z

Young Writers Society


12+ Violence

Anxiety.

by Spilledink


Blinding, burning, slicing.

I see everything, hear everything.

Foggy, dark, caught in a haze.

It cuts like a knife on flesh,

Burns like live coal on the skin

Blinds like a haze over my eyes.

Can't describe, can't speak, just feeling it.

I want to move but I'm frozen

I want to speak, but my lips are sewed shut.

Want to get away, away from this crowd.

All eyes on me, all bodies turned towards me.

I'm just a lifeless shape that burns, burns, burns.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
415 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 415

Donate
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:21 am
View Likes
Eros wrote a review...



Was reading your poem, "worriers," and this column at the right side caught my attention, and I felt like reading this one out.

And after reading I felt like leaving behind a review for this beautiful poem... This might be your first poem in YWS because the date of your joining YWS and the date of publishing this poem is saaame.

And I must say, it is awesome. It has a smooth flow of feelings. The pattern of thoughts is amazing.
Like, first describing the effect--- the whole feeling, that complete emotion in JUST one word. Like in the lines,

"Blinding, burning, slicing.

I see everything, hear everything.

Foggy, dark, caught in a haze."
It's awesome. This gives the poem a type of rythm and beat.

Then the examples are like... It's exactly that kind of feeling which one gets in reality: talking about "Burning coal on skin and haze over the eyes" thing.

I want to move but I am frozen... HAPPENS, dude, Happens!! Want to speak, but lips sewed ... Everything describes the exact feeling.
Last line is beautifully. Lifeless shape, burns burns burns.
Use of burns thrice again adds to the rythmic pattern and adds emphasis on the feelings.

It's a wonderful poem.

Keep writing and we would love to keep reading and reviewing them!

Have a great day / night!

With love,
Eros.
:D




Spilledink says...


Thank you so much! :)



Random avatar

Points: 50
Reviews: 1

Donate
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:51 am
View Likes
mazerette says...



I understand the fog and daze so much. This seems like something I've written before. Really good imagery, and use of descriptive language. I hope your anxiety is not too bad.




Random avatar

Points: 3566
Reviews: 223

Donate
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:54 pm
View Likes
Mathy wrote a review...



Hey there! It's ZeldaIsShiek here to review another quintessential piece of literature that made my day and win this Review Day by helping the Red Pandas stay in first place and reaching my goal of 80 reviews. I might even get to 100, if I work hard enough. I am really excited to review this amazing piece of art that you have created, and maybe add some witty humor as well. Anyway, that's enough idle chatter from me. Let's get into the review.

Italicized = My interpretation of the line
Bolded = Spelling mistake
Strikethrough = Remove
Underline = Add imagery/descriptive words

Spoiler! :
Blinding, burning, slicing.

I see everything, hear everything.

Foggy, dark, caught in a haze.
Anxiety can be blinding and make everything seem worse than it is.
It cuts like a knife on flesh,
This could be a reference to cutting oneself in order to get rid of anxiety.
Burns like live coal on the skin

Blinds like a haze over my eyes.

Can't describe, can't speak, just feeling it.
You are so anxious that you can't even explain how you feel.
I want to move but I'm frozen

I want to speak, but my lips are sewed shut.

Want to get away, away from this crowd.
You are too anxious to speak in public and you are getting agoraphobic from your own paranoia.
All eyes on me, all bodies turned towards me.
Anxiety can feel like everyone is watching you.
I'm just a lifeless shape that burns, burns, burns.




User avatar
31 Reviews


Points: 48
Reviews: 31

Donate
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:04 am
View Likes
DeathBecomesHer wrote a review...



Hello! welcome to YWS! first of all id like to say that this was really good. it really embodies what an anxiety attack feels like to some people and I applaud you on that. The imagery is astounding and really freaking good. I could picture everything perfectly in my head.

Id also like to say that I would probably show this to someone if they asked what an anxiety attack is like. A lot of people mix anxiety attacks in with panic attacks and it gets confusing on what your writing about. then again, anxiety is different for everyone. I really think this gives an outside eye perspective about what its like to experience one.

Keep writing my dude! I look forward to seeing more of your work on here.




User avatar
206 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 206

Donate
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:47 pm
View Likes
DeerInBacPac wrote a review...



Hello, E.E here for a possibly quick review and maybe some utter nonsense! Grim is here as well, drinking hot cocoa and being a slacker. *Grim looks over, glaring* So, lets get started. :smt020 :smt015

So, the first thing that I notice when reading your poem, is that, well, nothing! The grammar was good, the spelling a-o-k and the flow was perfect! Congrats on that! My favorite line would have to be "I want to speak, but my lips are sewed shut." And to be honest, I feel like this sometimes. I wanna talk but I just simply can't.

I loved this work and in the future, please tag me!

Overall, I liked the poem and keep up the good work! So, happy Valentines Day ! I really need to go now, Grim has souls to reap and he needs more cocoa. He has a problem, seriously. Annnd I think he brought a dinosaur to life. Great. Anyways, Cheerio and fruit loops to you!




User avatar
62 Reviews


Points: 20
Reviews: 62

Donate
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:05 pm
View Likes
CorruptedArrow wrote a review...



Hey Corrupted Arrow here with a review!
(The Comma Police is here! Anything I say here is just constructive criticism. If i offend you I apologize in advance.(I will try to be humorous.)

I am a child of severe anxiety. I understand this completely! Not many people deal with, it's hard to work and be around.

From what I can see you don't have any grammar and/or comma mistakes. Keep up the writing, have a good day.




Spilledink says...


Thank you. :)





You are welcome!




how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42