z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

My Dictionary

by ScarredSecrets


My Dictionary

“I’m Fine” really means

“Help me save myself I am dying”

“Nothing is wrong” really means

“Everything is wrong, just everything”

“I don’t want to talk about it” really means

“I need to talk about it or I’ll fade”

“Leave me alone” really means

“Don’t Leave I need you to be my aid”

“Don’t touch me,” really means

“Hold me tight and never let go,”

“I’m doing better,” really means

“I’m slowly dying and they don’t even know,”

“I will live,” really means,

“I don’t want to live but I have to,”

“I will make it through,” really means

“I’m failing and don’t know what to do”

There you have it

My vocabulary

There you have it

My very own dictionary









Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
94 Reviews


Points: 4109
Reviews: 94

Donate
Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:38 am
Wordzyy wrote a review...



Hi, ScarredSecrets!

This is a unique piece of poetry, I liked it much. The pain engraved was felt in each and every line.

We do feel that when we are depressed we really mean what we say. The decisions taken at that time matter to us more and feel it is the final call for the problem.


These following lines were so moving:

“I don’t want to talk about it” really means

“I need to talk about it or I’ll fade”

“Leave me alone” really means

“Don’t Leave I need you to be my aid”

“Don’t touch me,” really means

“Hold me tight and never let go,”

“I’m doing better,” really means

“I’m slowly dying and they don’t even know,”

“I will live,” really means,

“I don’t want to live but I have to,


The pain in us blinds our thinking as well as the words we promise. They just die in air, but all we needed was the support.

It gets irritated when people wants to talk, we want to be all alone. All one needs is peace.
But then we feel lonely, we search for the cozy arms to rely on, we need solace by spending time with our beloved.

This is a tricky feel,right. It was well carried out in your poem.

The highlight of the poem was these lines:

[/quote]There you have it

My vocabulary

There you have it

My very own dictionary[/quote]


The worst and most dangerous feel is getting tangled in your own rope of thoughts, it does feel miserable. This is a perfect lament, many people relate to it.

Well, the one who wins is the one who breaks his/her own shackle.

I see the problem faced by the speaker, and could figure out the message said.

Overall, it was a perfect lament with good imagination, emotion(well, that was so strongly felt) portrayal of thoughts well established.

was totally into it.

Great job! Looking forward for more of your works. :)






Thank you for digging deep into the meaning of my poem and even finding your way into my own head. <3



Wordzyy says...


you're welcome. :) Liked it a lot.



User avatar
54 Reviews


Points: 3205
Reviews: 54

Donate
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 pm
shaniac wrote a review...



Hello, shaniac here to review your poem!

I like the message you are providing through this poem. There is a sort of tone of giving the true meaning of being the common phrases that most people use every day. I haven't read a lot of poems that dealt with this type of topic but you do seem to tackle it in a different way than most poets would.

Everything is wrong, just everything


With this line, I feel that 'just everything' is kind of extra and brings out the point just a tad too long. I suggest removing it so the line can run as smoothly as the rest.

Don’t Leave I need you to be my aid


Don't capitalize 'leave' because it isn't a proper noun.

One more thing I'd like to suggest is maybe adding some periods after some of the lines. Because it will seem like there is a stanza that runs into another stanza, and in this piece, I think there is a beat each line. I think if you added a period, the poem would run smoother.

To cap, I like this poem for the tone and the topic that you picked to write about it. I think there are a lot of people who struggle but don't know how to express themselves, and you did a good job of presenting that. Have a good day/night and if you have any questions, let me know!






Thanks for the review! I will put your suggestions into action! :)



User avatar
45 Reviews


Points: 1335
Reviews: 45

Donate
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:11 pm
Lives4Christ24 wrote a review...



Salutations @ScarredSecrets, @Lives4Christ24 is here for yet another review. I hope I don't offend anyone with my review, my intent is only to edify with constructive criticism.
Wow, your poem is very heartfelt and I have think that it is a very good poem. I really understand where your coming from and can tell you mean what you write, you didn't make this up or imagine it, it was the truth when this was written. I think that this is a dictionary that could be used for lots of people, and sometimes you don't realize this dictionary applies to them, but sometimes you do like when someone cries but says they're ok,that's when it's obvious. When people are just a little bit more quieter, that's when it's harder to tell.
In conclusion, I love your poem and can't wait to read your next one and will check out your older works.






Thank you so much! I%u2019m glad that the message got through!




*CLUCKING INTENSIFIES*
— Snoink