Good Enough, I suppose

by Robusto

I hurt

I hurt for people who I knew

I hurt for people who I love

I hurt for people I have yet to meet.

I hurt for people for I’ll never know

I hurt for people who I never knew

Yet can you understand such a sorrow?

Can you truly realize the scope of a heart so open?

To realize that every second there would be tasks unfulfilled?

Words unspoken?

Tears unshed?

The thought that something that’s not there but should be?

Can you understand the hurt of someone who takes into account all this?

That realizes there will things that never be when the creator no longer is?

That what has been can never be again?

I cry for so many

People who I know

People Who I do not know

People who I will know

People who I will never know

All bring hurt to my heart

I mourn for so much

Because I mourn for what won’t be done

Why do I care?

Why can’t I be apathetic?

It hurts so much

The constant pain in the chest

Where memory fails, the heart always remembers.

Why can’t I write this?

Why can’t I share how I feel?

These words are meaningless to you

You can’t see the tears or hear my voice

You can’t possibly comprehend emotion through words on a screen

You don’t understand the pain

Always in me, never stopping

And it will never go away

But I don’t care

It just shows

My passion

For good

Elijah wrote a review...

Sorry for the pretty short review but If I had something to complain about It could be longer but what to do.It is pretty good.The punctuation is off but this is a way to go through also.It is not that wrong honestly.Just some prefer it more than others so do not take it too deep if you hear it as a big negative thought from others.You make the readers relate.I rarely like poems to be honest but maybe the dark theme just got me liking it.
Every sentence was well connected with the next one so I pretty much do not have anything to say.To be honest I did not like the repeatment in this pieace of art the first time I read it but I understood it better after several readings.I found rhymes here and there.If you read it our loud the right way even if there is no rhyme on some places..it still sounds good.
Good job.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:31 am
Astronomer wrote a review...

Hello, Robusto! This is Moonwatcher with a short little review. First I will say, I love this poem. I don't love many poems, I like them. But I actually loved this poem. I guess it's the emotion. I can feel the mix of emotion in the poem. It's so relatable, and I am no afraid to say I love this poem. Um, there wasn't very much wrong with the poem/ Some punctuation and some stanzas will definitely improve the flow of the poem. Again, I really loved this poem, and I gotta say you have some skills. Excellent work!

velocity27 wrote a review...

Wow. I can relate to what you are saying in this poem. I know how it feels to be distraught with all of the conflicts that are present in society, within friends or family, and within yourself. There is so much fear and pain present and it is extremely overwhelming and discouraging to see the digression of generations and the loss of human interaction through screens, which are supposed to be tools of innovation and expression. I understand what it is like to feel as if there is so much left to do, but not enough time, power, and will to do so. Like you mentioned in another review, it's not depression or negativity, it is nostalgia and seeing the importance of innovation through passion and necessity that you exhibit in this poem.
I have found that I can't relate to many of my peers because I feel that a lot of us have lost the capability to understand that the conflicts and necessity for change is all happening at the same time. There is pain that has been felt, is being felt, and has yet to be felt. Our job is not to dwell on that pain, but instead to understand it, and drive change from there. It is exhausting and painful when you see how ignorant and numb the world is to the pain that is happening everywhere, but in the end, I think that people like you (who know that hurt that is happening), can use your feelings as a way to help others, and mend the world one step at a time. I apologize if I misinterpreted the poem in any way. Thank you for writing this, it really made my day.

Charm wrote a review...

Hey!

I really liked this poem. I found myself relating to it a lot. I feel like it would improve if you added proper punctuation and maybe added stanzas. I didn't find any that was really wrong with this poem. It flowed really well. The emotion in the poem was perfect. I feel like it was very easy to understand the narrator's pain :)

So sorry that this review was really short :/ I think if you add stanzas and fix the punctuation this poem will be perfect!

Have a wonderful day,
Alice ♥

Robusto says...

Thank you for the review.
Personally, I prefer to keep it as it is. This was written several months ago, and everything about it should be preserved as it better helps remind me of what it is I need to do to solve the issues raised. If I edit it, it loses its heart. Even punctuation errors, as my inner turmoil more or less led to my lack of focus while writing and thus causing me to forget proper punctuation. But thank you for your advice.

Charm says...

Okay that's fine. I just wonder if you weren't going to change anything and you just wanted to keep it as it is, why did you publish it to get reviews? Anyway I totally understand that's sort of how I felt about my poem, Tulips and Raspberry Tea.

Robusto says...

I just felt like sharing it. I've had it for a while, and really wanted to see how others interpreted it.

Charm says...

Oh okay. I usually just post it as a status when I feel like that but you do you :P

Anniepoo103 wrote a review...

This is a really good poem. Thank you for posting it on here. I am here to give a positive review, not a constructive one because I have foud nothing wrong with the poem personally. It was wonderfully written.
My favorite line in the poem is "Words unspoken? Tears unshed?" I can really relate to this line. It makes me think of my own personal feelings.
I hope well kind of hope that this isn't out of personal experience, that you aren't as deep in depression as the poem makes you sound like u are.
(I am and I know how much it sucks, I'm glad no one notices tho lol)
I like how you mention caring for all people, the ones you have met and haven't. I have noticed that a lot of people in the world don't feel the same way about such things. I am glad to know that there is at least one other people lover on this earth.
It feels like you really didn't know what was going on in the poem. Like you didn't know why you had the feelings that you did.. I hope that you got through that. I am glad that you have some good writing though. I hope if you don't get anything else of this comment/review that you remember two things, you and your writing is absolutely beautiful, and that you need to keep smiling and keep going, even if you don't know what you are going through or feeling at the moment, you will soon enough.

Robusto says...

Thank you for your review.
I don't mind constructive reviews in the slightest. But let's face it, poetry is a very loose form on writing, and so any criticism is more based on the reviewers preference than anything substantial.
Depression? Me? Oh, far from it Anniepoo. No, this poem was written out of a sense of nostalgia and a little bit of worry. I constantly worry about my friends, and if they were to die today, would I ever see them again? I like to think that I will, but there are some I'm not so sure about.
I just wrote the first thing that came to my mind as I went. My thoughts were not coherent at this time of writing, and were a jumble of worry and nostalgia, as I said earlier. I'm a rather emotional person, and I care deeply for a lot of people. Not the best combination when it comes to going through modern day life. But I hope I'm having some form of positive impact on the people I meet day to day. And I always remember those two things.
This is actually one of four poems written around this time, but I have not the points for the others at the moment.

Anniepoo103 says...

alright :)

"We're just all nosy little busybodies."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi