z

Young Writers Society



You're Not Alone

by Stori


Dawning light, setting sun-
Saints and warriors, one by one
Fade into the past
Leaving shadows cold as stone.

We are only two-
Working miracles, me and you.
Soldiers of the truth
In this life we’re never alone


Step into today,
All impurities burn away.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 573
Reviews: 39

Donate
Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:56 pm
HHemayed says...



Amazing!I think it's perfect.Keep up the good work, I mean it!




User avatar


Points: 1040
Reviews: 4

Donate
Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:55 am
MyDaddyIsSuperman wrote a review...



Okay, first of all. I'm already singing this. It's very haunting for me, it feels as though a group of men are marching towards their death, all singing this haunting melody. Now, I will describe the image that comes to me when I sing (*cough*) I mean, read this piece.

Dawning light, setting sun-

Represents that time is present, however not stating how much time is passing. This leaves it up to the reader to interpret it as they see fit. I see it as a general description of time, as in, a very long lapse in time.

Saints and warriors, one by one
Fade into the past
Leaving shadows cold as stone.

Everyone dies, no matter what road they choose to encompass. Saints and warriors have very different morals or goals and yet, each one becomes one with the earth, becoming part of the past.

We are only two-
Working miracles, me and you.

Becomes first person point of view, allowing the readers to realize that this is realistic and takes place on a personal level. To me, this says that just by living and being here, people are a miracle because they are a living being. However, being only two, not in a literal sense, is that there can only be so much done. I believe this is making reference to the first stanza about being forgotten, becoming part of the past no matter how hard one may try.

Soldiers of the truth
In this life we’re never alone

However, human's must learn to accept that they are never alone because everyone dies and is eventually forgotten to some extent. It is a hard truth but a truth at that.

Step into today,
All impurities burn away.

Realize and live for today, forget about the past or the future.

Now, I know this is absolutely not what you meant when you wrote this but my mind always interprets things much differently. Beautiful piece anyways.

Much love,
Saye




User avatar
565 Reviews


Points: 1395
Reviews: 565

Donate
Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:17 pm
Stori says...



Thanks. It's an incomplete verse; I was hoping to get help with it.




User avatar
31 Reviews


Points: 1838
Reviews: 31

Donate
Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:52 pm
kjr5horses wrote a review...



This was very good! I enjoyed reading it. It flowed nicely and your rhythm was wonderful!

Keep up the good work and keep writing! You are are very good!


Dawning light, setting sun-
Saints and warriors, one by one
Fade into the past
Leaving shadows cold as stone.

We are only two-
Working miracles, me and you.
Soldiers of the truth
In this life we%u2019re never alone #0000BF ">Loved this stanza


Step into today,
All impurities burn away.
#FF0000 ">This one was my favorite but...the other ones have four maybe this one should too? Its up to you just thought it might look better ;)

~KJR~





The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest