z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Streets

by RachitBansal


Upon illusions of the corneal curtains,
mirrors of future caress me,
fluttering with my beating heart,
images, woven by a forgotten,
some dark...others darker.

Leaving behind hands I held,
I run upon tangled stairs,
legs heavier each eclipse,
my ears sing varying pitches,
loud sounds, unheard noises.

Through a crystalline pair,
I see distant signboards
and shaded pavements.

Stories incomplete–
taken afar by heavy storms,
I run behind tales of the past,
as my legs chase
the demons of the future.

My grey cells count grey strands,
passing unseen streets,
beneath deceitful skies,
I walk an unending journey,
upon grey lands.

Being a broken thread,
I run no more– dissipated
I walk until I fall upon a stone;
amidst fallen tress and crooning crows.

My face down the path I walked,
I look upon veneers-
red, broken, and those flowered
...
closing my identity behind
shutters of dilemma.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 272
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:30 pm
View Likes
TheDocterUnicorn wrote a review...



Hi! This is my first review so sorry if it seems slightly flung together.
I would just like to start off by saying that this poem is really good. Just putting that forward! It sounds almost as chaotic as my life! Metaphor after Metaphor! fab. I wish that I could find something constructive to say. Hmm... I suppose that the whole poem is a bit confusing at first and you really have to look at it in depth to understand it. Amazingly dark and so deep. I love it! I really have very few bad things to say about it! I hope you write more because you have real potential. Thank you.



Random avatar
RachitBansal says...


I am newbie here too! All the best!



User avatar
624 Reviews


Points: 3571
Reviews: 624

Donate
Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:10 pm
View Likes
Casanova wrote a review...



Heya, Rach! I see you've posted another! Congrats! How are you finding the site?
Anyway- To the review!
First off- this is very different from your other poem! I like!
The same first though, though. Capitalization!
Though- I have to say- you fixed your punctuation! Good job! I'm proud!
The first thought I had about the context of the poem was this,"Wow."
I honestly love the poem.
One line in the first stanza kinda gnawed at me, though.
"Some dark... Others darker." Gah, this line kills me xD. I mean- technically it is correct, but I wasn't expecting it to be darker- I was expecting it to be something like,"Brighter," but that's what I get for reading it like it's my own!
Next though- it doesn't rhyme. I like that,. I couldn't write a free verse poem if you forced me to- so it's refreshing to see that other people can. I honestly find rhyme easier than free verse for some reason- apparently it's supposed to be easier? I don't know- I guess that depends on thee person/author in question.
My next thought was about the last line-"Closing my identity behind shutters of dilemma." I understand that,"dilemma," is a hard/impossible choice... But I kind of wanted to know what it was, like for it to be continued and such.
I really don't know what to say- free verse isn't my style, so I'll leave you with that.
Keep writing!
Sincerely- Matthew Casanova Aaron



Random avatar
RachitBansal says...


That's again! :) yeah! So now it's time for me to post one of my rhyming poems!




One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World