Home » Literary works » Script » General

Act One Elementary Memories COMPLETED

by Rei

.

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:21 pm
Rei says...

Shameless self promotion

Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:56 am
Sam wrote a review...

Okay, who is Helen and who is Rachel? I couldn't quite sort it out...

I also couldn't quite see it in my head. It was just...OK...who is Cody? Who is Ms. Parker? I'm not a real expert on plays, but usually they have something about like who they are and what they are wearing.

Writersdomain says...

I don't know much about play-writing, but I really liked this! It was really interesting and it made you think. My only suggestions are that you write more of it 'cause it's really good!

lin night wrote a review...

There are a lot of good ideas floating around here. That said, it's rather hard to critique without reading the whole thing. Is this the entire first act? If so, the individual scenes could definitely be explanded. Introduce more side characters perhaps?
At this point, I find the Rachel/Helen deal (which I assume you'll explain) disorienting as a reader. Unless Rachel/Helen is a nutbag, I also don't think she would directly comment on Cody's mysterious appearance in all her activities. There are probably subtler ways of establishing the fact that he is imaginary.
Though I haven't dug that deeply into it, I'm guessing the light bulb talk and games are metaphorical. Super cool in my book.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:16 am
Emma wrote a review...

I read it and found interesting facts about rainbows! :P

And how come the person called Rachel is telling the story from her point of view but it was from another kids? Sorry if its there and I forgot to read it properly :? I like it though! Please please do more! :D

Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:45 pm
Rei says...

I hope I don't sound really whiny, but why are so many people looking at this but not replying? I really could use some feedback.

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
— Dr. Seuss