z

Young Writers Society



Syradrum 3 (Syradrum)

by Royboy





Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
72 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 72

Donate
Thu May 17, 2007 12:25 am
AndNeverAgainx3 wrote a review...



when did we get in the forest? XD
-addo explaining bithols i too abrupt. since obviously they are very important, you should describe the scene in which he begins explaining them, and have him stop and show her spells. starting doing spells while they are walking doesnt seem to make a lot of sense.
-green eyes just like the great bithol dude? i think addo is harry potter...and bithol dude [i changed it from whatshisname] is voldyyyy. oh. that wasn't a correction. i just wanted to say that...
-is syradrum floating in the sky? clarify.




User avatar
514 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 514

Donate
Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:27 am
JC wrote a review...



"So," he said shortly.

"So what?" I snapped back at him.

She really does have anger problems huh?

He simply melted through the bark and melted back through the other side.

You should try replacing the second melted with another word to seem less repetitive.

Other than that I don't have anything much to say, except of course that I really like it. There could be more about how the place looked, a few more descriptions, but I'm sure that'll come later.

Keep it up, your writing is addictive in all the right ways!

-JC




User avatar
563 Reviews


Points: 13816
Reviews: 563

Donate
Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:06 pm
Writersdomain says...



:) For the half-whispered, half-ordered thing? Well, I'm sure I don't hear Addo's voice the way you do, so I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I'll PM you if I do. Remember, all the word choice things are suggestions. If you honestly believe that 'half-whispered, half-ordered' is the best way to describe Addo's voice, then you should stick with it. Twas just an idea.

Character impressions! My favorite part!

Alexandria: well, she has nightmares and those symbolize something within the story, something that is important to the plot. She trusts her brother wholeheartedly and loves her family. Likes to be called Alex. She is not quite sure what to think of Addo; he gets on her nerves sometimes with his secrecy and she's a bit nervous, but she seems to be beginning to trust him. Despite the danger around her, she does see beauty in Syradrum.

Addo: I love Addo. :D He is obviously involved in something major to the plot, and he was sent to find Alex. He seems like a pretty nice guy all in all and even though he can be secretive, he can be manipulated into telling some of those secrets. Obviously likes Syradrum.

Myles: Whee, Myles is fun. He's a good friend to Alex and sympathizes with her about her nightmares. I hope he shows up again.

Great story you have going here. :D




User avatar
133 Reviews


Points: 1206
Reviews: 133

Donate
Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:23 am
Royboy says...



Ahhh! Those places where there could be a better word are so hard to fix! I sat at my desk staring at the computer screen and listening to music for ten minutes and I couldn't think of anything but whispered with authority! If you can think of a word, please pm me! lol.

I'm going to wait another few days before I post the next chapter, although I have it typed up and ready to go on my computer. I want to make sure that it'll be written correctly when I do post it because I might be changing things in earlier chapters. I like to think that I'm consistant. =]




User avatar
563 Reviews


Points: 13816
Reviews: 563

Donate
Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:43 am
Writersdomain wrote a review...



Okay, I had way too much fun reading this. I ended up reading it aloud and it was a blast - your style flows so well. :D

I

ran for my life until my lungs were completely wiped out and I stumbled on my own feet. Swaying on the spot, I almost fell, but Addo put his arms around me to keep me from dropping to my knees. "I have to carry you again. Don't squirm," he said. He picked me up nimbly and started off faster than I had in the first place. He acted as if he had just picked up a four year old child instead of a fifteen year old teenager.


I think you can find a better word than 'completely wiped out' for her lungs. And the second sentence inred is a bit confusing.

Lying in his arms, I regained my energy and my senses became more sharp and alert to the presence of trauntler.


sharp and alert are synonyms. I think one of them would do fine.

"You don't enjoy being carried? I would," I shrugged. He still had me in his arms, and it was beginning to get less than comical. When he saw my expression turn vicious, he lowered me to the forest floor.


First, it should be a comma instead of a period after 'would' Second, I think it would be cool if you described exactly how Alex's face turned vicious. What changes made her look vicious?

"Nows a great time to start learning, then!" he replied.


should be now's

As we traveled farther into the empty forest, he told me about all the kinds of bithols there were and everything of anything he knew


everything of anything? er, that's a littel strange

"Why exactly do you need me?" I asked. My head hurt and


I think you're missing something

"Just get in. You'll understand in a minute," Addo said and helped lower me down into the little stow-away. He climbed in after me and shut the top, making it officially closed in.


er, I really don't like the phrase in red. I don't think it's necessary either.

As I've said already, I really enjoyed this. Your description was, again, great and your style is awesome. I'll give character impressions later; I'm being called downstairs right now. Nicely done and please keep writing! PM me if you need anything. :D





"While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."
— Albus Dumbledore