z

Young Writers Society



Time

by Saga97


It seems to never stop, this endless tunnel which get darker with every step I take, unable to stop or go back, my feet carry me to a place that’s non-existing. There is no destination just the endless frightening journey of time. As much as I hold on to it, begging for it to stop the easier it seems to slip, going even faster than before. I never wanted to say it or even recognize the truth but it’s here and there is no denying, it’s the end of my childhood, the only time you can be free and without worry. For we all are born innocent into a world full of corruption.

Why I decided to post this I don't know, it was in the spur of the moment.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
83 Reviews


Points: 1067
Reviews: 83

Donate
Thu May 23, 2013 5:09 pm
Dutiful wrote a review...



Hii!

Okay, first of all, its awesome even if it was posted in the spur of the moment :D
It doesn't matter what you post, as long as it can get the message and meaning through to the readers.
Actually, to be honest, I didn't know what you were talking about until I saw the childhood part. Then,I went back and read the whole thing again. It all made so much more sense :D
You've done a really good job of writing this, although I will have to disagree with you on some parts :D

Childhood is a wonderful phase, full of laughter and freedom, I so agree with you on that, but adulthood isn't that bad either. Sure, the world is not all good like it used to be, but that doesn't necessarily have to mean that it is a bad thing. "Growing up is a part of life" Yeah you've probably heard plenty of those, and its true. We can't hold onto childhood much longer. At some point or another, we will start realizing that life isn't all about freedom.

For we all are born innocent into a world full of corruption.


I so agree with you on this one as well, but although most parts of the world are going through this horrible phase, it is not a sole reason to call growing up, a dark place.

Every cloud has a silver lining :D

Okay, I am so sorry. I just got lost in thought for a moment there :D
Anyways, on to the grammatical errors:

The grammar and punctuation was pretty good except one or two. You might want to work on the commas a bit more. Because, at certain points, there seem to be a lack of commas where I felt it was necessary.
Thats all, considering this a short one :D

Yup, good job really! I understand where the thought's coming from. Believe me, I'd thought about it many a times too :)

Keep it up!




User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 1291
Reviews: 27

Donate
Tue May 21, 2013 6:42 pm
glovegg wrote a review...



Hmm..this is interesting. I wasn't able to catch the point until you mention, "its the end of my childhood". Which is probably my own mistake.
You have good grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc. There was only one thing in which I got confused.
"unable to stop or go back my feet carry me to a place that's non-existing"
I would suggest putting a period, or comma after feet. Only thing with putting a comma there, you have a large run-on sentence.

But other than this, I can find no wrong. The reader can relate to the pain, because we all go through losing our childhood. Our only innocence in the world.
So, that stated, please keep writing because this was a very interesting little story to read.




User avatar
382 Reviews


Points: 15691
Reviews: 382

Donate
Mon May 20, 2013 3:08 pm
Dreamy wrote a review...



This is so good for a first 'Time' writer. Don't be shy to post your work... Start working on this imagine, think, dream and make this in to a nice story. Try something new and make mistakes, mistakes will make you a good writer. You just don't know how good you are. Well take it from me you are good.. so keep posting... I ll be looking forward for your work...





You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.
— Dallas Winston, The Outsiders