt, you're doing it. You are strong, your heart pumps like no other. How amazing is that? You're lucky enough to be here, in this galaxy, feeling the life all around you, sifting in and out of wonderful, glorious you. You unfurl like a flower, lifting your soft petals and raising your head to the golden-butter sun, every morning to soak in the uniqueness of this single, precious moment. 

I will make you grow, grow until you drink the baby-blue of the never-ending sky, you drape your bare shoulders in the cottony white of the clouds like a blanket, and you will string the stars and the planets among your fingertips as your head skims the inky, velvet purple that surrounds us. I will make you sit in front of the sunset, the most beautiful sunset you've ever seen in your life, watching the golden, violet, rosy pink sunset seep together like paint on a canvas, and you fit there.

You fit like a puzzle-piece into this strange, oddly beautiful universe, you are the mist that clings to your arms in the dusty gray-blue moments of the early morning, you are the sleepy purple that clings to twisted, bare trees during dusk. You are the nostalgic, happy-sad, bittersweet memories, the ones you store away, until you smell that perfect smell, see that perfect sight, and you realize all of those past moments HAPPENED, and you are still here, growing and learning and becoming. 

Run. Run faster then you've ever ran, and close your eyes, and feel that ache, that push, that triumphant feeling that will raise in your chest like tides on a beach. You are going somewhere, GETTING somewhere, always running. Gather these memories, hold them in your palm, breathe them in and feel them melt, warm and cold, sifting and clinging, alive in your hands. 

This is your life. The universe is a part of you, and you are here. There is so much to see, to smell, to learn and taste and be. Yet there is also time to rest, time to sleep, time to daydream of beautiful things.

You are beautiful. You...you are the only you I've ever seen. You may feel small, trapped, desolate, alone--so many words, so little time. I know that. Trust me, I do. But someday you will be King, Queen, (and anything in between) of the universe, you will breathe without it hurting and live without it burning like hot, gray guilt and regret in your stomach. Push it away. 

The people you love, appreciate them. The things you do, savor them. Your body is perfect, because it is yours, and I wouldn't change a thing.

There is more wonderfulness, and beauty, and purity, in this world then you could ever know. People live shallowly, they do not realize that the reason we live is purely just to live. We are here to see the things that have been put in front of us, and dig deeper, swim deeper, fly higher. The sky is not the limit, it is merely the beginning. Don't be afraid to take your time, or power through it, it doesn't matter. Don't hang onto times that worry you, things that stress you.

Hold onto the things you love, search for things you love. The little things that stress you are there for sure, but they are only there, and you do not have to hang onto them, I promise.

Think of all your dreams. They are real, they matter, just like you. Your memories are in the past, do not burden them on yourself, but hold them delicately and realize this:

You. Are. Alive.

And if you stay alive today, I swear with all of my heart, it will be worth it tomorrow.

Love,

Someone who's alive.

woahhitherepal wrote a review...

Hello, Ash here for a review (: .
A few things before i get into what i think.
"I will give you the world. I will wrap you in warm blankets and soft songs, I will thread you crowns of buttercups and morning glory's, and you will bathe in the moonlight until your skin glows and your smile turns radiant.
Okay, here i don't have MUCH to pick at. in the first sentence, i really think you should expand on the thought of giving the person the world. what about the world are you giving them? like for all i know you could be giving the bad parts of the world. (disclaimer: with the context of the rest of it i know that's not what you mean, but you could.) so if you expanded on that i think that would be absolutely stellar. ALSO! in the last sentence of this paragraph, i don't care for the way you worded "your smile turns radiant" i think that you could use the word "becomes" or "is" because the word "turns" just doesn't fit there to me.
" And no matter how much it can god**** hurt, you're doing it. You are strong, your heart pumps like no other."
I dont love the use of "god****" (i put asterisks so i don't get in trouble haha)here i think that a curse word does go there just not that one. that's all for that sentence.
"I will make you grow, grow until you drink the baby-blue of the never-ending sky, you drape your bare shoulders in the cottony white of the clouds like a blanket, and you will string the stars and the planets among your fingertips as your head skims the inky, velvet purple that surrounds us."
WOW ARE THERE A LOT OF COMMAS HERE.
Maybe put a period behind the word "grow" instead of a comma. Put a period after the word "sky". Then put a period after the word "blanket" and delete the word "and" then I think this paragraph will be set. I'm sorry I'm being nit-picky, this just felt a little run-on-y to me.
"You fit like a puzzle-piece into this strange, oddly beautiful universe, you are the mist that clings to your arms in the dusty gray-blue moments of the early morning, you are the sleepy purple that clings to twisted, bare trees during dusk."
Once again, i think that you were just a bit comma-heavy.
SO. Put a period after the word "universe". Put a period after the word "morning". I think thats all with this sentence.
"Run. Run faster then you've ever ran, and close your eyes, and feel that ache, that push, that triumphant feeling that will raise in your chest like tides on a beach. You are going somewhere, GETTING somewhere, always running. Gather these memories, hold them in your palm, breathe them in and feel them melt, warm and cold, sifting and clinging, alive in your hands."
OKAY, I JUST WANT TO POINT OUT THAT THIS LOWKEY SOUNDS LIKE A NIKE AD.
THATS ALL.
"The universe is a part of you, and you are here. There is so much to see, to smell, to learn and taste and be."
I've been picking on you for too many commas, but here, you didn't have enough.
this line should look more like this
"The universe is a part of you, and you are here. There is so much to see, to smell, to learn, to taste, and to be."
i added two commas and a took away one "and" if you were wondering.
"You are beautiful. You...you are the only you I've ever seen. You may feel small, trapped, desolate, alone--so many words, so little time. I know that. Trust me, I do. But someday you will be King, Queen, (and anything in between) of the universe, you will breathe without it hurting and live without it burning like hot, gray guilt and regret in your stomach. Push it away."
I have nothing other to say about this part besides the fact that it is so utterly beautiful. it is so amazingly written and worded and ahhhh good job.
OKAY IM DONE WITH THAT
Now what i think
HOLY HECC THIS IS SO GOOD
You're such a talented writer, and i genuinely think this is one of the best things you've ever written. there are a few things you could fix here and there, as in grammar and some wording issues but overall this is so amazing.
keep up the fantasitic writing!
I look forward to seeing more from you in the future (PLEASE TAG ME!!!!)
Best!
>Ash

StuckOnEarth says...

Hi Ash! THANK YOOOUUU. I'm glad you liked it.^^ (Yeah, as you can tell, run-on sentences have always been a problem of mine, so I hope to improve on that.)

maishaywca wrote a review...

Hey there!

You are an awesome writer. I like your style. I always thought this kind of writings are boring and need a lot of time to read. But I am amazed by your writing. Your words are wonderful though I was confused at some part. Nevermind.

I would like to hear more from you. Do you write novels? I will love to read them!

Keep it up!

~Maisha

StuckOnEarth says...

Hiya! I'm glad you like it! :D Yes, I do write novels, and I'm publishing a few chapters soon. Thanks!

123pinkrose wrote a review...

Wow, this is amazing. My only suggestion where you can improve is that there are some coma splice errors which is where commas are used to hold multiple complete sentences together. This can be fixed very easily just replace the commas with periods or semi colons whenever a comma holds two sentences together. But other than that this is really good. This really brightened my day so thanks.

StuckOnEarth says...

No problem.^^ I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for the advice!

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:36 am
LJF says...

My heart. Oh my goodness. Thank you so much. I've been reading a lot of your stuff lately, add I really like your style. Add me to your list!
-LJF

StuckOnEarth says...

Thank you! Will do.^^

Dragonier wrote a review...

Hi! This is Dragonier, Newie extraordinaire, here to leave a review.

Wow. Just wow. I thought, looking at it, that the lack of stanzas would make it annoying and hard to read, but I was hooked on every word. I got a bit confused with the flow because you seem to use commas and periods interchangeably(or maybe that's just me). But I could really feel a will to jump headfirst into life as I read this poem. I could almost imagine you were writing this to your child! It makes me excited to read your other work.

With true sincerity,
Dragonier

StuckOnEarth says...

Thanks! :D I'm glad you like it.

Dragonier says...

I really did! Lots of people have great work and it shows. But this is one of those special few that left my heart filled in a beautiful way and still reaching for more. It truly resonated with me and pulled my heartstrings. Amazing! Thanks so much for writing it!

StuckOnEarth says...

Wow...Thanks!!! That's the goal I was reaching for with this piece, and I'm (yet again) really glad I achieved that. ^^ Also, no problem. (I feel weird saying that--it's you who I should be thanking. XD)

lemonboi says...

<3

StuckOnEarth says...

<3

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.