z

Young Writers Society



Shut It Down

by Prettyboi


One thing I would like the world to agree upon with me is gay understanding. First I would like to say people can really stoop low, hating, discriminating against some male or female who loves, or is in a relationship with, or maybe even just has feelings for someone of the same sex as he or she. That’s wrong ,messed up ,mean ,or how ever else you want to put it but in no way shape or form is it right you make someone feel bad for who they are .

Ok I know most people discriminate towards homosexuals because of their religion, and I understand that ,now listen to this “I haven’t even told my parents yet and I don’t know if I will . It’s hard and depression builds up and things happen people start to cut their self or maybe suicide may happen a lot could happen “ And what if there is a god (which I’m not saying exist or not ) but do you think he/she would be happy that you drove an innocent soul to hurt or kill his or her self just because you treat them bad to were they don’t care for life anymore “no he or she would not” I thought we left bullying at grade school, shows how mature some people are.

I just want to leave something on your mind, why? Why do you desire contact with the opposite sex, because it is right? Because it makes you happy? Well what makes homosexuality wrong? Why shouldn’t it make him or her happy? Or why should you judge someone on how they live? Do you live perfect? Do gays live perfect? Of course not, not when they have people making them feel bad for whom they are. Look all I’m trying to say is you have love and you enjoy it. So why gays can’t have love and have the right to enjoy it. Stopping one isn’t going to stop it all , because that love he or she has is the love you have , and challenges make it stronger so basically you’re not going to win .So go with the flow and make a change in your City ,town , state anywhere It doesn’t matter build love don’t break it be the bigger person for me , for us for peace on earth , it’s up to you now.

And some info I found on the internet to back up my theory. One cool informational article I found was Pride vs. prejudice by Ronald J. Alsop in that article he talks about he talks about how gays are discriminated from jobs .For instance , he states in the second paragraph that “gays cannot count on federal protection from discriminatory employment practices.” In that I believe that Ronald Alsop was stating that gays cant rely on federal protection to stop work businesses from discriminating on employees because of their sexual orientation I mean I don’t know why someone would do that there’s only so many straight people in the world and homosexuals need jobs and if businesses discriminate then it’s there loss of money/employees there’s nothing wrong with it at all the customers don’t know that and if they do oh well.

Also Ronald Alsop states in paragraph two that “The vast majority of Fortune 500 corporations have added sexual orientation to their nondiscrimination policies, and a growing number are including gender identity, as well. What's more, roughly 80 major employers have publicly pledged their support for ENDA. Aside from the basic issues of equality and fairness, many companies realize that a diverse workforce is critical to success both in attracting talent and marketing their products“. Really do you really need to add sexual orientation to an application , only thing that matters is that they get there work done and you make money that’s it .the orientation doesn’t matter at all that should be the last thing a business owner should worry about . Now the one thing I would like the world to agree upon is gay understanding

By: Tee-Jay .J. Moore


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 270 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 am
View Likes
believeinme03 says...



Yes, indeed! I agree on it. I'm straight but I don't really understand why other people tends to prejudice their fellow because of his/her sexual preferences. I was like, "Common Dude, wake up! It's a new Millennium."

And I do have friends who are gays. They were fun to be with. To tell you honestly, I don't see any difference. Maybe because we're all human and kinda the same. And I would love for the world to think that way too.

And if ever someone's reading this, who are gay and still not outed yet, lemme tell you this:
Being gay is not wrong. It's your choice and you were vested the right to run your own life. People may judge you, but what matters is that your own opinion of YOU. Don't let others tell you how you'll gonna live your own life. Don't live to their expectations. Accept who you are. You'll know how that first step will get you. Tell your parents. They might be shocked at first but eventually loved you anyway. Tell it to your friends, if they were really your real friends they will accept. I know it's hard but that's the only way for you to be happy truthfully.

And If you want someone to talk to come to me. I can be your friend. I maybe a stranger but I can be a good Friend.

Just remember this: LOVE IS LOUDER THAT WHAT OTHER'S SAY.

Love yourself. Be you. Live Life.





And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley