z

Young Writers Society



Hyoka Clash

by Soulkana


"The Radian Family has reached their decision." I hear one of the council speak up in front of us.

I nervously peer at the woman with an attempt to ignore the hundreds of eyes peering at my twin and I like we had done something wrong. My hand rests on the hilt of my sword in a calming hope but the words that came next horrified me.

"There can only be one master of a sword. Both of you must fight." A man states, unfeeling eyes watching the two of us as we stand in the center, my twin whimpers at the words and my hope shatters.

Their cold eyes burn themselves into my mind. I twist around to find more of their glances before begging, my eyes wide, "Why can't I just surrender my Hyoka?" Anything, anything would be better than to fight my twin whose fearful eyes breaks my heart.

"There can not be two people who wield the same soul sword. It goes against the very law from which we are created." Several of the commanders snap at us, voices uncaring.

"But can't there be a way?" I press desperately, clutching the hilt of my Hyoka tightly.

"You must fight to the death. It is the law." They shout irritably.

"You must obey."

"Fight!"

"There is no other choice, no other path to follow."

"Brother, why?" Her whisper stops my heart and I look away, jaw clenched shut tight. How? How do I explain what we both didn't understand? What could be so wrong with this, we didn't ask for it! My heart burns with rage and hurt as their words grow louder and louder. Fight. Obey.

"Please, there has to be a way!" Shira cries, her own hand clutching her Hyoka tightly. I knew without looking that her hand is trembling.

"The winner will be the master of Hyoka." The man presses on, daring the two of us to refuse. Shira stares at him this time in anger.

"I won't! We gave our lives to mastering the Soulkanr. Why is it wrong?" She shrieks, red rimmed eyes narrow in rage and soon I find myself echoing her words.

"Silence! You must fight or we'll kill you both!" A member of the Radian family growls and prepares to draw her own Soulkanr.

Shira eyes her warily before turning to face me. Tears in both our eyes I unwillingly draw my Hyoka as she rushes forward. Blocking the blow for my head, I whisper, "I'm sorry, Shira."

She doesn't speak only smiles sadly as we fight. I knew that I am stronger but she had speed. With a small smile back, I lunge and flinch when my sword cuts the flesh of her cheek. Her hand slams into my chest before I could think pain clouds my head. Dazed, I look down to spot a large cut from my shoulder to my side and suck in a deep breath.

"Hyoka Dance One: Taiz." We both shout, swords held so the tip points towrd the celing. Her eyes bore into mine and I hold my ground despite the fear crawling in my mind.

Electricity shoots from both and I quickly dodge when I hear a loud thump. Turning to find Shira on the ground, I run forward, not listening as the council congradulates me for the win. It would never be a win to me and as I check her pulse I feel a grin stretch on my face. Yes, they would never know the true power of Hyoka. Satisfied, I stand up and carry Shira away, refusing to look at them when I leave.

They could never keep Shira away from Hyoka. I glance down as Shira opens her eyes and smile when she whispers, "Did they fall for it?"

I nod. Her eyes warm up while she whispers, "I'll always love you, Koda." Slowly she begins to fade, her Hyoka glowing white as I carefully place it on my back. She would never leave me again.

"I know."


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 186 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
116 Reviews


Points: 5240
Reviews: 116

Donate
Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 am
RoseTulipLily wrote a review...



Greetings! Clearly, I am extremely late to this story, but I still wanted to review this.

'A man states, unfeeling eyes watching the two of us as we stand in the center, my twin whimpers at the words and my hope shatters.' I think this would be better off as two separate sentences such as 'A man states, unfeeling eyes watching the two of us as we stand in the center. My twin whimpers at the words and my hope shatters.'

It should be Anything, anything would be better than to fight my twin whose fearful eyes *break* my heart.

Other than that, I have no criticism. I liked this story and the bond between the twins was very touching




User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 3435
Reviews: 125

Donate
Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:15 pm
PixieStix says...



Awww....At the end I was crying. Lol. It was amazing <3





I should infinitely prefer a book.
— Mary Bennet, Pride and Prejudice