It's A Process

by Rascalover

It's A Process

Words tumbling out of my mouth,

Slicing my throat,

Creating my story for the world to hear,

It's a process.

Endless nights of tears,

Texting friends to no end,

Left feeling hollow, longing for an end

Ir's a process.

Days of hope come along,

Fears are overcome,

New trust is won,

It's a process.

A snag in the rug,

Lingering emotions of abandonment,

Saturation of uneasiness,

It's a process.

Bleak days full of numbing self medication,

Turning back to old habits,

Slipping into ecstasy,

It's a process.

Head clearing,

Snap back to focus,

Continuous healing,

It's a process.

Researching, bible reading,

Confiding in mentors, new friends,

Moving on for the first time with grace,

It's a process.  

Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:46 am
all wrote a review...

Hello, here for a review.

First off, this is a great poem with deep insight and it just will speak to reader. Imagery was well put and just great job on this!

One little mistake I saw right of the bat was,

Ir's a process.

I will assume it is a typo.

Another thing that caught my eye was, how long it was. I feel like poems are like songs and readers are as singers and they need to occasionally let their eyes rest. I feel as if you were to add stanzas that would be the "rest" and it would be easier to read. Maybe putting a stanza after each "it's a process"

I like the overall design of the poem as well. The way that you listed off three things and said "it's a process". It's very well done.

I do have no criticism for the content of the piece, so good job! I would love to see more of your writing in the future!

Rascalover says...

Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:28 pm
Rosella wrote a review...

Hi Rascalover! Rose here for a small review or just to state my opinion on this.

First off, I like this poem a lot. It is explaining how it is a process and not an automatic thing to get through something. It is something I, and possibly many others, can relate with and connect with and relate to. So good job on that ;)

I like the style you used through the poem as well. The words and metaphors you used were able to explain the feeling and concept that the writer, you, is trying to send to the readers/audience.

I also like how you put the title within the poem, which is something that is not always able to be done with a poem.

Although one of the things I would recommend doing though is italicizing every time you say "it's a process". It will help it look nicer and emphasize the meaning of it. Also since it is the title of the poem, it would be nice to italicize it.

For example: the last part

Researching, bible reading,

Confiding in mentors, new friends,

It's a process.

It would look nicer as:

Researching, bible reading,

Confiding in mentors, new friends,

It's a process.

Perhaps it is just a choice of style but I think it is needed.

Overall, good job! I think this was a lovely poem and a nice idea. Keep up the good work and enjoy this [s]crappy[/i] review (even though I am not a professional writer one bit haha). Have a good day! :)

Rascalover says...

Thank you so much!!!!! :)

Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:45 am
UriahElroy wrote a review...

It's all a process, brother/sister. Death is nothing more than a short slumber towards eternity. Stop being so sad, and understand that your life is a prize. I'll give an example:

Consider the difference between life and existence.

Life is the distance to the Sun; it's just right. Life is the atmosphere; it's just right.Life is your internal temperature; it's just right. Life is, bluntly, the fact that you're the surviving sperm on a 200-500 million ratio. You and everybody you know is the "sperm who won," and we're all tantamount to "survival of the fittest" on a cellular level. Life is extraordinary and precious.

Then consider existence...

What'd we truly know about the universe and the world around us? Can you definitively prove that our existence is nothing more than a dream? A "simulation?" Are there really "multiverses" which mirror every outcome of every decision, on a conscious, individual level? Quantum physics would tell us so.

So, my consideration to you is...

If you're the proverbial "sperm who won," and there are multiverses: consider this.

Going by the average male ejaculation of 200-500 million cells, fused with the multiverse theory, we can assume that there is... Hold your breath.... 200-499-million other universes where you aren't technically you...

Maybe in Universe A you're a girl. Maybe in Universe B you're a blonde. Maybe in Universe C you're a blonde girl. Maybe in Universe D you're active on YWS. And so on and so forth, 'til the end of eternity.

Moral to this review?

There's a lot of ways things can go; and they're not often in your favor. Keep your chin up and take your lumps.

Pain builds character.

Take care, and best wishes from Glassport.

Rascalover says...

Thank you.

Congratulations!
— Magestorrrow