z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Where Are They Now?-A Memorial To Tony Stark

by StarLord, EverLight


where is it now?

the eternal will to defend those we love?

where are they now?

the valient defenders of earth and humanity?

they are with us even now, waiting to be unleashed

at the snap of a finger, at the shed of a tear

a true hero within, revealed in sacrifice

Tony Stark, we love you 3000 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
224 Reviews


Points: 32152
Reviews: 224

Donate
Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:08 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham wrote a review...



Hi StarLord & EverLight,

I want to thank you guys for writing this poem! This is really something that should be appreciated.

Your really included everything in your poem from the blip to the the whole sacrifice. I really love it.

I'm a huge Marvel fan myself and I am happy I got to read this poem, it really made my day!

Love you 3000!

- Rinisha




User avatar
166 Reviews


Points: 9676
Reviews: 166

Donate
Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:09 pm
DreamyAlice says...



I am one of the huge marvel fans
This surely refreshed my memory of Tony Stark




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 212
Reviews: 6

Donate
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:17 pm
abachmann wrote a review...



Well did not expect to have my heart broken today, but what can you do right?
Huge Marvel Fan right here. This was so cute. I love how you incorporated what Mr.Stark is so recognizable for in,

"at the snap of a finger, at the shed of a tear"

and, of coarse,

"Tony Stark, we love you 3000"

One spelling error, but otherwise incredible!!

I love your writing 3000! Carry On!
-abachmann




User avatar


Points: 200
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:25 pm
LokiRagnarok says...



I an speechless. I don't have the words.




User avatar


Points: 159
Reviews: 2

Donate
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:15 pm
Kess wrote a review...



Hello! I love this so much; it's short and simple yet powerful. I'm a huge Marvel fan, and I feel like this really embodies most people’s feelings about Tony Stark and the impact the character had on everyone who watched the movies (or read the comics). “[A]t the snap of a finger, at the shed of a tear” and “a true hero within, revealed in sacrifice” are great lines. Both of you do a wonderful job of paying tribute to Marvel and weaving in your own creativity. Most odes to heroism tend to go overboard, but your poem is refreshing in its simplicity. Keep writing and kudos to both of you!

-Kess




User avatar
119 Reviews


Points: 10789
Reviews: 119

Donate
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:34 pm
Clairia wrote a review...



Hi! I'm Daughter, here to drop you and @EverLight a review.

I'm not a huge Marvel fan, but this piece stuck out to me. I don't see a whole lot of fan-based works on this site, and this is actually the first one I've found the time to read.
You should probably know that I've very little knowledge of the Marvel universe, which made it hard for me to evaluate this in a way in which I could critique you; especially since you seem to have made your work so simple and elegant. I applaud you for that. It can be pretty difficult to incorporate delicate description into such a small piece, but you've done it!

I also very much enjoyed what you wrote about Tony Stark. You really make him out to be the hero that he is, which I appreciated (despite not knowing too much about him). This line in particular:

a true hero within, revealed in sacrifice

This was just sweet. Heroism can be so difficult to achieve, especially in writing, but you make it out perfectly.

There are a couple of techincal issues I think it would be important to cover so you won't make them in the future!
the valient defenders...

You've made a spelling error here; instead of valient, you should have put valiant. That's just a simple mistake that can be easily fixed! I'd suggest you go back and do that.
Other than that, there isn't much else! I'd just note that your flow is a little bit chunky.

I hope you take what I've said into consideration!
-Daughter




User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 762
Reviews: 56

Donate
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:23 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...



This made me cry. I love it




StarLord says...


thanx! but this wasn't just me-it was EverLight as well.




Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat