z

Young Writers Society



Haiku: Insanity

by Skye


Cool and refreshing
As a smooth, cold spring in June,
Insanity reigns.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
163 Reviews


Points: 5016
Reviews: 163

Donate
Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:53 am
Mysticalxx says...



Nice haiku! When I first read the second line, I thought you were referring to the spring SEASON, but then I got it! :D So, you've made good usage of vocabulary, and the syllable count is right! Insanity does reign. :D

Keep it up! Write more haiku! Fun fact: The plural of haiku IS haiku. :P

Mysticalxx




User avatar
161 Reviews


Points: 3485
Reviews: 161

Donate
Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:57 pm
Sassafras wrote a review...



Hello, Skye!

Wow, this is the first haiku I've seen today that is an actual, proper haiku. Congratulations, dear. What I love about this is the message that it's sending across. Insanity isn't always as chaotic as people sometimes like to assume. Sometimes, insanity is calm and more of a slow and sweet coercion than a violent, chaotic possession.

Insanity reigns.


There's an abrupt tonal shift here which makes this haiku great.

Simply, I really like this. You did a great job with this haiku, Skye.

-ReiseP




User avatar
193 Reviews


Points: 408
Reviews: 193

Donate
Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:24 pm
Niraco wrote a review...



I have just started reading Haikus and have noticed that they seem very hard to pull off. I must say you are managed to do so.

Cool and refreshing
As a smooth, cold spring in June,
Insanity reigns.


I had to read this a few times in order to fully understand but it was still enjoyable. I felt that the subject matter was slightly confusing as the first two lines were in contrast with the ending. All in all I really enjoyed this haiku and felt that it was very unique and unusual. Great job and happy writing!




User avatar
594 Reviews


Points: 6831
Reviews: 594

Donate
Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:02 am
View Likes
Crysi wrote a review...



Yay! I'm a huge fan of haikus, as they are difficult to pull off well. Plus, they're so much fun to write! :)

Anyway, I just have one TINY suggestion. Maybe instead of the comma at the end of the second line, you could put a dash, since the last line seems like more of the complete thought instead of a continuation of the previous lines.

Overall, lovely picture! Well done. :) And you managed to fit the traditional usage of nature into it, along with a not-so-traditional observation. I like it a lot.




User avatar
368 Reviews


Points: 1125
Reviews: 368

Donate
Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:31 am
Shine says...



Well done!




User avatar
614 Reviews


Points: 1106
Reviews: 614

Donate
Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:57 pm
View Likes
Swires says...



Nice work - haiku's have limitations and you did your best considering the Haiku limits.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 17

Donate
Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:49 pm
View Likes
looby-lou says...



Loved it. End.

x frm lucy




User avatar
665 Reviews


Points: 6165
Reviews: 665

Donate
Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:14 am
View Likes
Chevy wrote a review...



this poem was short, quick, easy-going and i liked it...the words flew together well and the shortness of it was excellent considering that you explained all that was necessary to be explained/conveyed in just those three lines. but hey, sometimes that's all you need is that three lines.
anyway, good job...short poems rule.





A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden