z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The delay

by Regretnothing


You thought the worst thing was delay. Maybe you are right. I am never sure. I was in my own world. I only knew what I wanted. I did not know I was destroying a perfectly good thing. I did not know you where fighting your own battle. I should have been there for you. I should have fought mine and your demons. That is not what happened.

Love

I did not believe in that term until I realized I felt it towards you. When our perfect world crumbled; I was still basking in what I thought was a perfect life. The dead flowers still looked ever so lovely, and the beauties were still beautiful. I did not see the decay. I did not see the shattered glass on the landscape. I was blinded by love.

During this time, I now see I might as well been dreaming. For when I woke up; the world was a very different place. We were not the love stricken teens as I once thought. These days I’m not sure you loved me at all.

I agree, this whole new you does not deserve to be treated in such manners. The past is far behind us, and our love is far forgotten. You may have fixed the landscape, and everything may be beautiful once again. We have a problem though.

I have also created a new landscape. It is beautiful, and everything I have ever wanted it to be. The stream is just right, and I have planted the most magnificent flowers. You should see it, but you can’t. The time of us is over.

Our world is no longer. The stream, the flowers, and the tree that perfectly shades the plains. It dose not matter.

The new world I have created is not for you, but rather him. I have not only moved on; I have moved on with someone new. In my grief stricken times he pulled me out from under, and I have finally moved to a new place.

His world was once in ruins too. His love left, and took all the color with her.

He understands.

We have come together, and taken our broken beaten down worlds and made something so wonderful. It’s so grand and more astonishing than what we could ever create.

The air is so clear, the colors are so vibrant, and our tree is ever bigger.

Delay may have been the worst thing for us. The past was difficult, and we never know what the future holds. I am no longer delaying. I have opened my eyes; I have simply turned my key to our world in. I have moved on. I know you cherish what we once had. I know you cling to the Idea of we could still be. Please don’t delay. Keep the amazing world you have created, but please don’t wait for me. I can only visit, and think of what could have been, and once was. Maybe one day the fog will lift for you too, and you will cherish your world. Maybe you’ll make something grand with someone new.

Just please don’t delay. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 593
Reviews: 9

Donate
Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:39 am
Arzoo wrote a review...



Greetings to you, Miss RegretNothing! Here I am for a review today.

I like the user name you have gone for :D (well, that's er not part of the review). Let's start chronologically. The beginning for me wasn't as great it should have been. You know readers may lose interest if the start itself is something clumsy.

I am delighted to tell you that the choice of your words is simple impeccable. You have described the whole scene perfectly. I could picture the whole scenario, so yeah you managed well.

You content is something every teen has experienced and can relate to. The title is captivating as well.

Kindly correct those words *does* and *even* as mentioned by KanekiManjushage. Otherwise, overall your work is pregnant with deep thoughts!

Keep it up, good luck:)




Random avatar

Points: 295
Reviews: 5

Donate
Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:07 pm
KanekiManjushage wrote a review...



Hi Kaneki here to review

It was a beautiful picture that came into my mind while reading your piece of work, completely and totally full of vibrant colours, butterflies and green meadow with a clear blue sky, the one which people usually see when they have found some new meaning in the old world. The plot was usual, of mending hearts and moving on...but the words, oh my your words were delicious!
I crunched on each juicy word you served with the seasoning of tone.

But these -
"It dose not matter."
"and our tree is ever bigger."
You should correct them.

I would be looking forward to your next post.





Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox