z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Two Worlds

by Roxanne


Two Worlds often combine

First, where dreams freely shine

A world where magic paints the sky

And happy endings are not just a goodbye

The other world, where reality unfolds

Where life’s true stories are told

In the dream world, light never grows faint

And everything is adorned with a beautiful paint

In the realm where life’s truth have their say, however

It is inevitable to strive through challenges forever

Though one may seem all fancy and fair

The other holds lessons that make us aware

Yet these worlds, that are always linked

Shape the truth of who you are, distinct.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 146
Reviews: 13

Donate
Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:37 pm
View Likes
WordWeaver1357 wrote a review...



First up, this was a beautifully woven piece, and each word seems to have been thought out individually.
I love how the both worlds complement each other and how they are portrayed. The first 'dream' world is shown in an almost Utopian way - it is written in a way that even though everything seems to be perfect, the other world has a lot to teach.
In stark contrast, though, the other world is a mirror into reality- bittersweet and often challenging.

Wonderfully crafted!
<3




Roxanne says...


Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it.



User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 31
Reviews: 7

Donate
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:40 am
RoseBalor wrote a review...



I’m not a big poetry fan but I think this was beautiful. Your words captivated my attention right from the beginning. I always enjoy writing that allows the reader to paint the picture of what is being written in their mind. For me it especially happened with the lines such as “A world where magic paints the sky”. Beautifully written and highly descriptive.




Roxanne says...


I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the kind words!



User avatar


Points: 38
Reviews: 4

Donate
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:25 pm



Hello, I am here to write a review of your beautiful poem!

This is a beautiful poem, you use great description words! Something I would possibly recommend is that, maybe try to describe the dream world a bit more. Maybe try describing the otherworldly feel that dreams usually have.




Roxanne says...


Thank you for the feedback!



User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 339
Reviews: 21

Donate
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:08 pm
Fleur wrote a review...



Hi Rose! Lullaby, a fellow flower lover, here to give a short review on this poem.

The meaning of this poem is really interesting, as it expresses two sides of a coin. One being a dream world where things seem perfect, and another in reality where those perfections are not achievable. Even though the realistic world is [/i]not[/i] perfect, it still makes someone grow because they are able to make mistakes and learn right from wrong. In the end, intertwining the two worlds as something everyone has or experiences, and to me I think everyone does have a dream life where they escape to. Whether it's dreams in their sleep, daydreams, or a piece of media they dive into, everyone has their own idea of perfection, even if it isn’t the real world, it’s important to keep those dreams and safe haven because it does give people hope and a child-like joy.

I have some comments, which can be taken as critiques but honestly they are just things I noticed:
The poem starts out with “Two Worlds” being capitalized. I am guessing that is because it is the title of the poem but I think in the content of the poem, the word “Worlds” shouldn’t be capitalized because it isn’t a proper noun, but just opens up the poem.
The rhyme is very simplistic, which means it reaches a wide audience and many people can read and dissect this poem. I would have loved to see things a bit more complex though to keep the reader on their toes and to strengthen the emotional intention behind the message.

This poem was super cute and I really enjoyed reading! Hope any of this helps. Keep writing!
Sincerely, Lullaby ♥




Roxanne says...


Thank you for the review, I appreciate it!




The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl