Deleted

by SnowGhost

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:43 am
CreativelyWritten wrote a review...

At first, I wasn't sure what I was reading. Except as I went on I could tell. But that wasn't your fault, I'm just not very good at reading poetry unless it's a rhyming one. It brought to mind a scene in Les Miserables actually - the one where Jean Valjean is singing in the church asking if there's another way to go. That is if you've seen the movie. It's simple and straight to the point and very emotional. Congrats!

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:06 am
IvoryRose says...

Hey Snowmonkey IvoryRose here for a review. I love the religious ties to the poem. I’ve been working on a story in which the main character is fearing judgement day for their sins. The use of envy was also very powerful. By repeating it you show that the prisoner still is sinning. He may regret whatever he did, but still can’t resist sin. The last line was perfect. It’s now that the prisoner learns his fate that he begins to beg God for forgiveness. Maybe you could’ve gone more in depth with the heaven and hell symbolism, but I thought you did a perfect job. :)

SnowGhost says...

Thank you :)

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:05 am
IvoryRose wrote a review...

Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:04 am
LadyOkra wrote a review...

I think this an absolutely fantastic poem. I could feel the sadness and the regret that the prisoner felt right before he was put to death.

A second chance had never before occured to me.

I think the fear of death is what brought out this regret in him, which is saddening. For I'm not sure if I pity the prisoner or the man who is being put to death.

On a side note, the spelling of occurred is incorrect.

At the time of judgment, where will I be sent? Leaded by the devil.

Although poetry is hard to correct since it does not follow any rules, I would still like to point out that "leaded" is incorrect and should be "led" instead.

There are some lines that stood out to me:

At the time of my death another will be born.

Will they be a better person than I?

Regret for not living a better life, envy for those who have.

All in all, I think you have done a great job. This is a beautiful poem. Write more! :)

Cheers.

SnowGhost says...

Thanks. I'll fix those few things you pointed out :)

SnowGhost says...

Oh and my phone glitched out so putting leaded instead of led was accidental

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl