12+

whispers in the dark

by ScarlettFire

embrace the dawn where silence speaks of longing
in all your forgotten dreams of cold mountains
and moonless nights:
i fell asleep beside a sleeping river
on a high mountain where skies
were filled with sun and light;

do you hear the whispers in the dark?
in the coldest parts of mountains high and
valleys deep

embrace the dusk where time whispers of cold
mountains and moonless nights during sleepless
winter and long-forgotten dreams:
i fell asleep beside a raging river
on a high mountain where skies
were filled with snow and lightning;

do you hear the whispers in the dark?
valleys deep

embrace the inbetween where times ceases and lies
are whispered, where cold mountains and moonless
nights reveal truth and lies like distant dreams
long forgotten:
i fell asleep beside a sleeping river
on a high mountain where skies
were filled with fire and ash;

do you hear the whispers in the dark?
valleys deep

Thu May 30, 2024 4:18 am
Moonlily wrote a review...

Hello Hello, I hope you dont mind me popping in with a review. It might not be most in-depth I hope that can be forgiven. This is a short but generally well-done piece that I cant find much to knit pick on first read, ( perhaps I will reread this later and comment again with some actual feedback who knows. However, I must ask if this is based on TLOTR's Misty Mountains and a little bit of I See Fire ( The end credits song If I recall correctly ) I haven't watched the whole movie set or finished the books. However, If you were trying to create a song like it, you hit that out of the park I could see it in an epic/ classical fantasy book in and or in between a chapter.

I know I did not give feedback this time around I am sorry but I did the imagery used. As always keep writing and drink water!

ScarlettFire says...

Thanks for the review! It mostly certainly isn't. I wasn't even thinking about Misty Mountains or I See Fire when I was writing this. I pulled random lines from the poetry line generator on-site and just started playing around with placement and wording! I'm glad you enjoyed it! <3

Tue May 28, 2024 5:48 am
RavenNun wrote a review...

This was a very well written poem! The repetitive nature then description of the surroundings helps paint a vivid picture and draws the readers to interpret their own meaning from this piece. I loved the line, "I fell asleep beside a raging river". To me this poem meant finding solace in the unavoidable torrent of troubles life brings. To accept the way the river crushes the river rocks and throws life around. To me I thought the "Whispers in the dark" were the subtle hands that pull us towards getting caught up in trouble. Urging us to lose control and stress. Probably way off the mark, but thats what poetry is meant to do, let others use their own lives as an example. And your poem did a great job in getting readers to think. Absolutely wonderful job!

L0ca1Tes1a wrote a review...

I really like this poem. what I gather from this poem is that in the beginning everything is okay and is peaceful, then as the story progresses it starts getting worse. in the middle even though everything started to go down hill the narrator still chooses not to move and starts learning how to embrace what is happening the good and the bad. at the end we return to the peaceful sleeping river but this time instead of sunny skies its fire and ash which represents the destruction that happened in the middle. I also think that the 'voices in the dark' are people who talk about/judges the narrator for what is happening to them. maybe I'm just over analyzing it but regardless I really like this. good job!

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest