z

Young Writers Society



True Love, You'll Always Find It

by SASSYLADY333


True Love, You'll Always Find It


What if he pretended to love you?

He held you like you were everything

He never let anything or anyone hurt you


What if the man you loved kissed you like he meant it?

And he was thinking of her along?


How bad would it hurt?

How angry would you be, once you knew?

Or worse you never knew at all thinking you had the perfect man


Making love was a lie,

Every secret romantic smile,

Every rose, and choclate

And every time he said " I love you"


Would you be smart enough to notice?

Or be conned in a game of love?

Would you wait until that night?


Walking in the closet looking for him,

You find him,


The real him,

And this man of hers he kisses her

When you see this you can tell he means it


Not a drunken mistake or a good man just unwillingly tempted.

When you see true love's kiss, you realize you've never had it.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 125

Donate
Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:57 am
SASSYLADY333 says...



Yeah, well I said it wasn't a poem yet...

But thank you.




User avatar
915 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 915

Donate
Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:00 am
Incandescence wrote a review...



SASSYLADY333,


This is amateur poetry at its worst and shot through with spelling and grammar mistakes--could you at least make a pretense as to your commitment to the craft? Execrable poetry is excusable from a personal standpoint; spelling and grammar mistakes atop it, though, simply indicate to anyone even remotely serious about writing that you didn't even read back over your own slop. From concept through delivery, the material is familiar stuff with nothing to raise it above "lousy".


Making love was a lie,

Every secret romantic smile,

Every rose, and choclate

And every time he said " I love you"


Not good. Not even close.


Best,
Brad




User avatar
695 Reviews


Points: 2242
Reviews: 695

Donate
Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:34 am
Angel of Death says...



Wow deep! Really this was brilliant in it's own sort of way.




User avatar
602 Reviews


Points: 1609
Reviews: 602

Donate
Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:45 am
Wolf wrote a review...



I don't like it. There isn't really anything poetic about this piece: interesting language? No. Could I relate to it? No. Proper grammar/punctuation? No. I know that not all poems need punctuation, but since this one has longer lines, I think it would benefit.

See, this isn't exactly a poem, to my mind anyways. You should ask yourself, "What makes this a poem? What makes this different, more meaningful, than just words?" It would be nice to see more metaphors and similes, deeper meanings. :wink:

You also need to make the reader feel that they can relate to you. I have never experienced "true love", but by reading a poem about it, I (as a reader) should have at least a basic understanding of what it's like. At the moment, this is kind of empty and rather shallow. There's no depth.

It's clichéd. Roses and chocolate, however pleasant they may be, have been used in relation to love countless times. In fact, this theme for a poem has been used countless times. You need to ask yourself how this can be more original, interesting and thought-provoking -- what might be a good, original gift, lover to lover? Besides roses and chocolate, I mean.

Overall, this is an okay attempt. It's not memorable but poetry is hard -- I suck at it, actually. But keep working away, and one day you'll get it! :)

Feel free to PM me with any questions/comments, and good luck!

- Camille




User avatar
721 Reviews


Points: 7241
Reviews: 721

Donate
Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:00 pm
Azila wrote a review...



I've come to deliver a review, as per request! *bows*

Just keep in mind that I don't know all that much about poetry. :roll:

Firstly, is the first line ("True Love You'll Always Find It") part of the poem or is it the title or is it the opening line? Because if it's the title, i think you should make it bold or underlined or italic or something so that your readers don't get confused like I did. ^_~

Or worse you never knew at all thinking you had the perfect man
I think this should be, "Or worse--you never knew at all, thinking you had the perfect man?"

Also, I suggest using some more punctuation and (as Rei said) metaphors and the like--because so far this poem is a little cliché and not terribly memorable, IMO. But it's a good start, I think--a good base to work from. You've got the emotion, but it will take a little more description and unique language to make it great.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

~Azila~




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 125

Donate
Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:05 am
SASSYLADY333 says...



The age old battle! But I do admit I wasn't very creative, I rushed to express myself.

But I'm glad you could relate, thanks :)




User avatar
685 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 685

Donate
Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:57 am
Rei wrote a review...



It was sweet. I think I liked it more because of how much it reflects my life and what I hope will happen. Anyway, if you want to improve this, I'd suggest putting in some imagery and metaphors to enhance what you're saying. Remember, show, don't tell.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 125

Donate
Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:51 am
SASSYLADY333 says...



Thank you!

I couldn't have gotten a better review on my birthday :)




User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 60

Donate
Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:52 pm
kinzygirl223 says...



WOW!!!
I loved this poem
I think it is AMAZING!!!
I wish I had a better Critique but i don't sorry.
LOVED IT





I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights