Once again- Chapter one.

by Smexaykk01

PLEASE READ THE PROLOGUE! OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE FIRST CHAPTER!!!

I placed my chin on my palm of my hand and my elbow on the old wooden school desk, I was trying to block out Ms. Drawbridge go on and on about how poetry is supposed to make you feel. I really don’t get this because right now we are supposed to be studying math… weird isn’t it? I looked around the class, seeing Jimmy Naughton smile at me then letting his drool flow over his bottom lip. Ew, he embarrassingly wiped the spit off his chin and the school desk. I gave him a small smile and went back to setting my eyes on the clock. It was 2:00 pm just five more minutes and school is over for the summer, I smiled at the thought. I wonder what mum is doing, since she doesn’t need a job because of dad’s new job she probably is baking or on the phone. Our new house is nice, it’s not fancy but it’s not crap either.

“Halia, Can you please answer the question?” the ringing voice of the teacher came into the picture.

“Um, sorry Miss but can you please the question?” I asked. Crap I should stop day dreaming during class, I could get a letter back to mum and dad.

“I said, what is thirty six divided by six is?”

“Um, six?” I answered her, why the hell would she ask me that? I’m sixteen, not eleven.

“Good job!” she clapped twice “You get a gold star to your name!”

There must be something awfully wrong with this chicks brain, or maybe she works backwards… what if I was in first grade she would teach us geometry or something hard at least. I looked at my best friend Sophie Callaway at the other end of the room. She was really pretty, light brown curly hair and the bluest eyes you will ever see, it sort of reminded me of Seth… I would never forget his eyes. I gave a little signal cough and she glanced my way, I directed my action to the teacher and I twirled my index finger around my head. She giggled so loud that the teacher turned around and spied the class. Sophie clapped her hand to her mouth and slid down on her seat so that she was less noticeable.

The bell rang; everyone jumped off their seat and gave a little cheer.

“Right everyone, see you all next year I hope and keep out of trouble” Miss Drawbridge called while the peppy teens were exiting the room. Once I got to the hall I couldn’t see Sophie so I just went to my locker emptied out all of my stuff into my bag and left for the girl’s bathroom Sophie will probably be there already fixing up her hair for the seniors. I pushed the swing door open to head into the bathrooms but when I got in there Sophie wasn’t. I looked around and as I was about to leave, Cassidy came in.

“Hey Halia, looking for Sophie?” she asked. She walked over to the mirror and started to twirl a piece of her hair on her finger in front of the mirror. She wore torn jeans, a blue tank-top and some black flats. Her hair was let down to show off her new blonde highlights in her brown hair. She looked over at me with her dark eyes.

“Yeah, you know where she is?” I asked now leaning against a wall.

“Yup, she’s waiting for you in the front of the building” She said simply.

“Okay, thanks Cassidy. Have a nice summer” I pushed my way out of the bathroom and back into the hall…which was now empty. I jogged to the front door and just while I was there I saw my reflection in the glass window. My very light brown/blonde har was tied up in a bun and my side fringe was let down. I had the same deep green eyes as my mum, and well, I guess I get my dimples from dad. I pulled open the door and that when I saw Sophie there with Oliver by her side. Oliver was one of my best friends; he had scruffy dark brown hair and green/blue eyes. He was way taller than me and his mussels were like rocks.

“Look who finally comes out!” he called while a walked towards them.

“Excuse me, but I was looking for Sophie” I called back, I had just reached them.

“Admit it, you just can’t say good-bye” Sophie touched her hand to her heart in a spiteful gesture. I gave her a playful push and looked toward the school.

Later St. Lilly high school! There was a vibration coming from my back pocket, I flicked open my phone and I was being called my mum.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Halia! You will never guess who’s here!” she screamed in excitement.

“Uhh, the mail man?” I asked

“No silly, come home now! It’s a big surprise!” she giggled.

“Okay mum, don’t have a heart attack. I’ll be there soon,”

I slapped the phone shut and said.

“Mums gotta end of the year surprise,” I pointed back to my house “I’ll call you guys later,”

“Okay, have a nice time” Soph giggled, I waved to Olli and her and started walking home.

I had been walking for five minutes, the little stones on the sidewalk were starting to make my feet hurt but only because I was wearing very flat black boots over my skinny jeans. But I could see my house from here. My little cute house was red and the porch was white, it was two stories and my bedroom was up stairs. By now I had reached the driveway, there were two car parked there, my mum’s… and someone else’s. I kept on walking till saw the porch, or who was on the porch. Mum and…

“Seth?”

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:56 am
Auteur wrote a review...

Smexaykk01 wrote:#FF0000 ">PLEASE READ THE PROLOGUE! OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE FIRST CHAPTER!!! Why don't you put in a link to the prologue? Some people are pretty lazy and wbf going to find it haha.

I placed my chin on my palm of my hand and my elbow on the old wooden school desk, I was trying to block out Ms. Drawbridge go on and on about how poetry is supposed to make you feel. I really don’t get this because right now we are supposed to be studying math… weird isn’t it? Can you explain without too much detail as to why the teacher is discussing poetry during maths?I looked around the class, seeing Jimmy Naughton smile at me then letting his drool flow over his bottom lip. Ew, he embarrassingly wiped the spit off his chin and the school desk. I gave him a small smile and went back to setting my eyes on the clock. It was 2:00 pm just five more minutes and school is over for the summer, I smiled at the thought. I wonder what mum is doing, since she doesn’t need a job because of dad’s new job she probably is baking or on the phone. Our new house is nice, it’s not fancy but it’s not crap either.
“Um, sorry Miss but can you please repeat?the question?” I asked. Crap I should stop day dreaming during class, I could get a letter back to mum and dad.
“Um, six?” I answered her,Make this a full stop then begin a new sentence for a new action/thought. why the hell would she ask me that? I’m sixteen, not eleven.
“Good job!” she clapped twice, “You get a gold star to your name!”
There must be something awfully wrong with this chicks brain, or maybe she works backwards… what if I was in first grade she would teach us geometry or something hard at least. I looked at my best friend Sophie Callaway at the other end of the room. She was really pretty, light brown curly hair and the bluestOnce you get to college, they will teach you suffixes/prefixes in English. You need a prefix here, I think o.O So 'most blue' instead of 'bluest'. eyes you will ever see, it sort of reminded me of Seth… I would never forget his eyes. I gave a little signal cough and she glanced my way, I directed my action to the teacher and I twirled my index finger around my head. She giggled so loud that the teacher turned around and spied the class. Sophie clapped her hand to her mouth and slid down on her seat so that she was less noticeable.
“Okay, thanks Cassidy. Have a nice summer” I pushed my way out of the bathroom and back into the hall…which was now empty. I jogged to the front door and just while I was there I saw my reflection in the glass window. My very light brown/blonde har was tied up in a bun and my side fringe was let down. I had the same deep green eyes as my mum, and well, I guess I get my dimples from dad. I pulled open the door and that when I saw Sophie there with Oliver by her side. Oliver was one of my best friends; he had scruffy dark brown hair and green/blue eyes. He was way taller than me and his musselsmuscles, mussels are food haha XD were like rocks.
“Hello?” I answered.
“Uhh, the mail man?” I asked
I slapped the phone shut and said.

“Seth?”
Good ending Kayla (:

Wooh! Okay, so that was a cool first chapter. You've got some major editing to do, though. Like spelling, and punctuation. There's heaps of commas that you are missing. Add a comma in after a sentence like this:

"Hi," She said. (Instead of "Hi" she said.) Even if you're going to put in an action after that. Hmm yes...pretty much it's just editing you need to work on. But great work anyways, bye!

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:59 am
Smexaykk01 says...

mylifemypain wrote: also have a few misspelled words and in my mind I would spell "mum" as mom.

Sorry but I am a proud kiwi (New Zealand) girl and that is how we spell mum.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:20 am
whatevr says...

Also Mylifemypain, Kayla is from NewZealand, like me. We spell Mom as Mum. lol

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:18 am
whatevr wrote a review...

Hi, Biffle here to review.

I really like this story (and thanks for putting me in there xD) But there are some litlle bits where it swaps tense. As a meany, i'll make you find them. also some spelling mistakes, and again, some bits dont make sense to me. You obviously love to describe people, but do it in a more subtle fashion. Also, you cheeky 'lil writer, I noticed that your MC saw herself in a glass reflection, just like in Chapter 1 of your other story 'Infected'. Hehe, thats quite interesting. anyways. Keep writing....

Olli! xD

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:00 am
mylifemypain wrote a review...

Hello I'm Cassie and I'm going to Review your story. (I did read the prologue)

I will try to make this short.

"I wonder what mum is doing, since she doesn’t need a job because of dad’s new job she probably is baking or on the phone." This seems to me as a little bit of a run on sentence and I would put a period after "dad's new job" and then write "She is probably" after. It would make a bit more sense.

"Our new house is nice, it’s not fancy but it’s not crap either." There should be a comma before the but in this sentence.

You have her say: “Um, sorry Miss but can you please the question?” When it should be: Um, sorry Miss can you please repeat the question?

"what if I was in first grade she would teach us geometry or something hard at least." I do not understand this sentence or what it has to do with the story.

You also have a few misspelled words and in my mind I would spell "mum" as mom.

I hope this helped you out a bit. I really liked your story and hope you keep on writing.

Nike wrote a review...

Hi I'm Nike! I'm here to review your story today!
Okay, I like it alot, but you have made some spelling and grammer errors.
What didn't atract to me was the very first sentence.
"I placed my chin on my palm of my hand and my elbow on the old wooden school desk, I was trying to block out Ms. Drawbridge go on and on about how poetry is supposed to make you feel. I really don’t get this because right now we are supposed to be studying math… weird isn’t it?"
It was too descriptive "I placed my chin on my palm of my hand..."
1.) it should be "I place my chin on THE palm of my hand..."
2.) It's too decriptive, you don't need that part at all. Make it sound less decriptive so it can be interesting.

You sometimes missed out words so always re-read your post before posting it or else you will be getting lots of these kinds of replys. I bet you want different replys that don't rely on spelling/missing words/or grammer issues!
All in all, I liked it, I enjoyed the ending! -Mum and... "Seth?"-

Great Job! Nike :)

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief