z

Young Writers Society



Man in Blue

by SolisCookies


deleted


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 49

Donate
Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:18 pm
SolisCookies says...



okay, lol:

Zzap: I don't know if he's a "Handsome" man in blue, but I'll leave that to the reader's imagination... Lol....

bubblewrapped: I see what you mean, I think I will change that... =)

Crysi: Thanks a lot for noticing the colors. I wondered if anyone noticed why I put the colors....

Thanks for taking your time to view it, everyone!!!




User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 10087
Reviews: 701

Donate
Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:16 am
bubblewrapped wrote a review...



I adore it. Seriously. Dont ask me why, since I have a feeling the real meaning just blew right past me (Yep, there he goes...) but I felt the rhythm, the pacing...everything was precisely the way it should be. I didnt think it was too long at all. Only one critique, really, and that is, I think "flooring" should be "floor" in the 3rd stanza. Otherwise, awesome. I'm gonna bookmark this one.




User avatar
594 Reviews


Points: 6831
Reviews: 594

Donate
Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:05 am
Crysi says...



Wow.

When I clicked on this, Z was the last to post on it and I seriously thought it was another story of his.

Anyway.

Personally, I liked the colors. It was the story that got a little confusing to me.




User avatar
51 Reviews


Points: 563
Reviews: 51

Donate
Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:21 am
ZZAP says...



That would be the 'HANDSOME man in blue' right? *wink*

These colors are too distracting to me, just make it all the same color...

~Z




User avatar
321 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 321

Donate
Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:00 am
Liz wrote a review...



True, but if the reader has a feeling that the poem is dragging on, it definitely detracts from the overall meaning that you want them to get out of the poem. Make every word count, it's okay to condense. In fact, that's often better. I really like your concept, and it's reasonably well-executed, but definitely try to condense it.
I agree with Chevy about the colours, they distract the reader a bit from the point of the poem.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 49

Donate
Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:40 pm
SolisCookies says...



I like the colors and the way they stand out.

If i were to cut everything that came after the third stanza it would be unfinished, and there is no poem worse than an unfinished one. Just think of it as one of those you just have to read against your will to understand.




User avatar
665 Reviews


Points: 6165
Reviews: 665

Donate
Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:20 pm
Chevy wrote a review...



I have to be honest, I was loving it (even though the colors were hurting my eyes) until the third stanza. Perhaps all that that came after it wasn't necessary. I was just like "yeah yeah yeah" until I got to the very end I thought, "Oh, what a nice way to end the poem."

And about the colors....just don't do that next time.





History repeats itself. First as tragedy, second as farce.
— Karl Marx