z

Young Writers Society



Good & Evil

by SqueakieSilverShadow


This was the first poem I ever wrote (and it was for homework) so it's pretty short. It was inspired by "The School for Good and Evil". My teacher said it was the best poem she ever read that was a student's work. :)

Good and Evil,

On opposing sides.

One always wins,

The other dies.

It's been this way for 200 years.

In the end, all disappears.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
51 Reviews


Points: 67
Reviews: 51

Donate
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:11 pm
View Likes
ellasnotebook wrote a review...



Hello! I really enjoyed this little poem. It was short, sweet, and to the point. For a short poem, you did a good job with it! Congrats on writing your first poem! I hope you experiment and decide to write more. (:

I don't have much to criticize since it is so short. Nice work! Maybe try not capitalizing every word at the beginning of each line. For instance, the lines, "On opposing sides." and "The other dies"; "On" and "The" don't really have to be capitalized here. It's not that big of a deal, just some food for thought.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this poem. I hope you keep experimenting with poetry and trying new things. Keep writing!

ella




User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 3476
Reviews: 125

Donate
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:20 pm
View Likes
LakeOfCancer wrote a review...



I love this, it's so realistic, even if it's not in actual real life. My favorite line was "One always wins, The other dies." This was my favorite because it's true. The good always wins and the evil always gets pushed away and banished somewhere far away! As far as I can tell, there are no grammatical errors, and it's really good! I think you should continue asking these sort of poems, they're really good! I think your teacher was right, this is the best poem I've ever read! Keep up the fantastical work!

*Walks away from computer for the third time, walking through the entire house*

WHERE ARE YOU? WHY WON'T YOU COME OUT!!!???? DID YOU LEAVE!!!!?????

*Sighs inwardly*

*Walks back to computer and sits down, tears clouding vision*

Well, you did a great job, I think you should keep doing this! Have fun here on YWS! Merry YWSmas!




User avatar
206 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 206

Donate
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:04 pm
View Likes
DeerInBacPac wrote a review...



Hello, E.E here for a possibly quick review and maybe some utter nonsense! Grim is here as well, drinking hot cocoa and being a slacker. *Grim looks over, glaring* So, lets get started. :P

To start off this review, the first thing I noticed is that well, nothing! It flowed very well and I think you had no grammar mistakes at all! I'm not the best with grammar... Anywho time for the meaning!

So, the meaing. In this poem, what you sre trying to tell us, the readers, is that WAIT I JUST READ THE AUTHORS NOT I LOVE THAT BOOK SERIES SO MUCH. So, I guess I don't need to explain the poem.

Overall, I liked the poem and keep up the good work! Happy Thanks- WAIT, MERRY CHRISTMAS, I CAN SAY THAT NOW! OR HAPPY HANUKA! I really need to go now Grim has souls to reap and he needs more cocoa. He has a problem, seriously. Cheerio and fruit loops to you!





The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.