Yogic Horsemanship- Triangle

by Pidgin_Princess

This is an article that is due August 5th to a magazine. This is only my first draft! Please read it and get as nit-picky as you want. I especially need help with transitions and my ending. Thanks for the help!

***

Horse shows. Whether you're English or western, jumping or leading, they can be a huge strain. You find yourself rushing to get your horses and yourself ready, only to squeeze in class after class for the rest of the day.

Triangle is a classic standing pose for all forms of yoga. It reduces stress and anxiety while relieving lower back pains.

Spread your arms and take a wide stance, with your ankles in line with your wrists. Turn your right foot 90 degrees and angle your left. Keeping your legs straight, inhale and reach to your right. "Windmill" your arms and bring your right hand to your thigh. Reach your left hand up with palm open so that your arms are aligned. Turn your hips and torso upward. Then turn your head so you are gazing at your left thumb.

Continue a deep, complete breath. If you are uncomfortable, you may bend your knees slightly. If you are comfortable, continue downward until your fingertips reach the floor. However, you must be careful to stay open in this pose.

Use this technique before or even during a show. You'll notice a huge difference in your performance- if you are relaxed your horses will be relaxed. And you won't have to worry about a sore back either!

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:49 pm
Fand says...

That pose feels so good! ^^ I haven't ridden in far too long, too... you've made me simultaneously want to go home and do yoga, and go find a good stable. ^~

Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:45 pm
Pidgin_Princess says...

Thanks Snoink! I submitted it now, so I won't be needing any more help. I'll post my next one, though!

Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:04 pm
Snoink wrote a review...

Eep! I don't know much about yoga, but I will bump the thread and comment on a sentence, okay? :D

Whether you're English or western, jumping or leading, they can be a huge strain.

This sentence is awkward because "whether you're English or western" doesn't make sense. Do only English people and western people participate in horse shows? Though your audience would probably know what you're talking about, it's probably safer to make it grammatically correct and mention the subjects.

Hope that helps! :D

Look closely. The beautiful may be small.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher