When the elderly rebel

by Sins

Now this is what I call random. I was on a road trip and I got seriously bored, I mean seriously bored. I was suffering from lack of imagination and interest at the time.! :wink:

"Bye darlings!" Grannie Smith called as she watched her two grandchildren skip down her pathway.

"Bye grandma!" They called back, smiling happily.

As she watched the children step into the car, Grannie Smith sighed. She turned around and headed into her small, one bedroom house. She stepped into the hallway and closed the door quietly behind her. Grannie Smith slowly made her way into her living room and after a while she finally entered the room. She did the same as she did every day, she sat carefully on her flower print armchair. Grannie Smith sighed for the second time as she sat down. She remembered what life used to be like before she was so old and slow. She did everything slowly now, she walked slowly, she ate slowly, she was even slow when it came to finger knitting. Grannie Smith remembered going out every night with her girlfriends, going shopping almost every Saturday but the thing she remembered, and missed, the most was riding on her motorbike. She remembered the indescribable feeling of the wind thrashing through her perfect blond hair, the feeling of freedom she felt as she rode along the empty roads of the beautiful countryside. But the only similar feeling she got now was when she was watching family fortunes on sky one. She really did love that show. Grannie Smith got back up out of her armchair, slowly of course, and headed into her hallway. As she passed the mirror she stared. She stared at her plain, snow white hair, the wrinkles that almost looked like a jigsaw puzzle which were imprinted along her face and her chocolate brown eyes which were now staring back at her with sadness. Grannie Smith remembered her motorbike once again. The freedom, the fresh air, the laughter, the boys and sometimes even the girls that would follow her around everywhere. Grannie Smith suddenly made a decision, the quickest thing she had done for over ten years.

Grannie Bartlett was sitting on her dark leather sofa watching family fortunes, of course, when she heard the doorbell eagerly ring. She got up off the sofa as quickly as she could, which wasn't very fast, and made her way towards the front door of her house. When she finally reached the door she undid all of the three locks that she had had installed in case of burglars. As she opened the door her eyes also opened, widely. Standing on her porch was Grannie Smith. She was wearing a jet-black leather jacket with a matching pair of leather trousers, a pair of chunky black boots, that looked even bigger on Grannie Smith's feet because hers were so small and a pair of dark sunglasses. The sunglasses weren't covering her brown beady eyes, they were rested neatly on her newly dyed, bleach blond hair. Grannie Bartlett looked behind Grannie Smith and saw the most magnificent motorbike, gleaming proudly in the sunlight. After it had all sunk in, Grannie Bartlett smiled. She was speechless.

"Fancy a ride?" Grannie Smith winked.

"Is Alyson with you?" Grannie Bartlett asked after overcoming her shock.

"We're visiting her next." Grannie Smith answered. "Do you know what to do?"

"Oh yea!" She answered excitedly.

Grannie Bartlett more or less sprinted down her hallway and into her bedroom. She rummaged excitedly through her wardrobe until she came across a leather jacket matching Grannie Smith's. On the back of the jackets it read HB Bikers which stood for HollyBush bikers.

"Hope it still fits!" Grannie Bartlett smiled.

She then ran back into her bedroom. After ten minutes she hurriedly left her bedroom and entered the en suite bathroom. She smiled as she looked into the grand mirror that hung on the wall.

"Here we go!" She said excitedly.

Grannie Parker flicked the switch of her silver kettle. It immediately began boiling, a little to quickly for Grannie Parker. "Shit!" She yelped as steam shot up onto her surprised face. All of a sudden she heard loud music that was being played a little to loudly for Grannie Parker. "Stupid kids." She mumbled, rolling her green eyes. She sighed as she stared out of her kitchen window. She noticed a small gray squirrel running along her fence. As she looked at it the squirrel looked back at her almost as though it were smiling. Grannie Parker's small cat like eyes stared at it's big, brown eyes and it had the most adorable, incredibly fluffy tail. It looked so fragile and innocent as it stared back at the elderly woman. It lifted it's small paw at her. Grannie Parker sighed heavily once again.

"Ugly bastard!" She sniffed before shutting the blinds on her window.

The music had gotten even louder now. She was about to go outside to give the annoying kids a piece of her mind, but before the old, and slightly aggressive, woman could do anything else she heard the doorbell ring rather excitedly. She groaned, gritted her worn out teeth and turned to head towards her front door.

"It better not be one of those Jehovah's bloody witnesses!" She muttered under her breath.

The doorbell rang again, even more excitedly this time.

"Calm down, I ain't a cheetah!" She shouted rather angrily.

Grannie Parker opened her front door and was silenced for the first time in her life. Standing in front of her was Grannie Bartlett and Grannie Smith. They both wore matching leather outfits. Both women looked incredible. Okay, Grannie Bartlett's leather trousers were a tad bit to tight and her newly dyed red hair had gone a bit too red. Grannie Smith's sunglasses may have made her look like some kind of bug but they still looked incredible. Stood behind the women was now two magnificent bikes. Neither Grannie Bartlett or Grannie Smith had to say anything, Grannie Parker simply ran into her spare room. She swung the wooden doors of her wardrobe open and searched through her clothes. After five minutes she eventually found a slightly worn leather jacket, in-scripted HB Bikers, with a matching pair of leather trousers. She got out her enormous ankle boots and her old black and white bandanna. Grannie Parker got changed as quickly as she could into her leather outfit and afterwards entered her bathroom. She reached for the small wooden cabinet that hung above her sink and opened the cabinets door. Grannie Parker took out a white, square box with the words hair dye on the label. I'm sure you know what happened next.

Grannie Smith, Grannie Parker, with her new shiny chestnut hair, and Grannie Bartlett sped down the road on their glistening motorbikes playing Frank Sinatra as loudly as the volume of their motorbike radios would go. All three women laughed and sang along to 'I did it my way' as they harassed the locals. After they had finished that, they headed to their favourite club which was underneath the towns local bingo castle. The three women partied all night long without a care in the world. That was the best night they had had in a long, long while. From that day onwards the HB Bikers were known as HollyBush towns local rebels. They would play their music loudly, harass the local teenagers and sometimes if they were really daring they would ditch going to their finger knitting class which was held every Thursday evening. If you are ever to visit HollyBush town you must not go alone otherwise you will be harassed and it is strongly advised not to go out late at night alone. So remember, the next time you visit your grandmother you must treat her with respect, love and care otherwise they may rebel in the strangest way possible, and you don't want that now do you? :wink:

I am just curious-have I ever been on the bottom quote-thingy?
— foxmaster