z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Stage fear

by SINGHAM


The butterflies in my stomach,

The shivering of my feet and the coldness of my palms

I knew I would feel this way but there's nothing I can do.

The moments of GRAVE self doubt on my abilities that supported  me all though.

The fear of the staring eyes,

I  feel my moment slipping away and away,

I know it is what I have worked for all day in out,

They all come every thing I come to fight,

But it seems there is nothing I can do BUT stand and watch my moment slip by and by


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
245 Reviews


Points: 192
Reviews: 245

Donate
Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:39 am
ChocolateCello wrote a review...



Hey! ChocolateCello here!
Here to save you from the green room! (Happy review day)

Really great poem. Everything was described really nicely and I think it all flowed nicely. Just a few minor things though.

"I know it is what I have worked for all day in out,"

This sentence is a bit unclear. Maybe you meant 'day in and day out'? Not sure. But right now it just sounds like you worked a day for this moment.

"They all come every thing I come to fight"
This sentence is a bit unclear too. Not really sure what it was supposed to read as but I found it a bit confusing.

Also, two minor things.
A) Watch your spacing, you have some double spaces where they aren't needed.
B) Don't put words in all caps- in this poem, everything is fine with normal capitalization and having those two words (Grave and but) feels out of place.

(Oh! And some sort of punctation at the end of the poem?)

Hope this helped!
-ChocolateCello




User avatar
213 Reviews


Points: 150
Reviews: 213

Donate
Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:43 pm
dark wrote a review...



Hm, this is an interesting poem to say the least. The words allow to me create a pretty simple picture in my head, mainly due to the fact that the topic of stage fright isn't anything new. There are so thing I would recommend changing, however.

First I wouldn't use all caps to emphasize words. In fact, the words you chose to emphasize seem out of place when read with emphasis. I feel it breaks up the poem too much. However, since you chose to put emphasis on those words, it would look a lot cleaner to italicize them rather than write in all capitals. Just a little thing that bugged me bit. Other than those points listed, I feel this poem is pretty good. Keep up the good work.

~The dark one.





I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin