Home » Literary works » Art » Fanfiction

Art Attempt from long ago

by SavoyTruffle

I made my first completed artwork in years (this was completed sometime last year)

I just wanna see how this website goes... if it's gear and all... yerp :3

demoncat says...

That's really good I wish the hair I drew was that shiny

Morrigun wrote a review...

I saw this once a few weeks back, and I thought it was pretty damn good. You keep the style consistent throughout this entire work, and if it were me everyone would have differently shaped hands and they'd be all wonky and off. If this is an old piece, then honey you have a lot of untapped potential as well. ANYWAYS, what I was trying to say is I saw it once but I didn't really LOOK at it, and now that I am I think this has way more that deserves to be highlighted upon.

First of all, I am and will always be in love with how many different expressions you put into this. Not one person has the same face, it's amazing! And yet you kept key features so they all fit within this picture but maintain their unique character. I'm not super familiar with the Beatles in terms of what they look like but I recognized them even still, and I appreciate that the banner is there. It fits perfectly, but also gives the viewer context clues should they be completely unfamiliar. I'm also a fan of how you added a story into this, with the two women approaching the men.

I am a little uncertain as to whether the long-haired girl is excited or angry, but I think that adds to the drama of it. This angle of view was a good way to reduce the amount of 3-D and perspective you had to put into this, and coming from a person who used to have to do it as a homework assignment I tell you this is an ingenious way to reduce the work you have to do. That allows you to focus on the details and create a story with a picture.

Even your color choice was well done. You didn't just give up halfway through, you did your best to make the crowd as colorfully diverse as it would be in real life. I respect that, it takes a lot of time.

Thank you so much for sharing your art, I appreciate it. Keep on giving your gift to the world, yeah?

NightKaizer wrote a review...

HEELLO Savoy Truffle,
This drawing is actually pretty relatable! You see a famous person walking on the streets and you just gotta have a closer look. And, well, no doubt the mob of girls is being attracted to four male magnets.
I like how you drew the eyes of the mob, all big, googly, and full of hearts, hearts, hearts. The policemen are hilarious, trying to control the mob of women. Of course, they can't resist. Cute band of the Beatles. Inviting huh.
The street in the background is flat and not three dimensional with different points of perspective but in this case it fits well with the over all image. I don't know the Beatles very well but that one blonde dude is killing the girl with that pose of his- you can see it in her eyes, she can't help it.

It must've taken forever to draw all those heads,

Night Kaizer

Anniepoo103 says...

I love the way you drew all of the Beatles. Ringo is so cuteee. But, I would have to say that John Lennon is my favorite singer tho. What about you???

CharlotteS says...

I like this. It does show quite well what concerts look like. Everyone pushing towards the edge and others actually getting on stage. I actually don't have anything bad to say about this. I like the energy you have displayed on the page, the anticipation. I also love the looks on the faces of the Beatles. How some look uncomfortable and others look quite happy at the attention. You are a good drawer.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:16 am
amelie says...

this is super cute!! normally this sort of thing isn't in the green room, but it looks like there is an art category for publishing that i didn't know about, so you're right on. i love the simplistic sort of detail-- if that makes sense:) keep it up

SavoyTruffle says...

*blushes* sorry didn't know there was designated art styles here...? Or maybe I'm just confused ^^ but I'll get into the swing of things soon... Cheers, cheers, mate!

amelie says...

there aren't designated styles, but normally you see literary art in here rather than drawings and things of that specific nature. so you're good!!

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:18 am

Awesome job!

SavoyTruffle says...

:3

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:23 am
Dest says...

Aw, that's nice! Your style's really cute

SavoyTruffle says...

Thank you so much! IM SERIOUS! I didn't think I'd get told that! <3 you made my night

Dest says...

No problem! I love cartoony art ^^

A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief