Chapter 4 of Chasing The Sun

by Ross

Taken down at author's discretion.

Pozoe12 says...

awesome story luv it :P

Dustfinger wrote a review...

Great again!!!!!!! You impress me each time!

But one mistake I found

Yes, and I’m redeeming it now. I’m homosexual again. Those friends can just burn in hell.”

You forgot the " at the beginning of the sentence.

And in this sentence,

I laughed, “Of course! But…I’m wondering why do you love me the way you love me?”

You should say something more like, "Why do you love me the way you do?" or put like three dots or a comma or something after "wondering".

Good. Iliked it!

Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 am
Summerless wrote a review...

"The wind tousled my hair, swept it in my eyes and across my forehead. The fingers curled around the balcony railing were numb from the chill, yet I refused to go inside. Go inside and lie beside the guy that just kissed me."

That was a nice start. It gave me this relaxed but interested feeling.

I don't have much to say except this was a nice read.
I hope there's more coming, but if not that's fine.

- Summerless

scasha wrote a review...

Wow! Great job! I'm not very good at critiquing romances but here a just a few quick suggestions:

1) the ending seemed a little too abrupt with the whole I'm moving to florida thing it's just a little too perfect. I don't know if you can fix that but it just bothered me a little bit
2) I would put a little more action between the dialogue.

Other than that I loved the plot, your characters seem very real to me. It's sad in a bittersweet way because he eventually finds and accepts who he is now. Very good job. Sorry I didn't really have anything concrete to add.

bear wrote a review...

I think that this chapter was needed. It gives the readers a bit of a breather during a story with what I predict to be a very intense pace, and it characterized the characters.

“I didn’t plan on telling you till a week in, but I’m moving to Florida a week after.

I found this confusing. A week into what? A week after what?

And now I had denied him one simple wish benefit to me all because of what I had done.
This is also confusing. It might be wording, it might be punctuation

Also, this seemed a bit unrealistic to me, dialogue wise:

I vowed never to be like that again.

It's the word "vowed" that does it. A few grammatical things needed to be cleaned up. You used a period when Jack says "How could I not have shrugged it off..." where I think a question mark would be grammatically and stylistically better. Another thing you do is put a comma after phrases like "She nodded" or "he sighed", and before a quotation. Technically it should be a period, as those are not speaker tags. You can tag things on to the speaker tag (speaker tag tag?) but I don't think that punctuation works without the speaker tags.

And that is it. You're killer good, you know that?

Writing for love is a pas wrote a review...

Holy shit. I did not see that coming. Really really good plot and please keep writing. Please. It wsa a fast-slow pace that was very comfortable. Nice work on that.
When you wrote,'Go inside and lie beside the guy that just kissed me', could you possibly put, Go inside and lie beside the guy that HAD just kissed me? I think it would work better. Excellent job as always. pm me when you get the next chapter.

"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard