Maximum Ride

by Samara

These are such great books! so far there are two, the third one comes out in about a week, but they are amazing. The plot twists in them are incredible. You never know what's going to happen next. and the characters are so realistic.

Plot: six genetically altered kids escape the lab where they were created and go on a search to find their parents, stay away from evil hybrids built for killing, and save the world. hopefully before dinner.

the titles are:

Maximum Ride: the Angel Experiment

MR: School's Out - Forever

MR: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:43 am
Samara says...

hm.
well, in my opinion, they're better then WTWB.

Denouement says...

I read 'When The Wind Blows' and wasn't too impressed by it, and i only bought that because i didn't read the blurb and thought it was an Alex Cross novel
Never bothered with the Maximum Ride series

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:52 am
Teague says...

I picked up on an inconsistency in the second one today.

It's in the part where they're putting together a mismatched car. Angel starts talking about how to fix up one of the cars using parts from the others. Patterson mentions Angel's eye colour, only he says brown instead of blue.

EDIT: I reread the section and found out I was thinking it was the wrong character. It was really Nudge. xD

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:13 am
deleted6 says...

I've only just began to read em. They're good very intresting and honestly took me a while to realize Max was a girl.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:52 am
Loose says...

well I dont know about that. John Marsden manages quite well. And Bryce Courtany.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:31 am
snap says...

Yeah. I have noticed though that when writing in first person, a lot of times, girls can write effectively as guys, but guys can't write effectively as girls. Just a quirk, I suppose. It's not like I mind. ;)

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:47 am
Teague says...

snap wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that James Patterson can't write effectively as a girl? I spent the first book thinking Max was a guy. ;)

Same here, until like page 170 something like that. Although I think the facts that Max is a gender-neutral name and that it's told in first person might have a bit to do with it. Plus Max isn't exactly very feminine.

snap wrote a review...

I just got the third, but haven't read it yet. I just went to the bookstore and came home with armloads of books. I'll get to it, though. Believe you me. :)

fueledbyjoy says...

love these books! Still wating to read the 3rd though!

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:27 am
Samara says...

eeep!!! me too. it was full of hilarium.
although i definitely liked the first two better. the third one was somewhat...abrupt...or something.

Wed May 30, 2007 7:17 am
Teague says...

It's 12:16 a.m. and I just spent three hours reading the third book without stopping.

I freaking loved it.

And I'm probably going to read it again tomorrow. Today. Whatever.

Samara says...

yeah, i agree. i would have love WTWB and TLH so much more if there weren't all the "rude" scenes. eleven year olds doing it just kinda freaks me out a little.

and yes, that part cracked me up too.
or Fang's little random comments. like when Max is freaking out and worried and not sure what to do and he's just like "Peanut?"
hehehehe.

Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 am
Twit wrote a review...

Oh yeah I absolutely LOVE those books!!!! They're so cool, and a lot better than "The Lake House" and "Where The Wind Blows" which is what they're based on. Patterson's books are all really great, but they've ALL got rude *detailed* rude scenes in, so I don't read them, which is such a shame.

So these books are great, and the way is written is funny as well. Personally, as I don't live in America, it doesn't bother me whether the countryside is accurate or not. I read most of the first book in ASDA where it was on the shelf, and I kept on giggling when I was reading it, so all the other shoppers must have thought I was really weird! (it was that bit when they've taken that car, and Max is driving it really badly)

And the next book is out NOW!! Yippee!!

Mon May 28, 2007 6:34 am
Teague says...

Yeah, I remember that. I was like, "didn't the cop person take the bear?"

BUT based upon the excerpt from book 3 in the back of book 2 I suppose we'll find something to do with that out soon!

snap says...

I thought they had gotten it back somehow.... I don't remember, quite honestly. :)

Samara says...

lol. well, the dream i can let slide. cuz, you know, its a DREAM. but the thing in AZ, that's different. shame on JP. i thought he was incapable of mistakes until now.

oh, wait, did you catch the part in the 1st book when Angel was holding onto her bear, Celeste, AFTER Celeste had already been taken by the Erasers?

Teague says...

snap wrote:I never noticed that. And I used to live in Arizona!! Shame on me. That's really going to irritate me now...

Ha, I caught it on the third read. I was like, "now wait just one gosh darned minute..." And then it took me days of deliberation to try and remember what Flagstaff's forests are like. Then it occured to me that desert scrub next to rainforest doesn't happen. :D

And I've lived in Arizona my entire life.

snap says...

I never noticed that. And I used to live in Arizona!! Shame on me. That's really going to irritate me now...

Teague says...

Well, he also does it in the opening part of book 1, when Max is escaping from the School in her dream. The School is in Death Valley, which is even more not foresty (I just made that up :D) than Arizona. And yet she's crashing through another forest and finds a clearing with a cliff. Doesn't happen. Death Valley is a valley, which is what cliffs drop into.

Fri May 25, 2007 4:06 am
Samara says...

hm, good point. i don't live in AZ, so i didn't catch that.
i hope they make a movie! a good movie. there are all sorts of fake trailers on YouTube. i can't see them though b/c my comp is retarded.

Thu May 24, 2007 4:28 am
Teague wrote a review...

I love those books, and I'll be first in line for the third one.

The only problem is that it doesn't seem like Patterson does proper research. Like, in the first book Max lands in Arizona to help Ella. She lands in an area of desert scrub, which is quite common here. Then, as she's running away from the boys, she's suddenly crashing through a forest rich in underbrush. And that kind of forest does not exist anywhere in Arizona, not even the northern parts. So yeah. That kinda bugged me. =/

But yeah, they're awesome. 5 million clicks for the movie!

Lady Pirate wrote a review...

I love these books, and I'm very stoked about the next one. Normally when there are two books, I enjoy one for the than the other, and I could tell you which one I enjoyed more, but for this series, I coud not tell you which one I enjoyed more. If I wasn't a broke teen, I could go out and by the books, becuase each one is increditble in it's own way.

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie