The next delay

by Regretnothing

I thought I loved him

In the end I still do. When I walked away from our world; each of my tears brought more and more decay to the landscape. My sobs were screams with the forming shadows.

Darling where did you go? Did you see the darkness too? Every fight, every time you hurt me, the darkness crept into our world. It consumed us; circled our hearts to the point we didn’t know what love was. What it gave us was a false longing for each other.

My longing

I wanted us to be ok. I wanted to be his. I longed to feel his arms around me. I longed for that boy.

He broke my heart; with that came shattered glass on the land scape. I tried to pick up the pieces; the darkness took over with a tidal wave of emotions. For long periods all I see is red; because with broken glass comes many cuts.

To this day I still visit our world. It is no longer beautiful and you are no longer there. The tree we once sat under for shade has shriveled up and died. The water in the stream that used to be so clean and clear; is now a black thickness like the darkness around my heart.

The beauties, oh darling the beauties I remember them. I remember how they danced and looked so astonishing in the light wind. The colors used to be so vibrant, but the wind is too strong and they’ve blown away.

I stand in the middle of our landscape wishing for the days you were mine. My hair blows in the strong wind, and I choke on what once was clean air. I know I need to let you go, but your in my heart, in my body, in my soul. If I left what would happen to this place? Would it continue to deteriorate, soon being blown away and becoming nothing?

Could I fix our landscape? Could you come back to me? what if’s and could I’s are filling my head, and making me go mad.

I just can’t let go.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:39 am
Sujana wrote a review...

An interesting lyrical short story--really, I've never heard such a combination, but for the most part it works here. There are still some shortcomings, of course, but that's for the later part of the review. Firstly, the highlights:

-"My sobs were screams with the forming shadows." I wonder, what does this line mean? Why are screams associated with forming shadows? Do you mean 'my sobs were screams, forming shadows'? Well, that makes even less sense, now that I think about it. If it makes sense to you, that's also fine, but honestly this line bothered me a bit.

-"I wanted us to be ok. I wanted to be his." Is this a different 'him' or are we still talking about 'you'? Because, from the looks of it, this is the same person, it's just that you've chosen to replace him with a third person thing. It's a little annoying, really, so I suggest you keep the consistency here. Unless this is a different person entirely, which would make this much more interesting.

-"The water in the stream that used to be so clean and clear; is now a black thickness like the darkness around my heart." I think the semicolon here should've been replaced with a comma, as semicolons aren't usually used in this case.

-" When I walked away from our world; each of my tears brought more and more decay to the landscape." I think the semicolon here should've been replaced with a comma, as semicolons aren't usually used in this case.

-"but your in my heart" This sounds extremely funny to me because I keep saying it to internet chatroom users, but *you're. Sorry, I had to say it.

-"what if’s and could I’s are filling my head, and making me go mad." Capitalize the What, and remove the 'and'.

Now, onto the actual review:

As I said before, this was an interesting little short story. Overall it had a very troubled atmosphere to it, and the author never specifies what it meant by 'him' or 'you', which is very good. Sometimes I think you might be talking about nature and her relationship with man, other times I think 'this is just an ordinary relationship blown out of proportions', which still makes this relatively good. Exaggeration is a wonderful tool.

So, overall, it's pretty good. Good job on that front.

Signing out,

--EM.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:19 am
kiwifruit wrote a review...

hi!
to be honest, i don't think there's much to say here. it's really great! it's very emotional and personal. it really feels like i understand how you feel about this boy, before and after.

one thing to note would be the constant change in style. it goes from addressing the person to talking about the person. it's kind of confusing, but i'm sure you could pull off the fusion!

another thing would be phrase "The beauties, oh darling the beauties I remember them". it's really repetitive. might i suggest using a different word of phrasing? uvu;;

anyways, that's all i have to say. above all, you wrote a wonderful story. i hope to read more! c:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn