The Family Feud: Chapter 4

by Qoh16

Chapter 4: The Telling

As we were driving down the road towards home, Zackariah had found his dad who I didn’t know was actually Lucifer himself. Yeah, just my luck. Anyway, here’s the conversation that went down between them. Riding back the way we came, Zackariah slows to a stop just in front of his dad’s car. Situating himself to get off the bike, he holds his helmet in his hand.

“So Dad, how was your meeting? Lucas still looking as old as dirt?” he said, laughing to himself, reminding him of the inside joke he had with his best friend Trey.

“ Yeah. And we talked about somethings, the most important thing was this experiment that we want to conduct.” he said, knowing his son would hate him for volunteering him but could care less.

“Experiment?” he asked, quizzically, not really following where he was going.

“This experiment will consist of one person from each of our races and we want to see what would happen between them. So I volunteered you.”

The look of shock on his face was priceless. “What the fuck!!?? You did what!!!??”

“I volunteered you. Starting tomorrow you are going to Haven High. This is the end of this conversation.” he said, climbing into his black tinted Jaguar and sped off. Zack just sat there straddled on his bike.

“What the hell am I going to do?” he thought to himself.

Well, back to my side, as soon as i got home I called Toriah. To my disappointment, she let it ring a few times before picking up.

“Hello.” she asked sounding like I had woken her up out of her sleep.

“Toriah!!!! Guess what!!!!??”

“Your father found out you aren’t a virgin.” she snickered.

“Shut up!!! Cause that’s not even true.” I say, as she laughs hysterically in my ear. “Anywaaaaaaay, I saw the most delicious guy when I was with my dad today, and girl let me tell you!!!”

She interrupted me with her loud laugh. “You are a mess, chickadee.”

“Yeah. but you love me. He bought me an ice cream, abet he did crash into me, but still. Then he gave me a ride on his motorcycle.” I said, smiling just thinking about my day.

“ Oooo!!! A bad boy!!! So was he cute?”

“No, he was fine!!! And he was so nice.” I couldn’t help but smile again.

“So what’s his name?” she asked now that I have peaked her interested.

“Zackariah.” I said, hoping she would stop with the Q&A session.

“What the hell kind of name is that?”

“How should I know? All I know is he has a nickname, Zack.”

“So when do I get to meet this mysterious Zack?” The question sort of threw me off balance, because I didn’t even know when was the next time I was going to see him.

“Uh....I don’t know honestly...he’s supposed to call me soon.”

Before she could answer I could here my dad calling me to his study.

“Uh, T, I gotta go. Dad’s calling.” I said regretfully, wanting to talk more with her.

“Alright, chica. I’ll see tomorrow morning. Love ya.”

“Love ya too.” I said, hanging up and bounding towards the stairs. When I got to the door I could tell that something was off. Peeking my head in door I saw my father in his what I call his “old man” glasses and a piece of paper at the end of his nose. Stepping into his view, he focuses on my person.

“Yes? You wanted to talk to me?” I ask hesitantly. Yeah I’m wondering what he wants, see I sorta broke the “no talking to strange people” rule. So I’m hoping he doesn’t notice.

“Yeah. I wanted to speak to you about what happened at my meeting with Lucifer.” he said, not looking up from his piece of paper. “We talked about an experiment, we want to see what would happen when our two races combine. In turn, I volunteered you.”

“Do I have too??” I whined, not really wanting to be a lab rat for my father. That job was never fun.

“Yes, you do.” he said, finally looking up at me.

“Why??!!” I said, whining some more.

“Because I said so, you are my daughter, I am your father and I told you so.” he said.

“So?” I said with attitude.

“So?? That’s all you have to say is so?” he asks incredulously.

“Yeah.” I said with my hip cocked and arms folded across my chest.

“Well if you don’t want to be grounded for all eternity you will do ask I say. Got it?” he said low and menacing, getting close nose-to-nose. He was so close I could feel his hot breath on my face. Sometimes he scares me, my dad isn’t really the guy that everyone knows from the Bible. In this predicament, I realize I have lost this argument.

“Okay. No sense in arguing with you.” I say officially waving the proverbial white flag.

“That’s right. Now, just to let you know, you will not know who the person is. So don’t try and go find out who it is. They will reveal themselves in due time.”

“Fine.” I said, ready for this conversation to be over. I walked out the door not caring that I wasn’t dismissed. Stomping up the stairs I slam the door to my room and suddenly I become tired, like someone has siphoned all of the energy out of my body.

“I’ll call T tomorrow.” I thought in my head, and speaking to no one in particular. Getting into my bed in which I call “The Cloud,” my head hit my pillow and I slept like the dead. Also dream of Zack and the possible future.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:02 am
HorsebackWriter wrote a review...

Qoh16 wrote:
Chapter 4: The Telling

“ Yeah. And we talked about somethings, the most important thing was this experiment that we want to conduct.” he said, knowing his son would hate him for volunteering him#FF0000 "> but could care less. #0000FF ">This doesn't make #0000FF ">sense.

“Toriah!!!! Guess what!!!!??”

“ Oooo!!! A bad boy!!! So was he cute?”

“What the hell kind of name is that?”

“Why??!!” I said, whining some more.

“So?” I said with attitude.

There was some grammar problems, mostly missed capitalization.

All in all, I read all of the chapters and I hunger for more.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:06 am
Soulkana says...

Awesome sis!! Really happy I could help even if it wasn't as much lols. Good luck with this!! Happy Writing!!!!!!!
Soulkana<3

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic