an-'IR-REGULAR'-Experiance-to-remember-for-Rainy-Nights

by ScrewScript47

There is no-known way known to me on how I should evaluate what I am about to pen; my only will and aim is to publicly present a repetition of an unanswerable occurring, which I am bound to experience each night.

From start, I was noted for being extremely and meaninglessly bipolar; my transferring emotion sometimes became aggressive and that is why for which I had to pay at my young years. This particular, ‘flow of emotion’ character had developed in each stages of my growth and presently in my manhood. And as fate had decided; on that one particular night, my aggressive character took control over my soul, and for some unknown reason: I was towards the front seat of my car, and before I had realized my current motion; I had got in my car and thus was driving towards a construction-site near central road, in the streets of Dhaka city. The night clouds had rolled onto the full moon as matter of time kept passing; I could hear the breeze of the approaching storm, as well as the sound of my aggression rising. Angrily, I had pressured the accelerator, and surely I was burning the engine oil. (As earlier mentioned) fate had presented itself, as in a flash I had encountered (and ran over!) a shadow figure in-front of me. Rusty-ly, the car brake was pushed, and I finally felt my neurons gathering some presense of mind. It was ‘She’ lying there dead pale, pale enough to indicate that her soul was here no-more! I was trying hard, but barely I could’ve stayed still; I was blaming my ‘Aggressive Character’ (which possessed me) for crushing the spine of poor her and bursting and squeezing the blood out of her beautiful wedding dress. My mind became deaf, until my ‘flow of emotion’ took an opposite toll, and (losing my presense of mind again) I had gone home; leaving her.

The following day had passed in blur; and (much to my surprise) there was no news about her in the daily newspaper and in the T.V. The whole day my mind was trying to forcibly convince myself that everything that had happened was simply dreamt, and I finally had felt convinced; until every mid-night from then; that thing would posses me, and I would go to that particular place, and run over her again (and again!); only to find myself coming back home.

True! It is high time one should fancy me mad (by now), but I am more than sure of what I do each night. This thing inside me is evil, and it is punishing me for the world’s sins! She is my personal hell, and only by killing her, I sense a moment of satisfaction! Ofcourse there is nothing I can do about, EXCEPT WAIT FOR IT’S ARRIVAL TONIGHT.

Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:00 am

Well...this is certainly quite the start here. Its the sort of thing that catches your attention right away here because we've got a very intriguing sort of mind game being played at the same time as some very, very vivid descriptions there and it comes together quite nicely to form something that really makes you want to find things out here.

That's an interesting note to follow there. Its a bit of a time skip it seems which works I think because this is quite a short story and you've created just about enough emotion there at the start. It very interesting there with the way this person who then possibly went back to a less aggressive personality is trying to dismiss all this from her mind while at the same time almost knowing that this could all happen again in the blink of an eye. Its quite a powerful message there.

Hmm that is quite the ending there. It adds almost yet another twist to this particular story here. It now almost leaves you just ever so slightly confused there since it doesn't fully seem to match up with that opening. It is however the sort of ending that leaves you with quite a bit to think about so I'd say it still does sort of work here.

Holysocks wrote a review...

'Ello! Care for a review this lovely morning/afternoon/evening?

You have a very distinct way of writing, which I found very intriguing! Your story idea is pretty interesting and mysterious also. I liked your ending; I thought that was rather humorous!- and terrifying at the same time.

I did find this story a tad confusing though. The wording and word choice, at times, makes the work difficult to understand. Also I feel like we got a lot of information but didn't get a lot of explanation. You mentioned that the MC/narrator is bipolar, but I feel like there's a lot more at play in this story than that- like something a little more fantastical.

One of my favourite... things I've heard over the years, is something someone said sort of against writing "poetically". Now don't get me wrong; poetry is awesome and writing poetic prose can be super-duper awesome, but you first have to consider a few things. Writing, primarily, is to communicate- that's the whole purpose of writing- communicating an idea to someone else. If the people can't understand what you're communicating, it's not a good thing- even if it looks fancy.

There is no-known way known to me on how I should evaluate what I am about to pen

Even in this first bit, it's already very unclear what's being said (though it is fun to write like that, I agree- and probably great practise for creativity). We realize that the narrator is saying that they're going to write something down that they're unsure of themselves sort of, but it's really hard to tell what exactly they're trying to say. It's a lot different from saying "I have no idea what's been happening to me, but I'm going to try to relay it". My suggestion is just write how you talk- or how most people talk. Just throw it down on the page. It doesn't need to be pretty- just focus on writing plainly!

Something else I wanted to mention is you use semicolons a lot. Semicolons are awesome; I love semicolons, as you can see! ;) But they are candy, and candy is best in small doses. If you eat too much candy you'll get cavities. Most of the time, commas and/or periods can work just as well as semicolons can. They don't have the same effect, that's true, but periods and commas are the meat and potatoes of grammar. Semicolons are just desert- the icing on the cake.

Anyways, keep it up my friend! Looking forward to seeing more by you! :D

-Socks

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 pm
Aleta wrote a review...

Hey, Aleta here for a review.

The thing I noticed first was the title. Why did you put so many hyphens throughout it? Also you spelled experience wrong.
"An Experience to Remember for the Rainy Nights" would be the correct format.

"There is no-known way"
Hyphen is not needed.

"The night clouds had rolled onto the full moon as matter of time kept passing;"
You do not need a semicolon here. Just split up the two sentences.

"aggression rising. Angrily,"
We know that he is angry. Use 'with ire I' or "Infuriated,"

"Rusty-ly, "
This is very awkward. You can't just put a hyphen and then add ly onto it. I would just say eliminate it alltogether.

This sentence is confusing altogether. What do you mean by saying that the car brake is pushing? It's quite odd to describe the mind as neurons. Perhaps you could say something about him breathing deeply, trying to compose himself after that terrible bout of anger?
"The car brake was pushed, and I finally felt my neurons gathering some presence of mind."

" was trying hard, but barely I could’ve stayed still; I was blaming my ‘Aggressive Character’ (which possessed me) for crushing the spine of poor her and bursting and squeezing the blood out of her beautiful wedding dress.

You don't need the semicolon. Here is a quick fix.
"I was trying hard, but I could not stay still, for I was blaming my aggressive character that clutched my soul in its very hands. I had crushed the spine of this poor woman. Blood blossomed at her bosom and seeped down her white wedding gown."

"The following day had passed in blur; a"
Fix: The following day had passed in a drunken blur. Much to my surprise, there was no news about her in the daily (Enter town newspaper name here), nor the local news station.

"The whole day my mind was trying to forcibly convince myself that everything that had happened was simply dreamt, and I finally had felt convinced; until every mid-night from then; that thing would posses me, and I would go to that particular place, and run over her again (and again!); only to find myself coming back home."

You keep putting semicolons where they do not need to be there.
Fix: My mind was trying to convince myself that everything that had occurred was only a lucid dream, and I finally, without a shadow of a doubt, had convinced myself. Until every midnight from then, that thing of terrible animalistic anger would possess me and then I would go to that particular place. I would run her over, again, and again, and again.

Alright, what I noticed most in your work was the hyphens and the semicolons. The semicolons really served no purpose in here whatsoever.

Good
----

I really like the potential of this work of art. I've read Edgar Allen Poe's Tell Tale Heart and it has the same effect of the narrator being mad in the head and think he is doing just to the world by allowing this demon to punish him.

You are in the wrong land even if the roosters recognize you.
— Nathalie Handal, "Noir, une lumière"