There's Something Wrong Me*

by SASSYLADY333

There’s Something Wrong With ME

My process of doing homework. I'm already at home, I try to relax because I just ate my dinner on my bed as the T.V. is still on the computer is humming next to me.

I take a deep breath and I take my plate to the kitchen, I come back and shut down the lap top. And then with one last longing look at E! news on channel 62 I turn off my T.V.

It's time to do my homework...I can do this. I used to do it all the time.

I reach around the edges of my bed and look for my back pack. AH! Found it, thats great because it's homework time...I take out my binder with papers half flapping out of it--because of the rush I am in between each of my classes I don't exactly take the time to place my papers where they should go.

And then I look back in my back pack for loose articles of papers I might have shoved in there. Some geometry home work in that note book, and my English assignment crushed under my pencil pouch. I take this items out, pausing to straighten my English assignment.

Okay, that's everything I need--I pause grabbing the pencil pouch out the bag. I unzip it and dump all the contents onto my messy bed.

I take it all in, I look to my left; the computer...like Eve's apple. I look straight ahead the T.V. glistening in the room. Crap...I look down and to my right on my bed. Hmmm...the remote. And what's innocent and tempting next to the remote?

Yep it's a non-academic book, just sitting there. We all know what kind of book it is. The young adult kind, the section we look for every time we walk into Barnes and Nobles or by force; Borders. The classic teenage Chick-Lit. The kind of book that made you love reading even more, the book about a stupid girl and all too good looking guy. The same kind of book you stay up to two in the morning reading with you homework falling on the floor ignored.

And you know what? Temptation was too great. What was it going to be this time?

A. The indulgences of the Internet? With Myspace as a girls best friend.

B. The teley? It had all the shows you want to see that week, because your into reality shows. And Vh1 and Oxygen prided them selves with re-runs. So you never missed anything and there was always more.

C. The worst of all, the one that gave reading a bad name. My Chick-Lit novel waiting to be devoured by my curious mind and keep me awake into the morning.

D. Or I sit here on the bed and think about it like I always do, and as a distraction organize my papers in my binder, clean out my back pack only to do either A, B, or C. Which wouldn't be too bad cause at least your back pack was organized.

Shit. There's something wrong with me. I can never do my homework anymore.

SASSYLADY333 says...

Thank you both! It's much appreciated :)!

I love it. This is great the only thing is commas and periods. I also have a bad time with them too. Don't feel awkward. keep writing.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:22 pm
GryphonFledgling wrote a review...

This sounds like me, though the distractions vary from time to time... Books, my writing, movies, cleaning my room... There are a million things you can to do avoid homework...

Anyway, I caught a lot of punctuation errors. Your writing is pretty by way of style, but you need to work a bit on commas and periods, as well as punctuations such as apostrophies and the differences between 'your' and 'you're' and 'their' and 'they're'...

'They're (they are) going to the movies.'

'They lost their tickets.'

'You're (you are) going to eat that broccoli and you're going to like it.'

'Clean your plate and you can watch TV.'

See the differences? I went through and edited your work for you...

But I liked this. It follows the dillemma of,, I think, every teenager when it comes to homework...

~GryphonFledgling

If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
— Anatole France