z

Young Writers Society



NURS 233 (Stung)

by Sam


'He’s thinking in another language
now, hitch-hiker thumb jerking
toward the city spilled from its grid. '

That was brilliant. The clash of orderliness and spontanaeity...nice, man. Loads of people try to get that effect but can't, so high fives for all.

' I recite
and lift his palm, longitude by latitude.'

Very confusing. Might make sense to someone else...but not me. The longitude and latitude is nice, but the 'I recite' is a bit clichèd, so I'd opt for something a bit more...er...catchier.

'It’s the dying season and I cannot
leave his wound alone.'

What is it with you and genius last lines?!? Help me out!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
665 Reviews


Points: 6165
Reviews: 665

Donate
Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:55 am
Chevy says...



Gosh I didn't get it but I still liked it.

Hm....:wonders who is the "he":




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:10 pm
Firestarter says...



Pretty good, although it takes a while to understand all your references. But one scan should never make it easy and it's some good work...again.

Now go read something I wrote. Haha. Just kidding. Please?




Random avatar

Points: 1078
Reviews: 333

Donate
Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:53 pm
emotion_less says...



I have a feeling it's one of those poems you take from something that happened and you drape it with fancy words... but you still leave enough so we sort of know what's going on. Sort of. I didn't really like it too much...





The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
— Walter Benjamin